Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing about Nike shoes I think Nike make
Changes on some of its products......for instance Finishline 2011 concords had a sort of clear bottom and Eastbay concords had the purple tint.....now how do you explain that.....that's why I don't argue with out seeing many pairs of any shoe.....I thought all the 2011 concords were supposed to have the purple tint

I just got the gas face after reading this. Purple tint you can't be serious. On a side note, I saw a guy in the store today while pi king up some steaks from a local grocery store. The guy had on the all black 11's (the ones with the black midsole). I thought they were fake, so I just laughed it off. But, the more I saw them while he was walking around, the quality and material didn't look fake at all. When I was putting the stuff in my SUV, the guy came out. He was parked next to me with a Benz worth easily 80k. I asked myself no way this guy is rocking fakes with a ride like that, so I asked him where he got his shoes. He said he had a connect and they were samples. And he got them in Virginia. After he pulled of, his license plate did say Virginia. The more I thought about it I said they did look aboutna size 9 and those blackout 11's were samples. If the gammas look like those, I may have to cop. They did look much better in person. And if they were fakes......they were the cleanest I ever saw!

I remember the thunders having 2 different tones of yellow , finishline was matte finish and eastbay was alot glossier brighter yellow. but it was prob just different runs of the productions that varied in color

you guys must be high or sth.Those concords look perfectly fine.That 'detail' you re pointing out depending on production batch or even photography lighting could get different.Please stop this foolish talk.Grey market doesn't exist.There are replicas and nike pairs.Everything else is just stupid . Unauthorised pairs?pairs that didn't get past quality checks?REALLY?Have you seen the 'official' ones?This thread is becoming a joke.

What :lol:

Do you actually own any concords?

Non yellowed pods after all this time and blue almost purple...those concords are perfectly fine :lol:

The joints I got from Finishline in February weren't that blue, and my other deadstock pair aren't that blue.

Word^. It's called the "grey market" for a reason. Everything involved is landing in the blurred, grey area. So coming to a black and white consensus is just not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Funny stuff going on in here...some true, some speculation, but people just love to argue...
Ill keep my opinions to myself, but ill throw this out there just to see what people think.

Real or GM? Size 10 US:

View media item 482325
View media item 482326
View media item 482431
View media item 482435

It doesn't matter. True gm's are legit anyway. Somebody will say legit because soles are yellowing....then someone will say fake because patent cut is off. Lol

If its been asked sorry but I didn't see it I bought a pair of 88 off of sneaker ape I just don't know how they can claim ther 100 percent authentic but any way my pair came with a flaw the toe hadn't been painted all the way.

Funny stuff going on in here...some true, some speculation, but people just love to argue...
Ill keep my opinions to myself, but ill throw this out there just to see what people think.

Real or GM? Size 10 US:

View media item 482325
View media item 482326
View media item 482431
View media item 482435

Midsole does look slim, but honestly I've stated before without comparison to an actual retail purchased pair it is near impossible to catch these grey markets. Eventually all shoes will yellow, so the yellowed sole rule wouldn't work for aged GMs.

not sure about those SJ's

something about the sole. almost as if they were blue and yellowed with wear.

It doesn't matter. True gm's are legit anyway. Somebody will say legit because soles are yellowing....then someone will say fake because patent cut is off. Lol

Very true...people will always nit pick and find ways to debunk something even if someone posts a legit pair :nerd:

Midsole does look slim, but honestly I've stated before without comparison to an actual retail purchased pair it is near impossible to catch these grey markets. Eventually all shoes will yellow, so the yellowed sole rule wouldn't work for aged GMs.

What is this slim midsole issue? Please enlighten me.

not sure about those SJ's

something about the sole. almost as if they were blue and yellowed with wear.

so you're leaning towards grey market?

interesting...

not sure, usually DS ones are very very yellow due to it clear. even on the sides. those look more cloudy.

im not a professional and havent even seen too many SJ's so who knows. thats just my observation. maybe post a pic of the entire sole?

it might just be the pics but the slight yellowing is there. the pics are deceiving is what im saying, the weird angles :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom