Hip Hop Stories & Fables That Many Have Never Heard

Ehhh, while I do believe the story, I truly believe that the label truthfully had no faith in them and saw them as a flash in the pan, kids with a hot single that they could make money off of for that period of time and saw no long term plan with those guys :lol:
That possible too especially when you consider how forgettable a lot of the hits from that era were. But even after you get signed to a major you still have to prove yourself...getting a hit and shooting to the top is relatively easy, staying on top is what most artists can't do.

Ehhh, while I do believe the story, I truly believe that the label truthfully had no faith in them and saw them as a flash in the pan, kids with a hot single that they could make money off of for that period of time and saw no long term plan with those guys
laugh.gif
That possible too especially when you consider how forgettable a lot of the hits from that era were. But even after you get signed to a major you still have to prove yourself...getting a hit and shooting to the top is relatively easy, staying on top is what most artists can't do.
One-hit wonders, basically.

social media has ****** up the game. everybody broadcast what they do nothing even has the chance to become a untold story.

Stanky leg, new boys, the pack, dorrough (sp?), swag surfin, we had a lot in the 2000s but man the clubs were on fire back then :pimp:

Quote:
Stanky leg, new boys, the pack, dorrough (sp?), swag surfin, we had a lot in the 2000s but man the clubs were on fire back then
pimp.gif
The 90s had a bunch of one-hit wonders. Skee-Lo, Positive K, Camp-Lo, Tag Team, Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz, Queen Pen and a bunch more that I don't feel like naming right now.

Method man on ODB and recording the "Raw Hide" track:

Method Man:
“In the early days, when we weren’t really popping off like that, I was always in the studio with RZA. So I used to be with RZA all the time after the album. I wasn’t trying to go on the block, that was a trap. So I used to take my little change and take the ferry.

“I caught the ‘Raw Hide’ joint and there was a couple other joints we did [that night]. There was a bunch of joints we did but I just wanted to spit on any joint that I liked. So it didn’t matter. If I was at the studio, I spit on it. If it worked, we kept it. That was usually everything I spit on.

“Dirty’s album came out after mine. But Dirty had gotten his deal before me, he just spent all his ******* money up. He spent all his money and bought this little piece-of-****-*** ******* car. [Laughs.] **** was horrible.

“Dirty was making his **** for damn near two years. His **** was taking long as ****. If you listen to the album, there was so much time in between songs, that the ***** repeated the same verse three times on the same album. Three times! [Laughs.]

“That’s proof right there that this ***** was working at a snail’s pace. There was so much time in between records that this ************ must have forgot, because RZA doesn’t let you hear ****. Once you leave the studio, you don’t hear it anymore.

“The majority of the verses on that album are old RZA rhymes and GZA rhymes. ‘Approach the school, 9:30, you’re late,’ that’s RZA’s ****, I heard that **** when I was 14 years old. That whole, ‘Easy on my balls, they’re fragile as eggs,’ ****** said that in a rap battle in ******* 1989.

“Dirty took all their **** and made it his own and GZA ain’t say ****. Most of [Dirty’s verses] was GZA’s ****. I remember GZA and ODB got in an argument one night and GZA was like, ‘***** most of that **** on your ******* album is mines anyway!’

“ODB wrote ‘Brooklyn Zoo’ though. I could go through the discography I could tell you which ones he wrote. Like ‘Dog ****’ on Wu-Tang Forever? The *******, ‘Calling me a dog/But leave a dog alone/Because nothing can stop me from burying my bones,’ I wrote that when I was 15 years old.

“The beginning of Ghostface’s verse on ‘Cherchez La Ghost,’ that’s my song ‘I Get Down For My Crown.’ I wrote that when I was 16. The first four bars, ‘Brothers try to pass me, but none could match me/No girl can freak me, I’m just too nasty,’ that’s ‘I Get Down For My Crown.’ Youtube it and you’ll find it because J-Love put all that **** up there."

Method Man on Foxy Brown and recording the Ill Na Na track

Method Man: “When they approached me with it and ****, I hadn’t met Foxy yet. I remember [Foxy’s brother] Gavin was playing that ‘I Shot Ya’ verse and I was like, ‘Wow. She sounds just like Rae.’ I was like, ‘Her voice is raw as ****.’

“When she got signed to Def Jam, love is love, they wanted me to come in and do a verse for her. I was like, ‘Okay, give me 25.’ That’s how much I got for the Biggie verse, $2,500. I didn’t know how to price my **** back then. I came in and did the hook. I said that ‘Dollar Dollar’ **** because I knew everyone would remember that **** from ‘C.R.E.A.M.’

“I got the check and I was like, ‘Oh ****. 25 Gs?’ I went and got a Rolex. For a while I was running around telling ******, ‘Yeah, Foxy bought me this Rolex.’ I had to stop that ****. People actually thought she went and bought me a ******* Rolex and ****. But it wasn’t a mistake. I look back in hindsight and I earned every penny of that ****. [Laughs] I was selling myself short.”

Last edited:
Coolie high and Luchini are both timeless classics. Makes you wanna drive around in an Acura Legend with the spring air going all in your nostrils

word...I saw coolie high for the first time back in December and it made me appreciate luchini alot more...for like 2 weeks straight I played that song atleas 3-4x a day

Coolie high and Luchini are both timeless classics. Makes you wanna drive around in an Acura Legend with the spring air going all in your nostrils
Jay Z the biter. Thats why big pun was about to fill this ***** up with mad hot lead

bruh i had no idea pun was that much of a goon

Acoording To Stevie J, Devante(Jodeci) Use to smack up Missy x Timbo x Ginuwine In The Studio...
That must be why Timbo hit the gym hard
laugh.gif
 I'd be demoralized if I got slapped up by an R&B cat.
laugh.gif
 them dudes had issues though.

That Method Man story....
eek.gif
. I didn't know that. He was my first favorite member of the Wu. He wrote them ***** at ages 14-16. Impressive.

okay i got some,

Naughty by nature almost got killed in chicago during a live performance.

drake got robbed in LA right before so far gone came out for like a watch.

Juelz Santana has been on def jam forever cam sold his contract for so much they cant drop him,

i got many so i will be cool

drake got robbed in LA right before so far gone came out for like a watch.
I think he talked about this on one of his "freestyles" on that tape

The two freestyles were over the Say You Will (Kanye) beat and a beat that was sampled from Coldplay

One was called Say What's Real, I forgot the other title 

Back
Top Bottom