GoT. A spoiler discussion thread

Lol I forgot to bring that up.

Every time someone got killed -Thoros it was some random *** wildling that you had no clue was even there.

they threw me how at the end of episode 5 it looked like it was just the magnificent 7 going

then episode 6 starts and randoms are getting killed :lol:

when they open the gate at the end of episode 5 you can see the wildlings behind them.

It's not like Jon isn't the son of a lord though.

Sons of lords usually end up as trainees of retainers from birth, learning swordplay and strategy.

Makes sense to me he's better than your average. Jon is arguably one of the top-caliber sword fighters in GoT.

+ the entire A-team was full of unique veteran fighters. I think your typical soldier is more than likely to catch that ultimate fade.

Dude I understand that. But he takes them out in seconds

Any other top level swordman in Westeros could probably give Jon trouble.

But I'm suppose to look at White Walkers as scary when I know they will get washed within seconds once a good swordsman has the right blade?

Why hasn't GRRM finished the books; how long has he had now? He either has the worst case of writer's block ever and can't tie up all of his story lines or he's over it and just letting the cash roll in now.

I think we've gotten what we've needed from this season though. I think having two more ten episode seasons would have been nice and could have allowed for more development, but I'm fine with how this season has played out.

That's how all of these Fantasy epics work. It often take authors 20+ years to write to write the entire saga. Sometimes the author dies and they leave their notes with other writers so they can finish. No one was sweating GRRM before the show came on air but now everyone is trying to rush the guy. Keep in mind that he's consulting on the show and doing other writing as well.

I think the best we can hope for is for the show to finish, and the books having the same ending as the show. I think the major events of the books will mirror the show but GRRM will use the books to fill in the details the show glosses over and of course wrap up storylines about characters not included in the show.

maybe they're rusty. i mean who are they actually fighting lol

don't sleep on NK though.

if we get NK vs JS i fully expect him to over power Jon. I'd be shocked if Jon doesn't win via interference.

maybe they're rusty. i mean who are they actually fighting lol

don't sleep on NK though.

if we get NK vs JS i fully expect him to over power Jon. I'd be shocked if Jon doesn't win via interference.

Well, if worked for Tio Ned at the Tower of Joy. So hey, war is war

-What do you all think White Walkers do in their spare time? Dem boys probably ghetto as hell and be slap boxing in the snow.

creating this huge universe and writing a book on your own takes a long time.

the show has teams and thousands of people working on it, so it's able to move faster.

I'm personally not bothered by some of the insignificant plot holes. sure, more attention to detail would be nice, but at this point i want to see the story play out and the plot get advanced. we've met everyone of significance and whatever happens in the next 8 episodes has already been set-up.

i really think we're headed to some awesomely brutal end for littlefinger and Cersei. can't wait to witness them both get their justice served.

The Benjen thing was corny, but my eyes def got watery when Jon said 'Uncle Benjen?! :blush:'

Was there not enough time to hop on the horse? Did I misinterpret that? The hell did he mean 'there's no time.' I would have accepted 'I'll only slow you down.'

Didn't Benjen hop off the damn horse when he got there? He couldn't pull John up on his horse and continue riding.

You know what, I'm just gonna suspend all disbelief, because the moment I start to think about the nuts and bolts I start to have issues with the episode. Regardless of how corny and contrived the set up for this excursion was, it was totally worth this episode.

Last edited:
i just assumed two people on the horse would slow him down too much.

horse in the snow with two people on his back? any horse riders in here?

That's fair.:lol:

I'm sitting in my comfy chair armchair quarterbacking. I rode a horse once at a festival in Harlem, though.:pimp:

Can someone PM the HD link. I'm going to rewatch it again on my lunch break today. The one I watched yesterday was okay quality.

Also when the Hound kicked the wight just cause :lol:

There's spoilers (not related to episode 6) in this spoiler thread. :lol:

There needs to be an official GOT spoiler thread where you dudes can discuss further spoilers outside of episode 6. :lol:

Knowing how short this season was gonna be I pretty much accepted all the speedy traveling, deus ex machinas, characters being knocked off the board or sidelined who aren't very significant to the plot (Sand Snakes, Greyjoys, Greyworm, Nights Watch, Benjen etc) all with the main goal of this short season to prove to everyone the one true enemy. Sure it kills the quality of the show narrative making conversations a hell of a lot more elementary to the viewers and just making everything all action everywhere. For that I blame George RR Martin, if he would have finished at least ONE of these remaining books I'm sure it would have helped the producers a whole lot more. At this point I think they are completely over this show and can't wait for it to end. No matter how much money it makes them it has to be extremely stressful to think of ways to tie up all these loose ends with dozens of characters so they said screw it lets jam a ton of action in here, get everyone in the same place by the end of this season and recognize that the Walkers are the biggest threat to their existence.

With the episodes in season 8 reportedly being up to 2 hours long, I hope they slow it down again. I don't hate the warping, but the development of the story makes the climaxes much sweeter. Only one season left. Do it justice.

I went back and rewatched it.

LF says, "If one was going to harm the other, wouldn't [Brienne] be bound by honor to intercede?" Sansa replies, "She would."

My interpretation now is this: LF says it as if to imply that Brienne would protect Sansa if Arya tried to harm her. But what he really meant, and the way Sansa takes it, is that the only way to harm Arya is if Brienne isn't around. So Sansa sends Brienne away so that she can be free to kill Arya.

I still think that doesn't make sense, but it's the best I can come up with.
That makes sense but Sansa is no assassin or warrior.

So if she's going to do Arya harm it'll be via ordering soldiers to do something. Plus if she really wanted to she could just lock Brienne up too.

Brienne simply isn't smart enough to be able to stop the person running Winterfell from something like that. Sure she can fight but what she gonna do fight her way out of Winterfell?

Yeah White walkers would get taken out easily by the good fighters if they have the right weapon, The Hound is actually the best fighter on their team so if he had the right weapon he'd be mauling through them

If Sansa wants to take out Arya, she will have to use Lil Finger

Her soldiers won't just kill Arya for on Sansa's orders. They are pledged to defend House Stark, not just Sansa, so killing off a Stark better be for a good reason .

Plus there is the King of the North issue. And Arya and argue treason on Sansa's part against Rob.

If the episodes of season 8 are really gonna be 2 hours, I bet HBO will push the to 2019 AND drop one once a month instead of a week.

They will call them movies and tell fans to suck it.

Back
Top Bottom