Gut Health!!! vol. from food allergies to anxiety

Saw this thread a while, was going to respond but did not know how to respond. Have been severely ill for two decades plus and I doubt people needed to do what I did. A lot of good information and tips. This is just opinion, not a doctor so consult one and do it as you feel is right. These are my experiences. Still have a lot to learn but time, stress (emotional) is getting the best out of me at the moment as it had for a long time. Not proofreading anything.

If you are sick, Just take any medications to reduce symptoms from your doctor. (cosentyx, stelara, enbrel, taltz ). listen to your doctor for your health and enjoy life. life is short. say thankful to other people especially your family, be thankful. thank God if you believe. Life is short and enjoy it, live and prosper. Beginning to think the mind and the spirit has much to do with health than physical. Could not understand why I was so tired, out of breathe and had headaches/’brain fog’ upon waking up. Anyways, Leaky gut or the medical term ‘intestinal permeability’ has 13000 entries found on pubmed; there is a journal from 1955 about I.P. and eczema (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13242002) and many other journals. Doctors MDs do not talk (listen to this interview with Dr Jerry Tennant at the 4:00 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_k1BNenl_c), will acknowledge this condition. Some do not know despite it being published, cited in medical journals and treated by holistic doctors. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

GI system is considered the second brain.

"Technically known as the enteric nervous system, the second brain consists of sheaths of neurons embedded in the walls of the long tube of our gut, or alimentary canal, which measures about nine meters end to end from the esophagus to the anus. The second brain contains some 100 million neurons, more than in either the spinal cord or the peripheral nervous system, Gershon says."
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/gut-second-brain/

The Gut-Brain Axis: The Missing Link in Depression
Abstract:
" Based on evidence, the gut microbiota is associated with metabolic disorders such as obesity, diabetes mellitus and neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, autistic disorders, anxiety disorders and major depressive disorders. In the past few years, neuroscientific research has shown the importance of the microbiota in the development of brain systems. "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4662178/

Stress & the gut-brain axis: Regulation by the microbiome

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352289516300509
"Diet is one of the most important modifying factors of the microbiota-gut-brain axis. The routes of communication between the microbiota and brain are slowly being unravelled, and include the vagus nerve, gut hormone signaling, the immune system, tryptophan metabolism, and microbial metabolites such as short chain fatty acids."

Anyone see an alternative / holistic practitioner for intestinal permeability/leaky gut ?
GI infections, autoimmune and "allergies"?
Get lab tests, do a treatment and try to do a baseline and after tests after months of treating?

From my own experiences, labs and what I can consume, eat; there are underlying issues like candida, bacterial imbalances and parasites that caused my autoimmune to worsen along with emotional stress, leaky gut. Antibiotics plus Standard American Diet SAD ruined my GI health and overall health; severe psoriasis, arthritis, hormonal imbalances, hypothryoid, high cortisol even upon waking, lack of sleep adding onto the already developed depression and anxiety. No one told me that it was 'leaky gut' or infections that were the root causes of my 'autoimmune or so called allergies. Doubt people knew or wanted to try. On curezone, there were bloggers who wrote about l.g. protocols but I was not “online” searching. I picked up a book based on Edgar Cayce that talked about L.g. infectons and acid-alkaline. In fact, my long term dermatologist that I still see now for 20+ years told me when I was in early teens that diet does not matter & there was no cure.. That always stuck out to me then and psychologically I was depressed. I had to figure it out/get a strong will or quit. Did the later. Along with no friends, guidance and knowledge, discernment.

No one told me about the side effects of antibiotics circa late 90s or how the negativity can consume a person into creating a host of other problems. Feeding the already complex problems in auto immune, depression, anxiety, fear. No one told me how to filter out negativity and how to ground myself because my foundation was trying to compare myself to my peers, classmates or wanting acceptance. Too much anger and pride from incidents, not hearing what I wanted to hear from my doctor or dad on “cures” treatments. It was my responsibility to do that from an early age. I just believed in predestination and this is who I would always become. Getting affirmation from other people with no knowledge or faith.
Antibiotics-Microbiome-Wired-Resistant-Starch.jpg

Intestinal-Microflora-Resistant-Starch.jpg

The mind, psychological processes, spiritual life, being in a community, digestion and GI health were so vital to my physical health. I was incredibly stressed out, lacked concentration which did affect my mind also stomach acid, enzymes, rest (parasympathic system and vagus nerve). So in the late 00s, I read the book Healing Psoriasis: the Natural Alternative by John Pagano who retrieve his regimen after Edgar Cayce. It is funny that as early 1900s, Cayce as he went into his sleeping trances /Askashic records was about to pinpoint that psoriasis (like automimmune diseases) is from thining of the intestinal lining of upper SI "particularly in the area of the upper small intestine between the duodenum and the jejunum. According to the readings, substances can "leak" out of the intestine and be picked up by blood and lymph circulation."

Per Pagano book and Cayce mentions being ‘mindful’, acid & alkaline, fungal, bacterial infections, liver health, eliminating toxins through the lymphatic, colonics how to cure leaky gut and get rid of infections as early as 1990s. The treatment were so outdated due to Cayce’s time period. Being mindful of what one said, did, thought (which I did not get then and later), Slippery elm, saffron bark, massages, lower vertebrae alignment, acid-alkaline, enemas and diet (eating less red meat and more vegetables). Would think that if Cayce were alive today, his regimen would be very effective and incorporate what doctors, practitioners are doing now and more. natural anti microbials (herbal teas, tinctures), biofilm disrupters, Fermented foods, l-glutamine, probiotics especially SBOs prescript assist, antibiotics (?) and heavy metals chelation?

Hippocrates knew what food does Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food? - Hippocrates

While I suggest allopathic medicine, there is not any or very little emphasis on the spiritual life, mind, being with people and not alone and nutrition. Was accustomed to Symptom relief and brief meetings. Would not get any answers to when I brought up my issues, shown them my functional lab tests or told them about my deep depression, fatigue and digestive issues.

Was on medication and saw people from UCSF, Stanford and my doctor and they were all helpful but not for me. I took Stelara in 14’ and was flaring up towards the end of 8 mos. At UCSF, the doctor there used and still uses geockerman which incorporates tar, saran wrapping, steroid, UVB light while staying there for 7hrs a day/5 days a week for 6 weeks. Costing 15k and I did that twice while being driven from the so. Bay to SF after dropping out of school because my entire body, limbs, torso, face, neck, scalp was covered. The dermatologist who oversaw that progam told me that I was the worse case circa 2007.

And that place were filled with people with severe psoriasis, mostly retired or people who stopped work. I could be barely get on my feet and psychologically defeated, spiritually dead, alone. Did not take matters into my own hands and Google or get in contact with people at curezone or look into stress relief, grounding myself, accepting life and trying to prosper. I thought the people there were middle men and worked for pharmaceuticals; not caring about the well being for people like me. I wondered if they cared or care about losing their license. Basis were Profit driven and trying to they came into it to help possibly but eventually push what was out on the market. Biologics like Enbrel were not even available in my early teens; that is how I am.

Anyways, diet is significant for everyone especially me. Not everyone needs to be strict with it, of course. Likely, some people can avoid certain foods (elimination diet) like my family friend who has severe eczema. Staying active and not thinking too much has a lot to do with his clearance in my opinion (DJ, passion for music, BJJ, martial arts, being in a community).

But diets that I have tried in order; S.A.D., Cayce Diet/acid alkaline, Zone, raw juice/blending vegetables, fruits diet with no protein(one that helped me lose a lot of weight), acid alkaline, SCD, GAPS + Paleo for my GI infections, SCD, GAPS + AIP, low histamine, low lectin. Ketogenic, AIP. Ketogenic, intermediate fast + almost Paleo + fermented foods in water kefir. Last is what I am on now and consume a lot of coconut oil, coconut butter and intermediate fast. Allergy tests are not helpful in my case because of L.G.

Heard but not tried blood type diet, Dr Gundry diet and Dr Terry Wahls’ (person who cured themselves of MS) diet.

Knowledge is essential and it causes me and others to lose so much.. Being happy or the pursuit of happiness should be the primary reason for life I thought. But if the foundation or definition of happiness is what others are doing, materialism, what this world offers on the outside; I assume people will be like me and never be happy. Ironically, I joined NT for that and pursuing what I thought was being happy. I was also bored.

I simply did not have it, the foundation, knowledge and information in any facets of life. What fellowship or a community does is help you see things, see life for what it is; a test in my opinion where we passing by. Life is a battle and giving up is what I did, wanted and sought for but felt I could be in position worse, far worse than what I experience, others are Or that I could come back. I wanted to figure it out and learn. But my lack of knowledge, discernment and foundation were not there. I still do not know a lot about life, health but it is far better than what I knew two decads ago or even last year. Experience is the greatest teacher. Another cliché that rings true.

Alternative treatments, practitioners, health blogs, diet were simply not readily available when I was younger. When little was available via pubmed, CZ, being in the area; it was my fault yes, but lack of technology, forums, people using the studies on pubmed for their own practices, practitioners, patients practicing and doing it were not available as much. It was allopathic medicice, salt baths (which is very helpful), steroidal creams, gockerman treatment and eating S.A.D. from youth age 5 and all my teens going into ~22. I took antibiotics and had surgery which caused equilibrium to be disrupted, emotional, physical stress and I did not believe in anything let alone myself. After what I saw, felt, experience, heard and was told; I became bad to put it simply. I was done and wanted out. avoided anything spiritual because I blamed, thought my issues were more physical, mental than spiritual. If I got everything in control physically, everything will follow even new friends. I was not a good person and my foundation were rooted in the world and myself, others, ‘healers’ doctors. I looked up to my dad, doctors and healers for help. I was attached to materialism as I got more depressed and compared myself to others. Elon Musk said it best that people need to think by 1st principle and not through analogy; comparing themselves to other people. What are the truths, fundamental truths and how to reason or build up from those truths. Re Health; What do you know is true and is causing your “problems”? How do you fix it? Obviously, I always knew we are differently but I still compared and was seclusive, depressed beyond any comprehension and my anger, resentment towards everything, everyone,self as well as self pity rose so much that I practically quit and fed the problems by being ignorant and courage, will and knowledge. No discernment, direction, guidance, blamed and had circumstances that did influence me a lot, mold me and use it as an excuse.

Knowledge was and always the key to understand life and getting out of here. Hosea 4:6

Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul. - Plato

Food and food for the soul were just one of the very important facets to how we turn out. Food or plants for example and their properties, effects are what some drugs, medicine today are made to try to do.

Food can either harm or cause harm, literally feed the problem in sugar for ex., be broken down in sugar. The fiber in food will be fermented furthermore or food can be used to starve, eradicate and lessen. Found out that ketogenic diet makes the most sense while avoiding sugar of any forms even in fructose/fruits. As I said, I do not know everything, not a doctor and do it as you feel is right.

