Former Sneakerheads, What Were The Most Ridiculous Points Of Your Sneakerhead Days

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

-Week 1: Spent $1050 on LeBron III Dunkman
  Week 2: Spent $1100 on LeBron IV Fruity Pebbles
  Week 2.5: Realized I was still staying with my mom and spending $2000+ on 2 pairs of shoes that I was NOT going to wear was ridiculous.
  Week 3: Sold III's for $1300, IV's for $1400 (I think those were the prices). $500 come up
pimp.gif
  Week 3.5: Dude who sold me the kicks in the first place found out I sold them and then for more and stopped messing with me like that. Basically, he gave me a deal then I turned around and resold them. He coulda sold them for that price originally if he wanted to but he wanted to help me out. I honestly didn't mean for it to happen that way but it did and he stopped talking to me
ohwell.gif

-Bought 13 pairs of Jordan IV Tours on release date.
Doesn't surprise me. There's something off about most of the dudes who sling PE's/Hyperstrike's. I remember this one dude I used to help people out with getting PE's from him. I don't remember what exactly happened but I guess I did something he wasn't a fan of and he flipped and left me a message with his number and said, "If you ever wanna' talk to me again you'll call me now." I couldn't stop laughing.

Week 2.5: Realized I was still staying with my mom and spending $2000+ on 2 pairs of shoes that I was NOT going to wear was ridiculous.
  Week 3: Sold III's for $1300, IV's for $1400 (I think those were the prices). $500 come up
pimp.gif
  Week 3.5: Dude who sold me the kicks in the first place found out I sold them and then for more and stopped messing with me like that. Basically, he gave me a deal then I turned around and resold them. He coulda sold them for that price originally if he wanted to but he wanted to help me out. I honestly didn't mean for it to happen that way but it did and he stopped talking to me
ohwell.gif

Doesn't surprise me. There's something off about most of the dudes who sling PE's/Hyperstrike's. I remember this one dude I used to help people out with getting PE's from him. I don't remember what exactly happened but I guess I did something he wasn't a fan of and he flipped and left me a message with his number and said, "If you ever wanna' talk to me again you'll call me now." I couldn't stop laughing.

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Most ridiculous point was how much I spent on the Grape V
sick.gif
Same...

I dropped 350 for a pair of shoes that I ended up selling for a 100.

^ That's crazy. The most I've spent on one pair of kicks was $190 back in '02 for a pair of concords. Bought them from sneakerpimp.com. Went to dude's house one day after class to pick them no answer. I was tight. Thought dude scammed me and stole my money. I hit him up on AIM and turned out dude was a high school kid selling kicks
laugh.gif
. Went the next day, got the kicks. I thought they were fakes at first, inspected them thoroughly right in front of dudes face lol. When I got on the train, I didn't have a bag so I was clinging on to the box like I had the case from Pulp Fiction. I still have that pair, I've only worn them about 3 times since I have them. Still in great condition. I did so knowing they would be released again to avoid headache. *Looks at Concord XI thread* I was right......

You also know you've been too into shoes when every pair you own has some sort of story behind them.
Milk carton on ewayz
Wonder if he lurks

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Most ridiculous point was how much I spent on the Grape V
sick.gif
Same...

I dropped 350 for a pair of shoes that I ended up selling for a 100.

^ That's crazy. The most I've spent on one pair of kicks was $190 back in '02 for a pair of concords. Bought them from sneakerpimp.com. Went to dude's house one day after class to pick them no answer. I was tight. Thought dude scammed me and stole my money. I hit him up on AIM and turned out dude was a high school kid selling kicks
laugh.gif
. Went the next day, got the kicks. I thought they were fakes at first, inspected them thoroughly right in front of dudes face lol. When I got on the train, I didn't have a bag so I was clinging on to the box like I had the case from Pulp Fiction. I still have that pair, I've only worn them about 3 times since I have them. Still in great condition. I did so knowing they would be released again to avoid headache. *Looks at Concord XI thread* I was right......

You also know you've been too into shoes when every pair you own has some sort of story behind them.
Milk carton on ewayz
Wonder if he lurks

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

I'd have stopped talking to you too. I went out of my way to cut you a deal, lost money in the process and you turn around a flip them for more? I don't think some people understand how hard it is to establish a connect to where you can get something as rare as a PE. No wonder most of these guys who get them don't share the wealth. Y'all mess it up for everyone else.

The worst I've done was save money by skipping meals so that I could buy what I wanted. Water and granola kept me from passing out in class.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

I'd have stopped talking to you too. I went out of my way to cut you a deal, lost money in the process and you turn around a flip them for more? I don't think some people understand how hard it is to establish a connect to where you can get something as rare as a PE. No wonder most of these guys who get them don't share the wealth. Y'all mess it up for everyone else.

The worst I've done was save money by skipping meals so that I could buy what I wanted. Water and granola kept me from passing out in class.

paid $175 for the white/navy/red XIX and the light blue XXs
alien.gif
 not so bad compared to some of yalls purchases
spent hours a day online looking/planning my next purchase

havent been a sneakerhead in 5 years.. only really rock blazers now but i never got a chance to pick up my grails (flint XIII) so i might do that soon
tongue.gif

paid $175 for the white/navy/red XIX and the light blue XXs
alien.gif
 not so bad compared to some of yalls purchases
spent hours a day online looking/planning my next purchase

havent been a sneakerhead in 5 years.. only really rock blazers now but i never got a chance to pick up my grails (flint XIII) so i might do that soon
tongue.gif

Spent like 600on the first DMP pack cause nowhere in Utah was going to get it. Basically used lots of my scholarship money on shoes. Its a good thing my dad worked at my school and I got free tuition. I look back and think how dumb I was spending so much on shoes I barely wear now.

Purchased Invisible Women's for like 200. I cant give those @!@$+ away now.

In high school I would look on ebay for anything that looked like vintage Nikes. I bought some ugly %!+ shoes that weren't even cool. They just looked like 80's and 90's style basketball shoes.

Spent like 600on the first DMP pack cause nowhere in Utah was going to get it. Basically used lots of my scholarship money on shoes. Its a good thing my dad worked at my school and I got free tuition. I look back and think how dumb I was spending so much on shoes I barely wear now.

Purchased Invisible Women's for like 200. I cant give those @!@$+ away now.

In high school I would look on ebay for anything that looked like vintage Nikes. I bought some ugly %!+ shoes that weren't even cool. They just looked like 80's and 90's style basketball shoes.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Paying $150 or more for a pair. Smh... wasting money.

Everyone has something they spend excessive money on . Some spend it on iphones,ipads, clothes, or car rims I say if it makes you happy get it! Some people just don't put their priorities in order first thats when It becomes a waste of money. Imo

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Paying $150 or more for a pair. Smh... wasting money.

Everyone has something they spend excessive money on . Some spend it on iphones,ipads, clothes, or car rims I say if it makes you happy get it! Some people just don't put their priorities in order first thats when It becomes a waste of money. Imo

a couple of vacations (roughly a week long) i took at least 1 different pair of shoes for each day...may have had more shoes than days on vacation for "options"

one of these said vacations was when i first started dating my wife...went to the beach w/ her and her dad and he sees me loading up the trunk of his car w/ a gang of sneakers all in the boxes and he's gives me a look like "
indifferent.gif
"

at one point i would estimate that less than 20% of my shoes i owned were actually worn...at said point i had over 100 pairs of sneakers

i used to buy multiples of pretty much anything i could get multiples of...not just talking new releases, i would get a pair of hard to come by sneakers and if i got an opportunity later down the road i would get another pair if the price is right...i've even gotten triples of these kind of shoes a couple of times

there were a few pairs of "grail" status shoes that i would check for on ebay everyday, multiple times...still a couple pairs that i check for almost daily

when i used to rent i would have to take multiple trips just to relocate all my shoes to my new apartment

like many others i would walk like a penguin just to keep my #!#% lookin' "fresh"

laugh.gif

a couple of vacations (roughly a week long) i took at least 1 different pair of shoes for each day...may have had more shoes than days on vacation for "options"

one of these said vacations was when i first started dating my wife...went to the beach w/ her and her dad and he sees me loading up the trunk of his car w/ a gang of sneakers all in the boxes and he's gives me a look like "
indifferent.gif
"

at one point i would estimate that less than 20% of my shoes i owned were actually worn...at said point i had over 100 pairs of sneakers

i used to buy multiples of pretty much anything i could get multiples of...not just talking new releases, i would get a pair of hard to come by sneakers and if i got an opportunity later down the road i would get another pair if the price is right...i've even gotten triples of these kind of shoes a couple of times

there were a few pairs of "grail" status shoes that i would check for on ebay everyday, multiple times...still a couple pairs that i check for almost daily

when i used to rent i would have to take multiple trips just to relocate all my shoes to my new apartment

like many others i would walk like a penguin just to keep my #!#% lookin' "fresh"

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom