Gregg Williams Audio SMH

He just went about it the wrong way:

"Here's how I would gone about doing it. "An ACL tear is a terrible thing...A terrible thing. It is an injury that will prevent a player from playing. Example: If Frank Gore were to tear his ACL, he would not be able to come in to the game. Such a blow to a team could affect the outcome of the game. Such a fragile thing an ACL is.. Oh and I am willing to give out 10K bonus if we win the game to whom I feel is the impact player on DEFENSE this week. LETS GO SAINTS!""

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by Jking0821

None of this is surprising.  He didn't mention money at any point.  He said get out there and kill the other team.  That is what they are trained to do (yes i know not kill but you understand)

People are taking this stuff way too seriously.  Its a full contact sport always has been as Laurence Taylor, ask Bill Romanowski.  I don't understand how people are shocked by this.  I grew up playing soccer my whole life and i would have coaches tell me "#15 is their best player in the first five minutes foul him and foul him hard....get the point across early"  And that was soccer.

So when a coach says go kill Frank Gore....um that's your job.   
There's an extended version of this where he starts handing out money to players from the Detriot game. He starts with the $200 rewards & climbs to $10,000...The dropbox account the audio is housed on is not available anymore. The message reads "This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

Hitting hard is one thing, telling dudes to take out ACLs is another. If you don't understand that, then there's nothing I can say or do for you....

Guys tackle low all the time.  There is no way you can go for a low tackle and say "this is a low ACL tearing tackle" vs "a regular low tackle"

Yes the comment was in poor taste.  But you can't go out hit a knee and tear an ACL.  As an offensive player you know the defense it trying to hurt you.  Gregg didn't say now when he is down....take out your knife....and cut his acl off. 

I guess it is what it is.  To me its a violent sport and as long as you play within the rules its all good and gregg didn't break any on field rules (he broke off field bounty rules which he should be punished for but not a lifetime ban) and when you look at the tape not every Saint is diving at knees and going for head shots on every tackle.  Its a motivational tactic.  They get paid a ton of money to put their bodies through this and the NFL just wants to keep making money so they don't want any stars getting hurt because it would hurt their pockets. 

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

It's one thing to get your players to play hard & hit hard but when you talk about taking out ACLs & stuff, your talking about taking away people's lively hoods - their potential to earn money or bigger contracts or even being able to play to their maximum abilities in the future.

There is no doubt in my mind now that Williams had his ******** D back in '06 try & injure Peyton which began his neck problems. Check out the vid here. He's been teaching dirty tactics since he's been a coach in the league.

Funny thats my cuzin who took Mannings head off in that vid
laugh.gif

That' was UnCalled for.

I just came across the same story on Yahoo! Sports
http://sports.yahoo.com/n...ints_49ers_bounty_040412
AIM FOR THE HEAD???? WHAT THE ??????!!!!!!! Commissioner Goodell B-SLAP James Harrison about head hunting hits!!!???? This Greggy guy sounds like he's in the military. His speech doesn't surprise me at all and who knows....other teams might be similar with how the way they speak to their players. Maybe they're just feeding players a certain mentality since talking "normal" might not work.....BUT if you put a bounty program with this type of talk for sure the intention of the speech is 100% REAL.

The "killing the head" part is what is going to do him, especially with the league focusing on head safety and injury prevention there...smh

None of this is surprising.  He didn't mention money at any point. He said get out there and kill the other team. That is what they are trained to do (yes i know not kill but you understand)

People are taking this stuff way too seriously. Its a full contact sport always has been as Laurence Taylor, ask Bill Romanowski. I don't understand how people are shocked by this. I grew up playing soccer my whole life and i would have coaches tell me "#15 is their best player in the first five minutes foul him and foul him hard....get the point across early" And that was soccer.

So when a coach says go kill Frank Gore....um that's your job.
There's an extended version of this where he starts handing out moneyto players from theDetriotgame. He starts with the $200 rewards & climbs to $10,000...The dropbox account the audiois housed on is not available anymore. The message reads"This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

Hitting hard is one thing, telling dudes to take outACLs is another. If you don't understand that, then there's nothing I can say or do for you....
Guys tackle low all the time. There is no way you can go for a low tackle and say "this is a low ACL tearing tackle" vs "a regular low tackle"

Yes the comment was in poor taste. But you can't go out hit a knee and tear an ACL. As an offensive player you know the defense it trying to hurt you. Gregg didn't say now when he is down....take out your knife....and cut his acl off.