About me:

I have had psoriasis since I was 5 but my first severe psoriasis break out occurred after surgery, getting antibiotics and the stress, even emotional stress and anxiety from psoriasis. I had dysbiosis and candida overgrowth. Ate take out, carb/ rich foods or Italian foods. Never recovered since as I did not research enough about alternative but listened to my long term doctor who said that diet does not matter, no cure circa late 90s. Full blown depression, anxiety, fear and no confidence. The mind is the first thing that becomes afflicted. I kept eating comfort food because i was depressed and always felt hungry even after eating. candida, bacterial and parasite overgrowth with intensive leaky gut. Did a 200 food allergy test where nearly 180 foods came positive as ‘sensitive’/be avoided. These tests plus the blood, urine leaky gut, SIBO tests were a waste of money. My Dr. stated, if there are tests that would not change how you approach treatment, outlook or see yourself; do not even do it. Assume the obvious. Rather get a blood panel, DD CDSA, Biohealth#H, great plains organic acids test and Dr Data heavy metal hair test.

Imo, people are very ill, people should focus on the diet, the infections, digestion, heavy metals and dental work (root canals) before trying to heal their leaky gut. The supplements, vitamins, mineral, probiotics, fermented foods just pass on through, not absorbed with things adhereing to the wall. Bacteria from probiotics and fermented foods lessen inflammation, infection but if you have SIBO then it could worsen. Prescript Assist, SBOs is what I would supplement with as the bacteria in SBOs have anti bacterial effect (bacteria fighting other bacteria). I always thought S. Boulardii would be good for candida, tried it but Dr Liu states otherwise.

Those stool and urine (OAT from great plains) can pinpoint and identify how severe your dysbiosis. The OAT test from great plains is better than other OAT from other companies because it measures oxalates. Oxalates is in food but yeast(candida) causes elevation. I was on a low oxalate diet for this and supplemented p5p (b6). I tried to order a probiotic overseas which contained a bacterium OXALOBACTER FORMIGENES that degrades oxalates locally in the GI. https://www.netmeds.com/prescriptions/oxalobact-capsule-10-s
Ended making some foreigner $100~ richer through western union and never heard of them again. Citrate (Mg citrate preferably) reduces absorption of oxalates. Supplement that when eating foods rich in oxalates.

“Food is a direct source of oxalate and the most common cause of disproportionately elevated oxalates. Yeast is contributing to the oxalates in this scenario but is not likely to be the only cause of the elevation. Patients like these should introduce calcium and magnesium supplementation with meals to help bind up excessive oxalates in the food (so they can be eliminated in stool). “

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/oxalate-dumping-a-probiotic-solution.37927/page-2
11407-fc1f31524edcb4d6f547334aa3b12af5.jpg

See post #21 for the diagram and pathway

Anyways when SIBO were present, I could not even eat fiber rich foods without being constipated and feeling worse as bacteria were fermenting. Blended vegetables, raw garlic, raw vegetables etc. Had to steam or bake my vegetables which then it becomes void of nutrition sometimes. If I could do it over again, I would go ketogenic and use E.V. coconut oil and artisana coconut butter but be very careful in how much to consume. Natural anti fungal and anti bacterial properties in raw garlic, coconut oil gave me issues at first because of the die off.
Would not blend vegetables, fibrous foods if you have severe SIBO and dysbiosis or IBS. Cook foods at first until IBS symptoms becomes tolerable. constipation is horrible with SIBO. But what was unusual was after arthritic (first case of arthritis and it was so severe afflicting all of my key joints) and psoriasis flare up, a doctor suggested that I do a 21 day cleanse kit (high fiber, where I ate no protein) and it alleviated most of my symptoms oddly enough. He was the one who mentioned that most of my supplements were useless and not even absorbed because the intestinal lining had too much attached to the intestinal walls like biofilms. Most of those nutrional supplements may be useless or marginal helpful anyways. Also suggested enzyme + Betaine Hcl, bile acids and Okra pepsin. He was right in that after years of discomfort time and thousands of dollars spent; most of the supplements had no effect and were addressing the root problem. The inflammation was so intense and the problem was, is the infections and food. Stopping the cycle of inflammation and using biologics for my symptoms should have been my treatment of choice. The supplement with L-glutamine, pre, probiotics in water kefir or other foods.

It just appeared logical in my opinion to stop feeding the infections with antimicrobials, no sugar, carbs, go on a high fat diet with steamed/baked vegetables. Regarding diets; Imo, if case is severe; go on an elimination diet (no dairy, egg whites, wheat, nuts, seeds and whatever you can not eat basically Auto immune Paleo), Ketogenic, intermediate fast, take coconut oil, raw coconut butter for energy/anti-microbial properties, get rid of the infection gently with anti-microbials supplements, teas (pau d arco), tinctures, biofilm disrupters i.e. proteolytic enzymes, supplement for die off/herxheimer i.e. betonite clay and activated charcoal. Take something to flush the GI in water, Mg oxide, glycinate, citrate (magnesium which a lot of people are deficient in), lots of water or even brine therapy with himalayan salt. Consider low oxalate, histamine, lectin and steaming, baking vegetables. Protein is hard to digest so supplement with betaine Hcl and enzymes. Consult a Dr or practitioner... Abx, ironically can get rid of parasitic, candida and bacterial overgrowth quickly. It is a treatment of choice for some SIBO doctors like Dr. Siebecker with supervision (though some people had trouble with Fluoroquinolones). Cipro gave someone who only had arthritis. It is classified as a chemotherapeutic drug. Consider stress reduction, fellowship, spiritual retreats, renewing of the mind, being around people, positive music..,vitamin D, sunlight, epsom salt bath, coconut oil and sleep are obviously important.

What I never realized or put more onus enough is the spiritual side of health. As well as meeting other people who need help, especially people with the same problems or joining a church/fellowship. Focus was always what I was experiencing and the problems increased. If I had to focus on one thing, it would be to ignore the problems and do something for my spiritual life/growth by being around people who are like minded and knowledgeable spiritually. Why are we here? What is the point of living? Good and evil exists.

Not religious or want to make it like seem like I am but fellowship, non-denominational churches and positive emotions; love, patience, humble and forgiving people to move forward, forget and also what I would do first before any diets, treatment or medications. Foundation should have been on faith because I believe that we are passing by and have to learn something. Fellowship or being a community helps someone grow fast.

Would do something for spiritual life and fellowship at the same time than anything. Rather understand what life is about, the nature of good and evil, God even, what spiritual strong people believe in, were doing and everything that a person should do to be a 'good' person. Good and being happy are all relative. Figure out why you or think the way you do. Reflect and meditate on it. I’ve been on the pursuit of happiness but was never happy or happy because of the obvious illnesses, infections that plagued me but I was never was content. The mind was where I struggled the most. It needs constant renewal and what you think, say does have consequences. You want to curse yourself; say 'I am sick' or 'i am depressed'. Then dwell on your problems, put negative thoughts, have negative emotions; it can become a reality. That is what I never understood because I was so inflammed and had all these infections (have yet to test for lyme disease, borrelia, co infections after my arthritic break out), in discomfort, confused, lost and did not know how to live. Not forgive.

The mind is where the battle takes place and what you say becomes real; curses. Once that is controlled, everything falls in line and easy to control. Fear, anxiety, rejection, unworthy and depression. Confidence dwindled and fear overbearing. pride is the opposite of love, in my opinion. People will never be transformed without getting rid of shame and guilt. Just the thought of accepting people, yourself and the world (what it is built on) for what they are. I wanted to detach and considered money evil; people are evil and love of money is evil. I wanted out of here and thought the world was backwards. I became too negative and my beliefs were backwards as well. Never understood how to balance or got over what I was told, had to do (diet does not matter, goeckerman or what my dad said; had to do it alone). And the food; nearly every food out in the isles are not healthy or consider eating. Not going into other areas. I questioned free will and thought we are predestined for what we became. Being sick since I was five and seeing a detoriation of my mind and body. As a young teen, I accepted that this my life and I could no longer change it even got affirmation from my doctor who i still see now and my dad, "do not complain, just deal with it", incidents. Fear was never worth it, worth worrying about, people, myself because we all had to do it differently and had differences. It was not worth it. Better going on biologics and getting a B.S. or BA. Was not introverted and people like me lived by themselves despite living with people; you can obviously live with people but still have little relationship. Do something for spiritual, as we are likely more spiritual than physical, passing by and leave everything behind. Fellowship, joining a church or meditating on something positive; for affirmation are helpful. Do not want to get religious as that is divisive in itself like everything I see on the news but do it for your good. The foundation of a person should be rooted on good, positive and the truth. There are very little I like about this world, how it operates and we all lived through, saw, heard something we do not like. Fear and anxiety from diseases. Diseases are curses and causes negativity. it was best to ignore everything, everyone and surround yourself with people who need help, spiritually strong and like minded. People who want the best out of you to tell you something you do not want to hear. And saying ‘no’ is ok as in my position; I have gotten in the habit of doing everything what people want for gain of acceptence. Just humbly say no. It is better to be in a community working on a goal than trying to figure it out alone. What was the point of even thinking of life doing it alone? Someone sees what you are doing that is wrong or vice versa; they will point it out or you will. If I could do or say anything to myself long ago is; be good first and foremost. Get an education, independence and find my own way. Because people will never agree, are equally yoked and surround myself with positive influences including what I listen to musically, watch and read. Everything that is processed in the mind has to be checked. Throw out anything negative but I dwelled on it because I Felt it, experienced and lived. I regrettably never forgave, accused and never let of the past or present. I rather be a good person than anything, have a clear mind and positive outlook on myself, life. accept people, myself, life and the world as what it is. Always was looking for blame, reasons, resented over the fact that I was different, did not look the part or accepted and fed (to even create) my own problems like what carbohydrates were doing for my infections; feeding them.

Detaching from the world and seeing the world as a test, a challenging test if done alone. while falling into snares, evil, negativity. I'm on NT because of materialism and I am bored; maybe i am curious. But materialism is obviously the reason why I registered for this site. Always wanted to detach but never saw any “way” that I liked because I thought I was pre-destined, doomed had no free will and have to do it over again because I never learned. There were events in our lives that are tragic, tragedies after tragedies and difficult to make sense of. Difficult to make sense of. Life is a battle. The mind is powerful as is the words which give problems life. Can use the mind, words for something positive; create a new reality. Always believing in helping myself before helping others or wanting to physically heal, do something that is enjoyable, have success so everything else will follow suit including my mind social and spiritual life.

Anyways, Leaky gut has been known since the 20th century thanks to Edgar Cayce.

"Here is an exemplary excerpt from the Cayce readings on psoriasis, which describes the intestinal pathology and the treatments to heal it.

"Q.Please give me the cause and cure for the so-called psoriasis with which I am troubled.
"A.The cause is the thinning of the walls of the intestinal system, which allows the escaping of poisons - or the absorption of same by the muco-membranes which surround same, and becomes effective in the irritation through the lymph and emunctory reactions in the body.
"An effective cure for same is first being mindful of the diet, during the periods when these necessary elements would be given for creating those activities within the system to close such conditions:
"In the system we would use elm water and saffron water.These would be taken in the ordinary drinking water, during periods of one, two to three weeks at a time.All the drinking water, carrying, then, either a small quantity of elm or the Saffron.For this adds to the assimilating system those properties that become effective to the aiding of building within the system itself those conditions that will overcome such activities in the system.
"The diet during such periods should be more of vegetables than of meats or sweets, so that there are those reactions that make for better unification in the membranes' reaction within the body."(289-1)"

https://www.edgarcayce.org/the-read...listic-health-database/overview-of-psoriasis/

For resources on health. SIBO, Dybiosis, candida overgrowth and l.g.:

(Disclaimer; consult your doctor or a practitioner. Also, do not take resistant starches.)

Grace Liu

https://thegutinstitute.com/cure-sibo

https://thegutinstitute.com//2013/1...gs-7-steps-paleo-gastro-iq-sibo-protocol.html

The Bristal stool chart that was posted is a good indicator of GI health as well as frequency. I had IBS-C. I remember going on a 3.5 week trip overseas in a third world Asian country and went to do the #2 once in 2 weeks and came back to California with a severe flare up of psoriasis. Eventually dropped out of HS. I thought it was nothing then but would not rule out parasites. Nothing shocks me these days, even ‘faith healers’ which I did see there and throughout my life because of being my dad, being desperate and wanting to better my health.

Read through the CFS forums (forums for those with CFS/ME)and use the searchbar as you would in pubmed for what you want to know. I learned a lot about my GI issues from that site. 3 users made a write up for candida, SIBO and leaky gut.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php

Ken Larrisen had CFS and got rid of his with antimicrobials, probiotics. He created a list of antimicrobials rating the effectiveness.

https://cfsremission.com/treatment/antibacterial-herbs-for-cfs/

another useful thread on oxalate dumping in relation to candida and lack of the active form of b6, p5p.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/oxalate-dumping-a-probiotic-solution.37927/page-2

Treatment:
Change the terrain of the GI using a protocol written by "gesalt' or Dr Ettinger. 4R's is a similar treatment of choice.
I did a protocol similar to Ken’s and the one below for 3 months. It was a miserable experience because of the herx/die off. it was proteolytic enzymes and the Bacilus probiotics that I was given.

A good write up of the protocol:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/candida-biofilms-theory-protocol.25472/

1. Detach Matrix/biofilms with proteolytic enzymes 2. Use anti-microbials in combination 3. Clean up to reduce herx-heimer/die off with betonite clay (edible obviously) and activated charcoal

4. reinoculate with probiotics, prebiotics and fermented foods

Prescript assist is the best probiotic that I have tried. Use it in conjunction with the protocol but take it away from antimicrobials. It is a soil based organisms and the bacteria (Bacillus) secretes peptides that are microbial peptides so you fight bacteria, yeast overgrowth with bacteria. This is the best probiotic in my opinion. Second would be Grace Liu’s histamine, lactate free probiotic.

Avoid VSL3 which I have tried has streptocci and people may not tolerate lactate.

to repair leaky gut:
Add zinc. People are likely low in zinc and high in copper. as a side note; There is a doctor who studies people with psychological issues, criminals and found that most of them are high in copper/copper toxcity and low in zinc. Zinc and copper are antagonists of each other.

I would add Jarrow’s pharmaceutical grade L-glutamine. 20-25 g/day.
Fermented kefir, prescript assist
Eat more protein (wild caught salmon) with enzymes, hcl to help digest.

Add protein powder in great lakes Collagen.
Restore
Amazon product ASIN B01DVACBIOMake your own Water kefir (culturesforhealth).
sea salt, Mg, CLO, p5p, r5p, vit D, biotin

There is a protocol also known as the 4Rs (remove, replace, reinoculate repair) which has similar ideas to what I just mentioned.
4RS:
http://www.chopra.com/articles/heal-your-gut-with-the-4r-program#sm.0001otnfjvyjwfic10z0snzw11ji8

https://www.amymyersmd.com/2013/01/heal-your-gut-heal-yourself/

Under my doctor MD, I had to order a Stool test Doctor’s Data CDSA, Organic acids tests Great Plains laboratory, Biohealth#H and a normal blood panel for CBC, thyroid, liver, kidney function. Did this before the treatment for the baseline then do it again afterwards. As well as order labs for heavy metals, methylation from HRI, hormonal urine test, SIBO breathe test and 23andme genetic testing. I think the blood panel, two stool test and OAT from great plains is enough.

I had overgrowth of candida, streptococci, Staph. Aureus, Klebisella and undergrowth of Bifido. Also parasite, cyst and undergrowth of other bacterial species.

No growth of E. Coli (yes, even some are found in healthy people) and no growth of Acidophilus.

You can order these tests through Grace Liu’s online ‘shop’ or labtestsplus.com. Consider ordering Dr Data heavy metal hair test for mercury and lead alone. Half life of lead is long but mercury interferes with detoxification (methylation). It is odd that organomercury is in vaccines.

Would not order SIBO breathe, leaky gut urine or blood test, allergy test, hormonal urine test, methylation pathway panel (functional), nagalase (http://www.hdri-usa.com/tests/) unless you have the money for it.
Side note: nagalase is an enzyme made from cancer cells that afflicts macrophages.
role of macrophages "Macrophages employ a range of strategies to phagocytose and kill each pathogen. When the macrophages capacity to clear bacteria is overwhelmed macrophages play important roles in orchestrating the inflammatory response through pattern recognition receptor-mediated responses. Macrophages also ensure the inflammatory response is tightly constrained, to avoid tissue damage, and play an important role in downregulating the inflammatory response once initial bacterial replication is controlled."
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0065291114000058
You can actually measure nagalase from HDRI laboratory.
Anyways, regarding these tests. These issues are secondary and thus can be ordered later or even now if you finances permit. Unless you suspect and/or autistic children; the methylation, nagalase and heavy metal test may be useful. JMO.
Just figured that if one is ill, have autoimmune, ‘allergies’ that you have methylation blockage, SIBO, leaky gut and hormonal imbalances. Proteins from undigested foods, byproducts of the overgrowth i.e. endotoxins will pass through the GI. It is an endless cycle if you do not identify and figure out what problems you have. Imo, it is important to stop the cycle of inflammation through diet + supplements and get symptom relief so you can live your life without pain, discomfort through allopathic medicine. Sugar drives the cycle of inflammation.

In addition to that protocol; I would add a ketogenic diet elimination diet, low histamine (no fermented foods until dysbiosis is fixed) + AIP if your condition is severe. Keto basically eliminates lectin foods.

I wonder if people would be fine with just a paleo + elimination diet. you should know what foods are good or bad for you.

Avoid Sugar of any form, whether natural in fructose, honey or sugar called by different names.

Consume a lot of EV Coconut oil and raw Artisana coconut butter if tolerated but eat more as you can tolerate more.

Some of this has been suggested but for nutritional supplements; biotin in high doses is good (it helps the skin but also prevent candida from being virulent). As is p5p, r5p; get the active forms of b vitamins. Consume sea salt, magnesium in magnesium glycinate, citrate, etc. For digestion take, Betaine Hcl + enzymes. I would put more emphasis on diet and reducing ‘offending’ foods (most commonly egg whites, dairy, red meat, grains, nuts and seeds).

Get sunlight and consume Himalayan salt. Brine therapy, as nasty as it sounds is beneficial.

Add Soil based probiotics (soil based organisms SBOs) like Prescript Assist.
Amazon product ASIN B00JB2GOFIPrescript Asssist is the best probiotic that I have tried. And I have tried VSL#3 but according toDr Liu, the streptococci should be avoided.

Speaking of which, her probiotic is histamine and lactate free is a good to start out with especially those who are sensitive. Rather use Prescript assist. her probiotic is fine.

The main thing to consider is uprooting the “bad” (biofilms, bacteria, overgrowth of yeast and parasites) so you can seal the GI, plant beneficial bacteria.

Changing the terrain of the SI which could take a very long time.

The use of antibiotics for candida, parasites and bacterial overgrowth is something that you should talk to your doctor along with everything that I said.
You risk the chances of sterilizing the body too much, relying on them and I have seen people on FB, forums that get them for infections and gotten negative reaction. For example, ciprofloxacin, belonging to a class of fluoroquinolone . Abx is effective in destroying diversity as it did to me when I first got my severe break out. I did not “reinoculate” with beneficial bacteria nor did I eat a good diet. They are effective and I used amoxicillin which reduced my SIBO as symptoms like lesions reduced.

Get rid of dental carries, biofilms as much as you can and remove teeth with root canals (they are toxic). Read Weston A. Price.

21 day– Cleanse from Standard Process recommended by my doctor has helped clear my psoriasis. Did not eat fat, protein and juiced fast for 21 days. Amazon product ASIN B00IIVIVOA
Re: Lyme disease & co – infections Borrelia Bartonella if you suspect (as do i as I had an arthritic breakout in 12’);

Consult a LLMD i.e. Dr Kogelnik and his team at Open Medicine Institute, OMI in Mountain View, Ca. Their clinic is also well known for being a site to draw blood for those in the Bay Area.

Diet:
Ketogenic Diet, low histamine, lectin and AIP is a good starting diet for those who are very ill, have GI issues and infections. I assume people can get away with avoiding certain foods like my family friend who had eczema.

Eat organic and avoid GMOs (pesticides like glyphosate kills beneficial bacteria and this is in our food, crops).
Read about food combination. Eat fruit alone, before meals, etc.
Google ketogenic diet or read about ketogenic diets from Liu.

Auto Immune Paleo (AIP):

https://www.thepaleomom.com/start-here/the-autoimmune-protocol/

Low lectin diets :
Lectins damages the gut lining causing L.G.
"Lectins can bind to the lining of the gut wall and make it leakier (R). Undigested lectins can enter the bloodstream (R)."
https://selfhacked.com/blog/deal-histamine/
https://selfhacked.com/blog/elimina...xecutive_Summary_of_the_Lectin_Avoidance_Diet

Cohen’s Selfhacked blog is very informative as well.

The acid-alkaline diet is probably good but I have not seen any practitioner who uses it or looked into studies. Most of the acidic foods are what I avoid anyways in animal meat, overconsumption of protein, grains, seeds, nuts, processed foods, sugar and stress. Alkaline foods, celtic, Himalayan salt or drinks are alkaline water (filtration system), vegetables, reducing stress (stress is acidic).

SCD, GAPS were created for dysbiosis, leaky gut but I find they still allow a lot of sugar. Vegetarian like acid-alkaline may be wise as protein (like wheat, grains, seeds, nuts) are very difficult to digest compared to carbs, fat.

People demonize fat AND salt like it is the worse thing you can consume when it is sugar that people should avoid. Sugar of any kind; fructose, corn syrups, honey, dextrose, fruit juices. table salt is bad. Himalayan, sea salt (celtic) is fine. Full of minerals. Fulvic acid is another good source of minerals.
Sugar feeds cancer cells and worsen these microbial overgrowth as sugar is their primary fuel source. Increases in sugar --> insulin which causes diseases and a cycle of inflammation. Sugar, carbohydrates, processed foods, fruit even except for coconut oil, avocado. ketogenic is used in Europe for cancer treatments and GI issues.

Research what is in vaccines (mercury, nagalase), flu shots. That is all I have to say about the matter.

Get those alkaline filtration systems for your family and even pets. I have a Kangen machine but there are plenty of cheaper alternative that are not MLM.

23andme and genetic genie methylation, detoxification profile is fine but focus on the root causes which are infection and cycle of inflammation.

Tried to reduce mast cell and thought i had MCAS (Mast Cell activation syndrome). Again, it stems from the GI and cycle.
6 Proven Diatomaceous Earth Uses and Benefits
https://draxe.com/diatomaceous-earth/

Activated betonite clay for endotoxins.

Low dose naltroxene is good and is used for SIBO as it aides peristalsis in the GI. Cannabidiol oil did not work for me.
Colonics, liver flushes (Andreas Mortiz), coffee enemas to flush the liver.
Infared saunas with low EMF.
Far infared mat
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011Q04ZVW/?tag=niketalk0e-20
Tried Colostrum for a while but did not react well to it.
"Faith healers" (this is another topic in itself, I have seen and put my faith in people far too much, from being naive to just willingly going to).
Have not tried this but GcMAF, GcMAF creams and "Bravo" yogurt.

Other practitioners:

Dr Diettrich Klinghardt

treats patients with a very similar protocol to what I already listed but uses abx, herbal tinctures for biofilms and focuses a lot on getting rid of heavy metals, detoxification. He states there is a direct connection between candida infestation with mercury. and by getting rid of heavy metals you can stop candida overgrowth. He uses chorella pyr. and cilantro. I tried it and felt it was fine for chelating. The worse experience from chelating was from DMSA.

http://www.sophiahi.com/meet-the-team/dietrich-klinghardt-md-phd/

Dr K podcast

dr K patient:

Dr Ettinger (where Gesalt) based her theory on
Dr. Ettinger’s Biofilm Protocol for Lyme and Gut Pathogens
http://www.advancedhealing.com/biofilm-protocol-for-lyme-and-gut-pathogens/

Dr Jerry Tennant
Healing is Voltage
very knowledgable about the thyroid, notice how important HCl, sea salt and iodine are.
And Flouride displaces Iodine in the thyroid receptor and produces a "fake" T3 hormone
"Triiodothyronine (T3)

Remember that T3 is the active form of thyroid hormone so T4 must be converted to T3. This conversion requires iodine, selenium, zinc, iron, cortisol, progesterone, glutathione, and hydrogen peroxide (made from vitamin C). If one of these is missing or if the stressors mentioned above are present or if one is taking steroids, T4 is converted by the enzyme D3 into a fake hormone called Reverse T3 (RT3). RT3 has the ability to fit into the T3 receptor but will not work. It is like a key that fits into the lock but can’t turn the tumbler. It blocks real T3 from the receptor. Thus the more RT3 you have, the more hypothyroid you are.

Many cases of depression or bipolar disorder have a normal or low free-T3 (FT3) but an increase in RT3. The depression or bipolar disorder can often be corrected by decreasing the RT3 and/or increasing the T3.

One can often decrease the RT3 levels by supplementing the nutrients listed above. If increased RT3 levels are present, you must increase the amount of T3 given. Treating with only T4 doesn’t work."
https://www.tennantinstitute.us/thyroid-support
Best known for measuring 'voltage' within the body, increasing body's voltage, oxygen levels, energy medicine/treatments Biomodulator, hyperbaric oxygen chambers, book Healing is Voltage, curing himself from viral infection, reasoning from physics 1st principle as he found -50mV and "raw materials" are needed to make new cells and "L-form bacteria" in the blood stream that can only be seen through dark field microscope. Interesting note is that L-form bacteria have no cell walls and are resistant to antibiotics. The bacterium borrelia has morphologic variants of "known variably as "cyst forms" and "L-forms,"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24336823
L-forms can cross
"From a historical perspective, intriguing assumptions about unknown "live units" in human blood have attracted the attention of researchers, reflecting their desire to define a new class of microorganisms. Thus, the concept of "blood microbiota" brings about many questions about the nature, origin, and biological significance of the "unusual microbial cohabitants" in human blood. "
"Recently, we reported that bacterial L-forms persist in the human blood and that filterable, self-replicating bodies with a virus-like size of 100 nm are able to cross the maternal-fetal barrier by vertically transmitted pathway, then enter fetus blood circulation and colonize newborns. "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28715646

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_k1BNenl_c

Find a functional doctor and screen them, interview and research on what they do, time and especially costs. Unfortunately these treatments, tests are Out of Pocket.

I would go to Dr K, Liu or Klinghardt if I could.

https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/

Do a search; yelp, google, ask others on forums or FB, etc.
TLDR:
Focus on the spiritual health and what you put into the mind which affects what you think, say and do. This manifests physically. "Spirit is life, Mind is the builder and Physical is the result" - Edgar cayce. I never realized or took this in consideration because I was so negative, inflammed, angry and simply "not into it". The consequences of what we think, say and what goes into our mind. That is what I never understood and I was doing myself harm. Join a community, church and set your foundation on something that helps you. Be a good person.

Listen to your doctor, take the medications so you can live. Get an education or be independent.

For leaky gut. Consider an elimination diet and adding fermented foods if case is not severe.

If you severely ill, leaky gut, infections;

1. heavily consider diet changes elimination, ketogenic + autoimmune paleo diet. Steam or bake vegetable if you have IBS SIBO and gas from fermentation. Choose supplements and probiotics wisely. Prescript assist is the best that I have tried. Zinc, biotin, p5p r2p, magnesium and lots of water; salt water. Himalayan salt.

2. try to do the protocol that I outlined and other recommendation that I was on under supervision of a doctor / practitioner. 4Rs protocol is similar but I like the one outlined. Do not take resistant starches.

3. Order Organic acids test from Great Plains Laboratory, CDSA from Doctor’s data, Biohealth#H for H pylori, heavy metal test from Doctor’s data

4. Put positivity in, be around positive people or people in general. Iron sharpens iron. Two is better than one; if one is alone they are easily lead to destruction because no one points out their faults/failures.

5. Love, forgive and be mindful of what you think, say, and do. Even what you say or think about yourself. Detach from the world as much as possible and reason by truth (do not compare yourself to people).

Last edited:
I've been on a me to diet for a few weeks and my stomach has been absolutely killing me. Aside from getting more fiber, anybody have any suggestions?

i've been going very low carb. just meat and veggies on top of my usual buttered coffee. add some quality whey protein shake to make up some calories. lots of greens and avocados if you can.

also just found out recently, eating carbohydrates lowers stomach acid production for digesting food. makes sense since carbs start getting digested in the mouth. alsom makes sense that the rest of your digestion suffers. so it's suggested to take some betaine hcl with your meals to aid in digestion if you are eating carbs or in general. there's a protocol to this though so might want to look that up.

so if i want to eat carbs, i try not to mix with proteins. eat my proteins and fats first and then have carbs a lil later in the meal.

algae/seaweed is amazing for digestion as well. should be a near everyday food imo haha trying to get into a habit of that.

Thanks for that. I figure I need to up my fiber intake. Was in pain last night. When I ate some leftover collard greens, I felt much better not to long after. I was thinking of probiotics as well because that's usually one solution listed

nice. i suggest start with one thing at a time. don't introduce too many variable or you won't know whats what. it's a lifelong process for sure

Hey bros. My daughter has been through a lot in her healing journey. Now were are embarking on another journey for healing to cure her of Asthma.
She developed Asthma when she was 4. She had sparatic episodes that we treated naturally. It wasn't until last year when we move to the country (and were around a lot of animals) where it got worse. We got her an inhaler and that would get her relief. Then last month, her inhaler stop providing her relief. She had become allergic to it. It caused her great pain in her whole body (joints), headaches, and continued Asthma attacks. We got prescriptions for stronger steroid inhalers, but the Dr. failed to recognize that it possessed ingredients my daughter was allergic to. Thanksfully my wife is vigilante about reading ingredients and saw it before we gave it to her. (We no longer use that Dr.) We were left tho feeling hopeless.There was an invisible bully choking my daughter 10 times a day and there was nothing I could see to do about it. I prayed hard for healing and wisdom and then that prayer was answered.

We reached out to some friends and they led us to one of their friends that had cured their daughter (who had a less severe case) of Asthma.
They introduced us to the GAPS diet (Gut and Psychology Syndrome protocal). This thing cures ADD, Allergies, Auto Immune Diseases, Autism, and much more. (This blew my mind. Didn't know Austim was curable. Youtube GAPS diet and Autism, there are tons of testimonials). Its creator, Dr. Natasha Campbell Mcbride (whose child was Autistic) talks about its inception and the root cause it corrects. (There are more parts to this vid avail online)

Its a 6-step program where you eliminate all grains, wheat, potatoes, sugars (dysaccarides), baking and frying (initially), and you drink a lot of bone broth. The broths heals the holes made by bad gut bacteria (leaky gut) and you replenish with probiotics and you consume easily digestible foods allowing your body more energy and attention to focus on accelerated repair. What you can eat changes based on the stage your in.

We started GAPS on Feb 15. My daughters attack went from 8-10 a day before gaps to 1- 2 a day. As of today, Feb 24, she has not has any Asthma attacks in the past four days :D :D :D. Words can describe how I feel. We are all doing this as a family which is hard in the first couple stages, but we are seeing results. Im doing it to show support, plus it can only help me resolve any issues before the reveal themselves as symptoms. I feel it is my obligation as a human being to share any knowledge I have that can improve the quality of life of someone else, so I am compelled to pass this information on.

Starting my journey as soon as everything i bought arrives.

Bought some probiotics, kombucha, bone broth, glutamine, ZMA and quercetin.

I was going to get some hcl betaine and digestive enzymes but I'm not as comfortable supplementing them. I'll see if the other stuff works.

Also going to change my diet, cutting out a lot of the bad stuff and see where I get. Lots of good info in this thread.

Bone broths seem to be a good way to live life. Going to try to do more of that and eat rice. Not getting rid of rice yet lol

Made it myself. Easy for me as I'm Jamaican and we've been doing this for our soups forever, just never as broth only.
Ya dun kno!

