Hip Hop Stories & Fables That Many Have Never Heard

A lot in here is stuff that was known to ME, but always fascinating to hear.

nah son, name names 
laugh.gif
Quincy jones
Dr Dre
Those I've heard of though. You can only speculate but I'd also add Clive Davis, and one of the obvious ones Russell Simmons. There's been "rumors" about him for years.

Wale was once recording in Florida and Tracy McGrady came in the session. Everyone in there, including wale looked at T Mac and said that he was at least 7'1.

Wale then posted his recount of the session on NT and this birth the legend of T Mac being 7'2 on NT.

Last edited:
Those I've heard of though. You can only speculate but I'd also add Clive Davis, and one of the obvious ones Russell Simmons. There's been "rumors" about him for years.

Does wisepharoah still post? He talked about a lot of this stuff. Basically everyone who's made it in Hollywood/music had to get down at some point or another. Of course everyone called him a liar and a conspiracy nut.

That was a great thread.

Last edited:
Most of these stories come from 90s I want hear about this new generation post 2003

Most of these stories come from 90s I want hear about this new generation post 2003

I had read somewhere that Wayne was down to his last 10 stacks before Carter 1 (I think) dropped.

Shea Davis threw his mother off a rooftop.

Last edited:
KB is Hav's brother and is dead. QB legend.

From what I remember about L is his brother was locked up, had beef with some cat. When the dude got out L went looking for him and got bodied. When his brother got out he went looking for the dude and got killed a block or two from where his brother got killed.

Does wisepharoah still post? He talked about a lot of this stuff. Basically everyone who's made it in Hollywood/music had to get down at some point or another. Of course everyone called him a liar and a conspiracy nut.

That was a great thread.
It was a great thread and I don't think he posts anymore. I think a lot of it's true to some degree though.

I remember one of my homies who's pops was a 5 per center and knew the wu said that when they light up the last one eats the roach

Here's a new one I learned today.

Remember the 'Party Like A Rock Star' track from the ringtone era? It was a huge hit, sold a bunch of ringtones and the label loved it. They saw potential in the group but in the middle of promo for the single, one of the guys decided he wanted to take a few days off for his birthday.

The label guy I was talking to said "that was it, we knew right then they didn't want it bad enough." They got dropped shortly after and no ones heard from Shop Boyz since.

Remember the 'Party Like A Rock Star' track from the ringtone era? It was a huge hit, sold a bunch of ringtones and the label loved it. They saw potential in the group but in the middle of promo for the single, one of the guys decided he wanted to take a few days off for his birthday.

The label guy I was talking to said "that was it, we knew right then they didn't want it bad enough." They got dropped shortly after and no ones heard from Shop Boyz since.

Daaamnnnnn they could've been big

Damn

The label guy was right though 
laugh.gif

I remember one of my homies who's pops was a 5 per center and knew the wu said that when they light up the last one eats the roach
Sounds about right

Meth was dusted on the "All I Need" set.
That's why he looked the way he did.
Son looked like he was in another galaxy :lol:

Ehhh, while I do believe the story, I truly believe that the label truthfully had no faith in them and saw them as a flash in the pan, kids with a hot single that they could make money off of for that period of time and saw no long term plan with those guys :lol:

Last edited:

I had friends in high school that did this **** at parties and called it "Wu-Tanging." Would basically inhale hard and the lit roach would go down. Had no clue the Clan actually did it though :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom