Giving Back

As you know,it's that time of year again were we give thanks to the things we have and a time when we give back. Some of us are really blessed and don't know how good we really have it,while others don't have anything but the clothes are their back. A small gift can mean the world to a stranger.

Wanted to know what the NT famb would be doing to give back.

I plan on giving away 4-6 pairs of Jordan/Nikes to orphanages'. I don't wear them anymore, so midus wale let a lil dude get his shine on.

Plan on giving away a couple of toys to Toys For Tots.

Also plan on volunteering at my local food shelter.

(If theres a thread already about this please delete or move.)

i'm going to give some shoes away as well and i would like to chill with some kids who are lacking a family during the holidays and show them some love and be with them so they're not alone but i haven't been able to find anything like that 

I would say enter the Big Brothers Program,but I think thats for kids whos' parents enrolled them.Still try though, if you can give  time to a kid who needs it,things life-altering.

This past month I gave away a few pairs of shoes to family n friends

planning on more as the opportunities come

I used to donate clothes/toys/assistance to local Single Mothers in need.

I'm always donating/giving stuff to some of the immigrants who just migrated over to the states and work at the same restaurant that my mother does for her second job. These are hard working dudes who are mad greatful to wear any/all of my old gear and anything that I can give them.

Donate food to the local church/shelter and volunteer at some of the community events.

I remember once I went downtown with a bag of clothes that I didn't wear anymore and was giving them out to some homeless people I saw. Walked up to this one homeless guy and asked him if he wanted some of the clothes, dude was like "nah can you give me $ for food?"

:smh:

I plan on working in a homeless shelter on Christmas and New Years Eve...a goal of mines this summer is become a mentor to some of the youth in DC

we gotta give back to our youth man especially our teens between the age of 13-16 they are crazy these days

Last edited:
I remember once I went downtown with a bag of clothes that I didn't wear anymore and was giving them out to some homeless people I saw. Walked up to this one homeless guy and asked him if he wanted some of the clothes, dude was like "nah can you give me $ for food?"
mean.gif
one time i gave food to a homeless guy (fresh uneaten, untouched subway bought just to give away) he refused and asked for money instead

too many fakes these days i have no sympathy for the homeless

I would say enter the Big Brothers Program,but I think thats for kids whos' parents enrolled them.Still try though, if you can give  time to a kid who needs it,things life-altering.
i looked into it but my set back is that i don't have the most reliable car, and they require a safe car so i'm out.
mean.gif

every homeless person i've given stuff to has been really thankful luckily

Last edited:
after Hurricane Sandy, I donated a bunch of spring and winter jackets that I don't wear anymore / don't fit me any more . . .

Stay giving back to my hood... Putting my homies on, on a nice day I fire up the grill and just give food to people who need it around here.. Get mad love back in return

Back
Top Bottom