Bone broths seem to be a good way to live life. Going to try to do more of that and eat rice. Not getting rid of rice yet lol
Haven't had rice for around 40 days now (after having it a min 5x per week), due to this Gaps protocol I'm on. I love rice, but I honestly don't miss is as much as I thought I would now. When I'm done with this plan, I will probably still eat this way. I just have sooo much more energy, its ridiculous. I do plan on having it on occasion, but it will no longer be a staple in my house.

Last edited:
Starting my journey as soon as everything i bought arrives.

Bought some probiotics, kombucha, bone broth, glutamine, ZMA and quercetin.

I was going to get some hcl betaine and digestive enzymes but I'm not as comfortable supplementing them. I'll see if the other stuff works.

Also going to change my diet, cutting out a lot of the bad stuff and see where I get. Lots of good info in this thread.
Which probiotic did you buy?

Made it myself. Easy for me as I'm Jamaican and we've been doing this for our soups forever, just never as broth only.

I thought to do the same but I realised that most of the meat I buy are boneless :lol:
I'll see how that concentrated stuff is. Just going to mix a spoonful of it with hot water and drink.

Which probiotic did you buy?

VSL 3
Will try it first but I'm opened to others if this doesn't work.

Avoid lectins and gluten. Consider Paleo or AIP and steer towards keto/low sugar until you have these issues. I'm doing 16:8 Intermediate fast s(16 of no eating/rest and 8 hour window). Stimulate the parasympathetic system (rest and digest).

HOW DO LECTINS ‘ATTACK’?
Well, lectins are like little barnacles that look for specific sugar molecules in our blood, the lining of our gut, and on our nerves. When they find a good spot to land, they cling to those cells, breaking down their ability to communicate with our immune systems.

lectin-attack.jpg

Then, they literally tear open little holes between the cells that line our intestines. This perforation is the cause of Leaky Gut Syndrome, which we’re learning can cause a great deal of unpleasant symptoms and autoimmune issues or symptoms similar to those of food poisoning.2

So, you can see, these plants are literally declaring war on our bodies – dropping little bombs that wreak havoc on our intestines and immune systems. In fact, some lectins can actually paralyze certain bugs. So, clearly their defensive operations are working."

"
But, because plants were around long before we were, they’ve been able to evolve and create effective ways to be defensive. Now, you’ve read it here before, but the primary defense most plants have against predators like us are a group of proteins called lectins.

Turns out, lectins are specifically designed to protect the plants in which they’re found from those of us who want to mess with them or eat them. And, frankly, research seems to prove time and time again that some of these plant defense mechanisms – like the lectins found in beans, for example – are at the root of causing many of our diseases and physiological discomforts like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.1"

https://gundrymd.com/reduce-lectins-diet/
https://gundrymd.com/plant-paradox-cleanse/
https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/elimination-diet-safest-foods-people-sensitive-everything/

"Lectins are a large class of carbohydrate-binding proteins found in all forms of life, including the human body. Many types of receptors embedded in the cells in our bodies are lectins. A group of proteins essential to our innate immune systems, called complement proteins (because they “complement” the activities of inflammatory cells by providing a rudimentary targeting mechanism for this otherwise non-specific part of the immune system), are lectins. This is why labeling a food as “full of lectins” is inaccurate and the type of phrase that opens up the Paleo diet to (valid) criticism."

"There are really just two classes of lectins that are known to be problematic for human health and have the above properties. The first are called prolamins (gluten is an example of a prolamin), so called because of their rich proline (an amino acid) content. The second are called agglutinins (wheat germs agglutinin, kidney bean lectin, and soy lectin are examples of agglutinins), so called because of their strong ability to agglutinate (or make clump together) red blood cells (they also happen to be rich in proline)."

https://www.thepaleomom.com/lectins-bad/

Last edited:
Saw this thread a while, was going to respond but did not know how to respond. Have been severely ill for two decades plus and I doubt people needed to do what I did. A lot of good information and tips. This is just opinion, not a doctor so consult one and do it as you feel is right. These are my experiences. Still have a lot to learn but time, stress (emotional) is getting the best out of me at the moment as it had for a long time. Not proofreading anything.

If you are sick, Just take any medications to reduce symptoms from your doctor. (cosentyx, stelara, enbrel, taltz ). listen to your doctor for your health and enjoy life. life is short. say thankful to other people especially your family, be thankful. thank God if you believe. Life is short and enjoy it, live and prosper. Beginning to think the mind and the spirit has much to do with health than physical. Could not understand why I was so tired, out of breathe and had headaches/’brain fog’ upon waking up. Anyways, Leaky gut or the medical term ‘intestinal permeability’ has 13000 entries found on pubmed; there is a journal from 1955 about I.P. and eczema (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13242002) and many other journals. Doctors MDs do not talk (listen to this interview with Dr Jerry Tennant at the 4:00 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_k1BNenl_c), will acknowledge this condition. Some do not know despite it being published, cited in medical journals and treated by holistic doctors. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

GI system is considered the second brain.

"Technically known as the enteric nervous system, the second brain consists of sheaths of neurons embedded in the walls of the long tube of our gut, or alimentary canal, which measures about nine meters end to end from the esophagus to the anus. The second brain contains some 100 million neurons, more than in either the spinal cord or the peripheral nervous system, Gershon says."
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/gut-second-brain/

The Gut-Brain Axis: The Missing Link in Depression
Abstract:
" Based on evidence, the gut microbiota is associated with metabolic disorders such as obesity, diabetes mellitus and neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, autistic disorders, anxiety disorders and major depressive disorders. In the past few years, neuroscientific research has shown the importance of the microbiota in the development of brain systems. "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4662178/

Stress & the gut-brain axis: Regulation by the microbiome

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352289516300509
"Diet is one of the most important modifying factors of the microbiota-gut-brain axis. The routes of communication between the microbiota and brain are slowly being unravelled, and include the vagus nerve, gut hormone signaling, the immune system, tryptophan metabolism, and microbial metabolites such as short chain fatty acids."

Anyone see an alternative / holistic practitioner for intestinal permeability/leaky gut ?
GI infections, autoimmune and "allergies"?
Get lab tests, do a treatment and try to do a baseline and after tests after months of treating?

From my own experiences, labs and what I can consume, eat; there are underlying issues like candida, bacterial imbalances and parasites that caused my autoimmune to worsen along with emotional stress, leaky gut. Antibiotics plus Standard American Diet SAD ruined my GI health and overall health; severe psoriasis, arthritis, hormonal imbalances, hypothryoid, high cortisol even upon waking, lack of sleep adding onto the already developed depression and anxiety. No one told me that it was 'leaky gut' or infections that were the root causes of my 'autoimmune or so called allergies. Doubt people knew or wanted to try. On curezone, there were bloggers who wrote about l.g. protocols but I was not “online” searching. I picked up a book based on Edgar Cayce that talked about L.g. infectons and acid-alkaline. In fact, my long term dermatologist that I still see now for 20+ years told me when I was in early teens that diet does not matter & there was no cure.. That always stuck out to me then and psychologically I was depressed. I had to figure it out/get a strong will or quit. Did the later. Along with no friends, guidance and knowledge, discernment.

No one told me about the side effects of antibiotics circa late 90s or how the negativity can consume a person into creating a host of other problems. Feeding the already complex problems in auto immune, depression, anxiety, fear. No one told me how to filter out negativity and how to ground myself because my foundation was trying to compare myself to my peers, classmates or wanting acceptance. Too much anger and pride from incidents, not hearing what I wanted to hear from my doctor or dad on “cures” treatments. It was my responsibility to do that from an early age. I just believed in predestination and this is who I would always become. Getting affirmation from other people with no knowledge or faith.
Antibiotics-Microbiome-Wired-Resistant-Starch.jpg

Intestinal-Microflora-Resistant-Starch.jpg

The mind, psychological processes, spiritual life, being in a community, digestion and GI health were so vital to my physical health. I was incredibly stressed out, lacked concentration which did affect my mind also stomach acid, enzymes, rest (parasympathic system and vagus nerve). So in the late 00s, I read the book Healing Psoriasis: the Natural Alternative by John Pagano who retrieve his regimen after Edgar Cayce. It is funny that as early 1900s, Cayce as he went into his sleeping trances /Askashic records was about to pinpoint that psoriasis (like automimmune diseases) is from thining of the intestinal lining of upper SI "particularly in the area of the upper small intestine between the duodenum and the jejunum. According to the readings, substances can "leak" out of the intestine and be picked up by blood and lymph circulation."

Per Pagano book and Cayce mentions being ‘mindful’, acid & alkaline, fungal, bacterial infections, liver health, eliminating toxins through the lymphatic, colonics how to cure leaky gut and get rid of infections as early as 1990s. The treatment were so outdated due to Cayce’s time period. Being mindful of what one said, did, thought (which I did not get then and later), Slippery elm, saffron bark, massages, lower vertebrae alignment, acid-alkaline, enemas and diet (eating less red meat and more vegetables). Would think that if Cayce were alive today, his regimen would be very effective and incorporate what doctors, practitioners are doing now and more. natural anti microbials (herbal teas, tinctures), biofilm disrupters, Fermented foods, l-glutamine, probiotics especially SBOs prescript assist, antibiotics (?) and heavy metals chelation?

Hippocrates knew what food does Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food? - Hippocrates

While I suggest allopathic medicine, there is not any or very little emphasis on the spiritual life, mind, being with people and not alone and nutrition. Was accustomed to Symptom relief and brief meetings. Would not get any answers to when I brought up my issues, shown them my functional lab tests or told them about my deep depression, fatigue and digestive issues.

Was on medication and saw people from UCSF, Stanford and my doctor and they were all helpful but not for me. I took Stelara in 14’ and was flaring up towards the end of 8 mos. At UCSF, the doctor there used and still uses geockerman which incorporates tar, saran wrapping, steroid, UVB light while staying there for 7hrs a day/5 days a week for 6 weeks. Costing 15k and I did that twice while being driven from the so. Bay to SF after dropping out of school because my entire body, limbs, torso, face, neck, scalp was covered. The dermatologist who oversaw that progam told me that I was the worse case circa 2007.

And that place were filled with people with severe psoriasis, mostly retired or people who stopped work. I could be barely get on my feet and psychologically defeated, spiritually dead, alone. Did not take matters into my own hands and Google or get in contact with people at curezone or look into stress relief, grounding myself, accepting life and trying to prosper. I thought the people there were middle men and worked for pharmaceuticals; not caring about the well being for people like me. I wondered if they cared or care about losing their license. Basis were Profit driven and trying to they came into it to help possibly but eventually push what was out on the market. Biologics like Enbrel were not even available in my early teens; that is how I am.

Anyways, diet is significant for everyone especially me. Not everyone needs to be strict with it, of course. Likely, some people can avoid certain foods (elimination diet) like my family friend who has severe eczema. Staying active and not thinking too much has a lot to do with his clearance in my opinion (DJ, passion for music, BJJ, martial arts, being in a community).

But diets that I have tried in order; S.A.D., Cayce Diet/acid alkaline, Zone, raw juice/blending vegetables, fruits diet with no protein(one that helped me lose a lot of weight), acid alkaline, SCD, GAPS + Paleo for my GI infections, SCD, GAPS + AIP, low histamine, low lectin. Ketogenic, AIP. Ketogenic, intermediate fast + almost Paleo + fermented foods in water kefir. Last is what I am on now and consume a lot of coconut oil, coconut butter and intermediate fast. Allergy tests are not helpful in my case because of L.G.

Heard but not tried blood type diet, Dr Gundry diet and Dr Terry Wahls’ (person who cured themselves of MS) diet.

Knowledge is essential and it causes me and others to lose so much.. Being happy or the pursuit of happiness should be the primary reason for life I thought. But if the foundation or definition of happiness is what others are doing, materialism, what this world offers on the outside; I assume people will be like me and never be happy. Ironically, I joined NT for that and pursuing what I thought was being happy. I was also bored.

I simply did not have it, the foundation, knowledge and information in any facets of life. What fellowship or a community does is help you see things, see life for what it is; a test in my opinion where we passing by. Life is a battle and giving up is what I did, wanted and sought for but felt I could be in position worse, far worse than what I experience, others are Or that I could come back. I wanted to figure it out and learn. But my lack of knowledge, discernment and foundation were not there. I still do not know a lot about life, health but it is far better than what I knew two decads ago or even last year. Experience is the greatest teacher. Another cliché that rings true.

Alternative treatments, practitioners, health blogs, diet were simply not readily available when I was younger. When little was available via pubmed, CZ, being in the area; it was my fault yes, but lack of technology, forums, people using the studies on pubmed for their own practices, practitioners, patients practicing and doing it were not available as much. It was allopathic medicice, salt baths (which is very helpful), steroidal creams, gockerman treatment and eating S.A.D. from youth age 5 and all my teens going into ~22. I took antibiotics and had surgery which caused equilibrium to be disrupted, emotional, physical stress and I did not believe in anything let alone myself. After what I saw, felt, experience, heard and was told; I became bad to put it simply. I was done and wanted out. avoided anything spiritual because I blamed, thought my issues were more physical, mental than spiritual. If I got everything in control physically, everything will follow even new friends. I was not a good person and my foundation were rooted in the world and myself, others, ‘healers’ doctors. I looked up to my dad, doctors and healers for help. I was attached to materialism as I got more depressed and compared myself to others. Elon Musk said it best that people need to think by 1st principle and not through analogy; comparing themselves to other people. What are the truths, fundamental truths and how to reason or build up from those truths. Re Health; What do you know is true and is causing your “problems”? How do you fix it? Obviously, I always knew we are differently but I still compared and was seclusive, depressed beyond any comprehension and my anger, resentment towards everything, everyone,self as well as self pity rose so much that I practically quit and fed the problems by being ignorant and courage, will and knowledge. No discernment, direction, guidance, blamed and had circumstances that did influence me a lot, mold me and use it as an excuse.

Knowledge was and always the key to understand life and getting out of here. Hosea 4:6

Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul. - Plato

Food and food for the soul were just one of the very important facets to how we turn out. Food or plants for example and their properties, effects are what some drugs, medicine today are made to try to do.

Food can either harm or cause harm, literally feed the problem in sugar for ex., be broken down in sugar. The fiber in food will be fermented furthermore or food can be used to starve, eradicate and lessen. Found out that ketogenic diet makes the most sense while avoiding sugar of any forms even in fructose/fruits. As I said, I do not know everything, not a doctor and do it as you feel is right.

About me:

I have had psoriasis since I was 5 but my first severe psoriasis break out occurred after surgery, getting antibiotics and the stress, even emotional stress and anxiety from psoriasis. I had dysbiosis and candida overgrowth. Ate take out, carb/ rich foods or Italian foods. Never recovered since as I did not research enough about alternative but listened to my long term doctor who said that diet does not matter, no cure circa late 90s. Full blown depression, anxiety, fear and no confidence. The mind is the first thing that becomes afflicted. I kept eating comfort food because i was depressed and always felt hungry even after eating. candida, bacterial and parasite overgrowth with intensive leaky gut. Did a 200 food allergy test where nearly 180 foods came positive as ‘sensitive’/be avoided. These tests plus the blood, urine leaky gut, SIBO tests were a waste of money. My Dr. stated, if there are tests that would not change how you approach treatment, outlook or see yourself; do not even do it. Assume the obvious. Rather get a blood panel, DD CDSA, Biohealth#H, great plains organic acids test and Dr Data heavy metal hair test.

Imo, people are very ill, people should focus on the diet, the infections, digestion, heavy metals and dental work (root canals) before trying to heal their leaky gut. The supplements, vitamins, mineral, probiotics, fermented foods just pass on through, not absorbed with things adhereing to the wall. Bacteria from probiotics and fermented foods lessen inflammation, infection but if you have SIBO then it could worsen. Prescript Assist, SBOs is what I would supplement with as the bacteria in SBOs have anti bacterial effect (bacteria fighting other bacteria). I always thought S. Boulardii would be good for candida, tried it but Dr Liu states otherwise.

Those stool and urine (OAT from great plains) can pinpoint and identify how severe your dysbiosis. The OAT test from great plains is better than other OAT from other companies because it measures oxalates. Oxalates is in food but yeast(candida) causes elevation. I was on a low oxalate diet for this and supplemented p5p (b6). I tried to order a probiotic overseas which contained a bacterium OXALOBACTER FORMIGENES that degrades oxalates locally in the GI. https://www.netmeds.com/prescriptions/oxalobact-capsule-10-s
Ended making some foreigner $100~ richer through western union and never heard of them again. Citrate (Mg citrate preferably) reduces absorption of oxalates. Supplement that when eating foods rich in oxalates.

“Food is a direct source of oxalate and the most common cause of disproportionately elevated oxalates. Yeast is contributing to the oxalates in this scenario but is not likely to be the only cause of the elevation. Patients like these should introduce calcium and magnesium supplementation with meals to help bind up excessive oxalates in the food (so they can be eliminated in stool). “

11407-fc1f31524edcb4d6f547334aa3b12af5.jpg

See post #21 for the diagram and pathway

Anyways when SIBO were present, I could not even eat fiber rich foods without being constipated and feeling worse as bacteria were fermenting. Blended vegetables, raw garlic, raw vegetables etc. Had to steam or bake my vegetables which then it becomes void of nutrition sometimes. If I could do it over again, I would go ketogenic and use E.V. coconut oil and artisana coconut butter but be very careful in how much to consume. Natural anti fungal and anti bacterial properties in raw garlic, coconut oil gave me issues at first because of the die off.
Would not blend vegetables, fibrous foods if you have severe SIBO and dysbiosis or IBS. Cook foods at first until IBS symptoms becomes tolerable. constipation is horrible with SIBO. But what was unusual was after arthritic (first case of arthritis and it was so severe afflicting all of my key joints) and psoriasis flare up, a doctor suggested that I do a 21 day cleanse kit (high fiber, where I ate no protein) and it alleviated most of my symptoms oddly enough. He was the one who mentioned that most of my supplements were useless and not even absorbed because the intestinal lining had too much attached to the intestinal walls like biofilms. Most of those nutrional supplements may be useless or marginal helpful anyways. Also suggested enzyme + Betaine Hcl, bile acids and Okra pepsin. He was right in that after years of discomfort time and thousands of dollars spent; most of the supplements had no effect and were addressing the root problem. The inflammation was so intense and the problem was, is the infections and food. Stopping the cycle of inflammation and using biologics for my symptoms should have been my treatment of choice. The supplement with L-glutamine, pre, probiotics in water kefir or other foods.

It just appeared logical in my opinion to stop feeding the infections with antimicrobials, no sugar, carbs, go on a high fat diet with steamed/baked vegetables. Regarding diets; Imo, if case is severe; go on an elimination diet (no dairy, egg whites, wheat, nuts, seeds and whatever you can not eat basically Auto immune Paleo), Ketogenic, intermediate fast, take coconut oil, raw coconut butter for energy/anti-microbial properties, get rid of the infection gently with anti-microbials supplements, teas (pau d arco), tinctures, biofilm disrupters i.e. proteolytic enzymes, supplement for die off/herxheimer i.e. betonite clay and activated charcoal. Take something to flush the GI in water, Mg oxide, glycinate, citrate (magnesium which a lot of people are deficient in), lots of water or even brine therapy with himalayan salt. Consider low oxalate, histamine, lectin and steaming, baking vegetables. Protein is hard to digest so supplement with betaine Hcl and enzymes. Consult a Dr or practitioner... Abx, ironically can get rid of parasitic, candida and bacterial overgrowth quickly. It is a treatment of choice for some SIBO doctors like Dr. Siebecker with supervision (though some people had trouble with Fluoroquinolones). Cipro gave someone who only had arthritis. It is classified as a chemotherapeutic drug. Consider stress reduction, fellowship, spiritual retreats, renewing of the mind, being around people, positive music..,vitamin D, sunlight, epsom salt bath, coconut oil and sleep are obviously important.

What I never realized or put more onus enough is the spiritual side of health. As well as meeting other people who need help, especially people with the same problems or joining a church/fellowship. Focus was always what I was experiencing and the problems increased. If I had to focus on one thing, it would be to ignore the problems and do something for my spiritual life/growth by being around people who are like minded and knowledgeable spiritually. Why are we here? What is the point of living? Good and evil exists.

Not religious or want to make it like seem like I am but fellowship, non-denominational churches and positive emotions; love, patience, humble and forgiving people to move forward, forget and also what I would do first before any diets, treatment or medications. Foundation should have been on faith because I believe that we are passing by and have to learn something. Fellowship or being a community helps someone grow fast.

Would do something for spiritual life and fellowship at the same time than anything. Rather understand what life is about, the nature of good and evil, God even, what spiritual strong people believe in, were doing and everything that a person should do to be a 'good' person. Good and being happy are all relative. Figure out why you or think the way you do. Reflect and meditate on it. I’ve been on the pursuit of happiness but was never happy or happy because of the obvious illnesses, infections that plagued me but I was never was content. The mind was where I struggled the most. It needs constant renewal and what you think, say does have consequences. You want to curse yourself; say 'I am sick' or 'i am depressed'. Then dwell on your problems, put negative thoughts, have negative emotions; it can become a reality. That is what I never understood because I was so inflammed and had all these infections (have yet to test for lyme disease, borrelia, co infections after my arthritic break out), in discomfort, confused, lost and did not know how to live. Not forgive.

The mind is where the battle takes place and what you say becomes real; curses. Once that is controlled, everything falls in line and easy to control. Fear, anxiety, rejection, unworthy and depression. Confidence dwindled and fear overbearing. pride is the opposite of love, in my opinion. People will never be transformed without getting rid of shame and guilt. Just the thought of accepting people, yourself and the world (what it is built on) for what they are. I wanted to detach and considered money evil; people are evil and love of money is evil. I wanted out of here and thought the world was backwards. I became too negative and my beliefs were backwards as well. Never understood how to balance or got over what I was told, had to do (diet does not matter, goeckerman or what my dad said; had to do it alone). And the food; nearly every food out in the isles are not healthy or consider eating. Not going into other areas. I questioned free will and thought we are predestined for what we became. Being sick since I was five and seeing a detoriation of my mind and body. As a young teen, I accepted that this my life and I could no longer change it even got affirmation from my doctor who i still see now and my dad, "do not complain, just deal with it", incidents. Fear was never worth it, worth worrying about, people, myself because we all had to do it differently and had differences. It was not worth it. Better going on biologics and getting a B.S. or BA. Was not introverted and people like me lived by themselves despite living with people; you can obviously live with people but still have little relationship. Do something for spiritual, as we are likely more spiritual than physical, passing by and leave everything behind. Fellowship, joining a church or meditating on something positive; for affirmation are helpful. Do not want to get religious as that is divisive in itself like everything I see on the news but do it for your good. The foundation of a person should be rooted on good, positive and the truth. There are very little I like about this world, how it operates and we all lived through, saw, heard something we do not like. Fear and anxiety from diseases. Diseases are curses and causes negativity. it was best to ignore everything, everyone and surround yourself with people who need help, spiritually strong and like minded. People who want the best out of you to tell you something you do not want to hear. And saying ‘no’ is ok as in my position; I have gotten in the habit of doing everything what people want for gain of acceptence. Just humbly say no. It is better to be in a community working on a goal than trying to figure it out alone. What was the point of even thinking of life doing it alone? Someone sees what you are doing that is wrong or vice versa; they will point it out or you will. If I could do or say anything to myself long ago is; be good first and foremost. Get an education, independence and find my own way. Because people will never agree, are equally yoked and surround myself with positive influences including what I listen to musically, watch and read. Everything that is processed in the mind has to be checked. Throw out anything negative but I dwelled on it because I Felt it, experienced and lived. I regrettably never forgave, accused and never let of the past or present. I rather be a good person than anything, have a clear mind and positive outlook on myself, life. accept people, myself, life and the world as what it is. Always was looking for blame, reasons, resented over the fact that I was different, did not look the part or accepted and fed (to even create) my own problems like what carbohydrates were doing for my infections; feeding them.

Detaching from the world and seeing the world as a test, a challenging test if done alone. while falling into snares, evil, negativity. I'm on NT because of materialism and I am bored; maybe i am curious. But materialism is obviously the reason why I registered for this site. Always wanted to detach but never saw any “way” that I liked because I thought I was pre-destined, doomed had no free will and have to do it over again because I never learned. There were events in our lives that are tragic, tragedies after tragedies and difficult to make sense of. Difficult to make sense of. Life is a battle. The mind is powerful as is the words which give problems life. Can use the mind, words for something positive; create a new reality. Always believing in helping myself before helping others or wanting to physically heal, do something that is enjoyable, have success so everything else will follow suit including my mind social and spiritual life.

Anyways, Leaky gut has been known since the 20th century thanks to Edgar Cayce.

"Here is an exemplary excerpt from the Cayce readings on psoriasis, which describes the intestinal pathology and the treatments to heal it.

"Q.Please give me the cause and cure for the so-called psoriasis with which I am troubled.
"A.The cause is the thinning of the walls of the intestinal system, which allows the escaping of poisons - or the absorption of same by the muco-membranes which surround same, and becomes effective in the irritation through the lymph and emunctory reactions in the body.
"An effective cure for same is first being mindful of the diet, during the periods when these necessary elements would be given for creating those activities within the system to close such conditions:
"In the system we would use elm water and saffron water.These would be taken in the ordinary drinking water, during periods of one, two to three weeks at a time.All the drinking water, carrying, then, either a small quantity of elm or the Saffron.For this adds to the assimilating system those properties that become effective to the aiding of building within the system itself those conditions that will overcome such activities in the system.
"The diet during such periods should be more of vegetables than of meats or sweets, so that there are those reactions that make for better unification in the membranes' reaction within the body."(289-1)"

https://www.edgarcayce.org/the-read...listic-health-database/overview-of-psoriasis/

For resources on health. SIBO, Dybiosis, candida overgrowth and l.g.:

(Disclaimer; consult your doctor or a practitioner. Also, do not take resistant starches.)

Grace Liu

https://thegutinstitute.com/cure-sibo

https://thegutinstitute.com//2013/1...gs-7-steps-paleo-gastro-iq-sibo-protocol.html

The Bristal stool chart that was posted is a good indicator of GI health as well as frequency. I had IBS-C. I remember going on a 3.5 week trip overseas in a third world Asian country and went to do the #2 once in 2 weeks and came back to California with a severe flare up of psoriasis. Eventually dropped out of HS. I thought it was nothing then but would not rule out parasites. Nothing shocks me these days, even ‘faith healers’ which I did see there and throughout my life because of being my dad, being desperate and wanting to better my health.

Read through the CFS forums (forums for those with CFS/ME)and use the searchbar as you would in pubmed for what you want to know. I learned a lot about my GI issues from that site. 3 users made a write up for candida, SIBO and leaky gut.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php

Ken Larrisen had CFS and got rid of his with antimicrobials, probiotics. He created a list of antimicrobials rating the effectiveness.

https://cfsremission.com/treatment/antibacterial-herbs-for-cfs/

another useful thread on oxalate dumping in relation to candida and lack of the active form of b6, p5p.

Treatment:
Change the terrain of the GI using a protocol written by "gesalt' or Dr Ettinger. 4R's is a similar treatment of choice.
I did a protocol similar to Ken’s and the one below for 3 months. It was a miserable experience because of the herx/die off. it was proteolytic enzymes and the Bacilus probiotics that I was given.

A good write up of the protocol:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/candida-biofilms-theory-protocol.25472/

1. Detach Matrix/biofilms with proteolytic enzymes 2. Use anti-microbials in combination 3. Clean up to reduce herx-heimer/die off with betonite clay (edible obviously) and activated charcoal

4. reinoculate with probiotics, prebiotics and fermented foods

Prescript assist is the best probiotic that I have tried. Use it in conjunction with the protocol but take it away from antimicrobials. It is a soil based organisms and the bacteria (Bacillus) secretes peptides that are microbial peptides so you fight bacteria, yeast overgrowth with bacteria. This is the best probiotic in my opinion. Second would be Grace Liu’s histamine, lactate free probiotic.

Avoid VSL3 which I have tried has streptocci and people may not tolerate lactate.

to repair leaky gut:
Add zinc. People are likely low in zinc and high in copper. as a side note; There is a doctor who studies people with psychological issues, criminals and found that most of them are high in copper/copper toxcity and low in zinc. Zinc and copper are antagonists of each other.

I would add Jarrow’s pharmaceutical grade L-glutamine. 20-25 g/day.
Fermented kefir, prescript assist
Eat more protein (wild caught salmon) with enzymes, hcl to help digest.

Add protein powder in great lakes Collagen.
Restore
Amazon product ASIN B01DVACBIOMake your own Water kefir (culturesforhealth).
sea salt, Mg, CLO, p5p, r5p, vit D, biotin

There is a protocol also known as the 4Rs (remove, replace, reinoculate repair) which has similar ideas to what I just mentioned.
4RS:
http://www.chopra.com/articles/heal-your-gut-with-the-4r-program#sm.0001otnfjvyjwfic10z0snzw11ji8

https://www.amymyersmd.com/2013/01/heal-your-gut-heal-yourself/

Under my doctor MD, I had to order a Stool test Doctor’s Data CDSA, Organic acids tests Great Plains laboratory, Biohealth#H and a normal blood panel for CBC, thyroid, liver, kidney function. Did this before the treatment for the baseline then do it again afterwards. As well as order labs for heavy metals, methylation from HRI, hormonal urine test, SIBO breathe test and 23andme genetic testing. I think the blood panel, two stool test and OAT from great plains is enough.

I had overgrowth of candida, streptococci, Staph. Aureus, Klebisella and undergrowth of Bifido. Also parasite, cyst and undergrowth of other bacterial species.

No growth of E. Coli (yes, even some are found in healthy people) and no growth of Acidophilus.

You can order these tests through Grace Liu’s online ‘shop’ or labtestsplus.com. Consider ordering Dr Data heavy metal hair test for mercury and lead alone. Half life of lead is long but mercury interferes with detoxification (methylation). It is odd that organomercury is in vaccines.

Would not order SIBO breathe, leaky gut urine or blood test, allergy test, hormonal urine test, methylation pathway panel (functional), nagalase (http://www.hdri-usa.com/tests/) unless you have the money for it.
Side note: nagalase is an enzyme made from cancer cells that afflicts macrophages.
role of macrophages "Macrophages employ a range of strategies to phagocytose and kill each pathogen. When the macrophages capacity to clear bacteria is overwhelmed macrophages play important roles in orchestrating the inflammatory response through pattern recognition receptor-mediated responses. Macrophages also ensure the inflammatory response is tightly constrained, to avoid tissue damage, and play an important role in downregulating the inflammatory response once initial bacterial replication is controlled."
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0065291114000058
You can actually measure nagalase from HDRI laboratory.
Anyways, regarding these tests. These issues are secondary and thus can be ordered later or even now if you finances permit. Unless you suspect and/or autistic children; the methylation, nagalase and heavy metal test may be useful. JMO.
Just figured that if one is ill, have autoimmune, ‘allergies’ that you have methylation blockage, SIBO, leaky gut and hormonal imbalances. Proteins from undigested foods, byproducts of the overgrowth i.e. endotoxins will pass through the GI. It is an endless cycle if you do not identify and figure out what problems you have. Imo, it is important to stop the cycle of inflammation through diet + supplements and get symptom relief so you can live your life without pain, discomfort through allopathic medicine. Sugar drives the cycle of inflammation.

In addition to that protocol; I would add a ketogenic diet elimination diet, low histamine (no fermented foods until dysbiosis is fixed) + AIP if your condition is severe. Keto basically eliminates lectin foods.

I wonder if people would be fine with just a paleo + elimination diet. you should know what foods are good or bad for you.

Avoid Sugar of any form, whether natural in fructose, honey or sugar called by different names.

Consume a lot of EV Coconut oil and raw Artisana coconut butter if tolerated but eat more as you can tolerate more.

Some of this has been suggested but for nutritional supplements; biotin in high doses is good (it helps the skin but also prevent candida from being virulent). As is p5p, r5p; get the active forms of b vitamins. Consume sea salt, magnesium in magnesium glycinate, citrate, etc. For digestion take, Betaine Hcl + enzymes. I would put more emphasis on diet and reducing ‘offending’ foods (most commonly egg whites, dairy, red meat, grains, nuts and seeds).