I guess it is what it is. To me its a violent sport and as long as you play within the rules its all good and gregg didn't break any on field rules (he broke off field bounty rules which he should be punished for but not a lifetime ban) and when you look at the tape not every Saint is diving at knees and going for head shots on every tackle. Its a motivational tactic. They get paid a ton of money to put their bodies through this and the NFL just wants to keep making money so they don't want any stars getting hurt because it would hurt their pockets.
correct me if i am wrong but didnt he say keep going after the head even after the play is over?
and idk how this can be a motivational tactic, i dont think many players want to hear this kind of stuff because not everyone is scum like williams

oh and

What I wonder is who is going to allow this dude, Sean Pamphilon, to document them ever again? I am sure he just #!%!!+ himself

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by DubA169

It's obviously the acl part ppl are saying is messed up

This.

I could care less for Frank Gore's head...
I think he is referring to Frank Gore as the Head of the 49ers, not his literal head

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

There's an extended version of this where he starts handing out money�to players from the�Detriot�game. He starts with the $200 rewards & climbs to $10,000...The dropbox account the audio�is housed on is not available anymore. The message reads�"This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

Hitting hard is one thing, telling dudes to take out�ACLs is another. If you don't understand that, then there's nothing I can say or do for you....

��
Guys tackle low all the time.� There is no way you can go for a low tackle and say "this is a low ACL tearing tackle" vs "a regular low tackle"

Yes the comment was in poor taste.� But you can't go out hit a knee and tear an ACL.� As an offensive player you know the defense it trying to hurt you.� Gregg didn't say now when he is down....take out your knife....and cut his acl off.�

I guess it is what it is.� To me its a violent sport and as long as you play within the rules its all good and gregg didn't break any on field rules (he broke off field bounty rules which he should be punished for but not a lifetime ban) and when you look at the tape not every Saint is diving at knees and going for head shots on every tackle.� Its a motivational tactic.� They get paid a ton of money to put their bodies through this and the NFL just wants to keep making money so they don't want any stars getting hurt because it would hurt their pockets.�
correct me if i am wrong but didnt he say keep going after the head even after the play is over?
and idk how this can be a motivational tactic, i dont think many players want to hear this kind of stuff because not everyone is scum like williams�

oh and�
laugh.gif
Suck a sick run, I'm not a saints fan if that was meant to offend lol avy check

I didn't hear the full audio i just heard the 3:52 youtube clip but he didn't say hit the head after the play in that one.� But as mentioned in here Mike Vick butchered dogs.� Drowned them, electrocuted them etc.� He gets a defined suspension and allowed back.� Gregg tells barbarians to go out there and kill the other players (and pays them if they do) and gets indefinite suspension lol.� I don't know i just don't see this as a really huge deal.� Ok so dude tossed some money at his players for hurting the other team, in a sport where hurting the other team is almost the point of the sport.� Eh 1 year suspension....maybe a draft pick....move on.�

edit: I don't think people got the "kill the head the body will fall"  kill frank gore.  aka frank is what makes the team go....but he did say kill so people will think they actually are going to try to end his life on the field.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

This.

I think he is referring to Frank Gore as the Head of the 49ers, not his literal head
Obviously. A lot of the things he said I don't think are too out of pocket but man gunning for ACL's (not just tackling low) is just unacceptable.

devil.gif
940sicc3 wrote:

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Dog fighting is worse guys. Don't forget that.

laugh.gif

my niners still handed they *#! to them
pimp.gif

If your talking the Saints game your exaggerating something serious didn't y'all only win by like 3 points? That's hardly handing somebody butt to them .

What I wonder is who is going to allow this dude, Sean Pamphilon, to document them ever again? I am sure he just #!%!!+ himself
You right but you know who's even in a bigger pile of ***+? Gregg Williams, who was part of the culture you defended a few weeks ago on here. Dude will never coach in the NFL again and good luck trying to find a college who will hire him.

Spygate.
laugh.gif
Y'all are so short-sighted sometimes...

Oh. Another person that doesn't get it.

This.

That's what I took from listening to it initially, then he made another comment about Gore's head nearer the end of the audio that seemed to be more literal.

Honestly outside of the ACL comment there wasn't anything overly egregious about what Williams said.

I'm sure a lot of teams pregame speeches aren't too far off from Williams'

He's definitely coached his last game in the NFL though.

devil.gif
940sicc3 wrote:

laugh.gif

my niners still handed they *#! to them
pimp.gif

If your talking the Saints game your exaggerating something serious didn't y'all only win by like 3 points? That's hardly handing somebody butt to them .

They all should be banned for the simple fact they didnt take out Kyle Williams in that game.  Wouldve done all the niner fans a favor.  

HONESTLY, I see nothing wrong with that audio I'm sure every team gives those kinda speeches..

Only thing that MIGHT'VE been over the top was the ACL thing but its not like he said " make sure hes injured "

wow...like coaches talk about knocking dudes out...but this %%%! is OD. going after ACLs? going after the head? unbelievable
30t6p3b.gif

This.

He isIt's a common phrase. Cut the head off. He just didn't use the exact words

Back
Top Bottom