Get sunlight and consume Himalayan salt. Brine therapy, as nasty as it sounds is beneficial.

Add Soil based probiotics (soil based organisms SBOs) like Prescript Assist.
Amazon product ASIN B00JB2GOFIPrescript Asssist is the best probiotic that I have tried. And I have tried VSL#3 but according toDr Liu, the streptococci should be avoided.

Speaking of which, her probiotic is histamine and lactate free is a good to start out with especially those who are sensitive. Rather use Prescript assist. her probiotic is fine.

The main thing to consider is uprooting the “bad” (biofilms, bacteria, overgrowth of yeast and parasites) so you can seal the GI, plant beneficial bacteria.

Changing the terrain of the SI which could take a very long time.

The use of antibiotics for candida, parasites and bacterial overgrowth is something that you should talk to your doctor along with everything that I said.
You risk the chances of sterilizing the body too much, relying on them and I have seen people on FB, forums that get them for infections and gotten negative reaction. For example, ciprofloxacin, belonging to a class of fluoroquinolone . Abx is effective in destroying diversity as it did to me when I first got my severe break out. I did not “reinoculate” with beneficial bacteria nor did I eat a good diet. They are effective and I used amoxicillin which reduced my SIBO as symptoms like lesions reduced.

Get rid of dental carries, biofilms as much as you can and remove teeth with root canals (they are toxic). Read Weston A. Price.

21 day– Cleanse from Standard Process recommended by my doctor has helped clear my psoriasis. Did not eat fat, protein and juiced fast for 21 days. Amazon product ASIN B00IIVIVOA
Re: Lyme disease & co – infections Borrelia Bartonella if you suspect (as do i as I had an arthritic breakout in 12’);

Consult a LLMD i.e. Dr Kogelnik and his team at Open Medicine Institute, OMI in Mountain View, Ca. Their clinic is also well known for being a site to draw blood for those in the Bay Area.

Diet:
Ketogenic Diet, low histamine, lectin and AIP is a good starting diet for those who are very ill, have GI issues and infections. I assume people can get away with avoiding certain foods like my family friend who had eczema.

Eat organic and avoid GMOs (pesticides like glyphosate kills beneficial bacteria and this is in our food, crops).
Read about food combination. Eat fruit alone, before meals, etc.
Google ketogenic diet or read about ketogenic diets from Liu.

Auto Immune Paleo (AIP):

https://www.thepaleomom.com/start-here/the-autoimmune-protocol/

Low lectin diets :
Lectins damages the gut lining causing L.G.
"Lectins can bind to the lining of the gut wall and make it leakier (R). Undigested lectins can enter the bloodstream (R)."
https://selfhacked.com/blog/deal-histamine/
https://selfhacked.com/blog/elimina...xecutive_Summary_of_the_Lectin_Avoidance_Diet

Cohen’s Selfhacked blog is very informative as well.

The acid-alkaline diet is probably good but I have not seen any practitioner who uses it or looked into studies. Most of the acidic foods are what I avoid anyways in animal meat, overconsumption of protein, grains, seeds, nuts, processed foods, sugar and stress. Alkaline foods, celtic, Himalayan salt or drinks are alkaline water (filtration system), vegetables, reducing stress (stress is acidic).

SCD, GAPS were created for dysbiosis, leaky gut but I find they still allow a lot of sugar. Vegetarian like acid-alkaline may be wise as protein (like wheat, grains, seeds, nuts) are very difficult to digest compared to carbs, fat.

People demonize fat AND salt like it is the worse thing you can consume when it is sugar that people should avoid. Sugar of any kind; fructose, corn syrups, honey, dextrose, fruit juices. table salt is bad. Himalayan, sea salt (celtic) is fine. Full of minerals. Fulvic acid is another good source of minerals.
Sugar feeds cancer cells and worsen these microbial overgrowth as sugar is their primary fuel source. Increases in sugar --> insulin which causes diseases and a cycle of inflammation. Sugar, carbohydrates, processed foods, fruit even except for coconut oil, avocado. ketogenic is used in Europe for cancer treatments and GI issues.

Research what is in vaccines (mercury, nagalase), flu shots. That is all I have to say about the matter.

Get those alkaline filtration systems for your family and even pets. I have a Kangen machine but there are plenty of cheaper alternative that are not MLM.

23andme and genetic genie methylation, detoxification profile is fine but focus on the root causes which are infection and cycle of inflammation.

Tried to reduce mast cell and thought i had MCAS (Mast Cell activation syndrome). Again, it stems from the GI and cycle.
6 Proven Diatomaceous Earth Uses and Benefits
https://draxe.com/diatomaceous-earth/

Activated betonite clay for endotoxins.

Low dose naltroxene is good and is used for SIBO as it aides peristalsis in the GI. Cannabidiol oil did not work for me.
Colonics, liver flushes (Andreas Mortiz), coffee enemas to flush the liver.
Infared saunas with low EMF.
Far infared mat
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011Q04ZVW/?tag=niketalk0e-20
Tried Colostrum for a while but did not react well to it.
"Faith healers" (this is another topic in itself, I have seen and put my faith in people far too much, from being naive to just willingly going to).
Have not tried this but GcMAF, GcMAF creams and "Bravo" yogurt.

Other practitioners:

Dr Diettrich Klinghardt

treats patients with a very similar protocol to what I already listed but uses abx, herbal tinctures for biofilms and focuses a lot on getting rid of heavy metals, detoxification. He states there is a direct connection between candida infestation with mercury. and by getting rid of heavy metals you can stop candida overgrowth. He uses chorella pyr. and cilantro. I tried it and felt it was fine for chelating. The worse experience from chelating was from DMSA.

http://www.sophiahi.com/meet-the-team/dietrich-klinghardt-md-phd/

Dr K podcast

dr K patient:

Dr Ettinger (where Gesalt) based her theory on
Dr. Ettinger’s Biofilm Protocol for Lyme and Gut Pathogens
http://www.advancedhealing.com/biofilm-protocol-for-lyme-and-gut-pathogens/

Dr Jerry Tennant
Healing is Voltage
very knowledgable about the thyroid, notice how important HCl, sea salt and iodine are.
And Flouride displaces Iodine in the thyroid receptor and produces a "fake" T3 hormone
"Triiodothyronine (T3)

Remember that T3 is the active form of thyroid hormone so T4 must be converted to T3. This conversion requires iodine, selenium, zinc, iron, cortisol, progesterone, glutathione, and hydrogen peroxide (made from vitamin C). If one of these is missing or if the stressors mentioned above are present or if one is taking steroids, T4 is converted by the enzyme D3 into a fake hormone called Reverse T3 (RT3). RT3 has the ability to fit into the T3 receptor but will not work. It is like a key that fits into the lock but can’t turn the tumbler. It blocks real T3 from the receptor. Thus the more RT3 you have, the more hypothyroid you are.

Many cases of depression or bipolar disorder have a normal or low free-T3 (FT3) but an increase in RT3. The depression or bipolar disorder can often be corrected by decreasing the RT3 and/or increasing the T3.

One can often decrease the RT3 levels by supplementing the nutrients listed above. If increased RT3 levels are present, you must increase the amount of T3 given. Treating with only T4 doesn’t work."
https://www.tennantinstitute.us/thyroid-support
Best known for measuring 'voltage' within the body, increasing body's voltage, oxygen levels, energy medicine/treatments Biomodulator, hyperbaric oxygen chambers, book Healing is Voltage, curing himself from viral infection, reasoning from physics 1st principle as he found -50mV and "raw materials" are needed to make new cells and "L-form bacteria" in the blood stream that can only be seen through dark field microscope. Interesting note is that L-form bacteria have no cell walls and are resistant to antibiotics. The bacterium borrelia has morphologic variants of "known variably as "cyst forms" and "L-forms,"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24336823
L-forms can cross
"From a historical perspective, intriguing assumptions about unknown "live units" in human blood have attracted the attention of researchers, reflecting their desire to define a new class of microorganisms. Thus, the concept of "blood microbiota" brings about many questions about the nature, origin, and biological significance of the "unusual microbial cohabitants" in human blood. "
"Recently, we reported that bacterial L-forms persist in the human blood and that filterable, self-replicating bodies with a virus-like size of 100 nm are able to cross the maternal-fetal barrier by vertically transmitted pathway, then enter fetus blood circulation and colonize newborns. "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28715646

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_k1BNenl_c

Find a functional doctor and screen them, interview and research on what they do, time and especially costs. Unfortunately these treatments, tests are Out of Pocket.

I would go to Dr K, Liu or Klinghardt if I could.

https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/

Do a search; yelp, google, ask others on forums or FB, etc.
TLDR:
Focus on the spiritual health and what you put into the mind which affects what you think, say and do. This manifests physically. "Spirit is life, Mind is the builder and Physical is the result" - Edgar cayce. I never realized or took this in consideration because I was so negative, inflammed, angry and simply "not into it". The consequences of what we think, say and what goes into our mind. That is what I never understood and I was doing myself harm. Join a community, church and set your foundation on something that helps you. Be a good person.

Listen to your doctor, take the medications so you can live. Get an education or be independent.

For leaky gut. Consider an elimination diet and adding fermented foods if case is not severe.

If you severely ill, leaky gut, infections;

1. heavily consider diet changes elimination, ketogenic + autoimmune paleo diet. Steam or bake vegetable if you have IBS SIBO and gas from fermentation. Choose supplements and probiotics wisely. Prescript assist is the best that I have tried. Zinc, biotin, p5p r2p, magnesium and lots of water; salt water. Himalayan salt.

2. try to do the protocol that I outlined and other recommendation that I was on under supervision of a doctor / practitioner. 4Rs protocol is similar but I like the one outlined. Do not take resistant starches.

3. Order Organic acids test from Great Plains Laboratory, CDSA from Doctor’s data, Biohealth#H for H pylori, heavy metal test from Doctor’s data

4. Put positivity in, be around positive people or people in general. Iron sharpens iron. Two is better than one; if one is alone they are easily lead to destruction because no one points out their faults/failures.

5. Love, forgive and be mindful of what you think, say, and do. Even what you say or think about yourself. Detach from the world as much as possible and reason by truth (do not compare yourself to people).

Thanks for taking the timeout to do this. This broke down a lot of information for me.

Been having trouble with stress, anxiety, and sleep lately. I've eaten like complete garbage these last few years and want to start doing undoing the damage I've done by getting my gut health in check, going to the gym, drinking more water. Planning on picking up some probiotics today. Want to start eating a loooottt more vegetables and cut down on the carbs. Wish me luck fellas

I recommend intermitten fasting for any one with digestion issues. It's really helped me a lot

Back
Top Bottom