How did the word "PAUSE" come to mean the same as "no +%%@"?

I never subscribed to the trend.
You're basically filtering everything you say that could be misconstrued as being homosexual; so you've got gay on the mind more than regular gay dudes, which is actually gayer than gay.

You're basically filtering everything you say that could be misconstrued as being homosexual; so you've got gay on the mind more than regular gay dudes, which is actually gayer than gay.

With "pause" it doesn't have to be a homosexual thing. Just something that sounds funny and can be taken another way. Like, I say "pause" when I'm talking to girls even.

*lacing my shoes*

"Damn. I can't get it in there. pause."

With "pause" it doesn't have to be a homosexual thing. Just something that sounds funny and can be taken another way. Like, I say "pause" when I'm talking to girls even.

*lacing my shoes*

797252724c22b87e19370784dcd34d2bd9284bc.png

Pause

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

*lacing my shoes*

thats how i always used it
more of just pointing out a sexual innuendo imo

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

*lacing my shoes*

thats how i always used it
more of just pointing out a sexual innuendo imo

camron-600x399.jpg

Jay did started to Pause first

But Cam made it Poppin

along with No H*mo, A-Yo, Ducktales, and with Vado (Slime/5)

camron-600x399.jpg

Jay did started to Pause first

But Cam made it Poppin

along with No H*mo, A-Yo, Ducktales, and with Vado (Slime/5)

it started as a joke in NYC in the late 90s maybe 2000 @!% i would say... anytime someone said something that could be taken as karamo you said "pause" before anyone else caught you slipping... I dont know what borough it originated from but it used to mess people's whole conversation because you had to edit everything that came out your mouth... Pause ... lol

it started as a joke in NYC in the late 90s maybe 2000 @!% i would say... anytime someone said something that could be taken as karamo you said "pause" before anyone else caught you slipping... I dont know what borough it originated from but it used to mess people's whole conversation because you had to edit everything that came out your mouth... Pause ... lol

They can be used to do the same thing but you're getting it a little twisted, there are situations you can use one where the other wouldn't be equally suitable.

They can be used to do the same thing but you're getting it a little twisted, there are situations you can use one where the other wouldn't be equally suitable.

It's cuz in real life conversations with people if someone said something that had homosexual innuendo or could be misconstrued as a homosexual act or behavior the group would literally pause in mid conversation like "Did he just say something that sounded really gay?" -PAUSE

It caught on cuz ppl like to continue the conversation as if they didn't say something gay:

Guy A: So I'm at Chris' house and I'm looking through the fridge seeing what I want on my sandwich.
Guy B: Yeah.

Guy A: So I'm trying his meat and I li-
Guy B: PAUSE!!!!!!!!!

It's cuz in real life conversations with people if someone said something that had homosexual innuendo or could be misconstrued as a homosexual act or behavior the group would literally pause in mid conversation like "Did he just say something that sounded really gay?" -PAUSE

It caught on cuz ppl like to continue the conversation as if they didn't say something gay:

Guy A: So I'm at Chris' house and I'm looking through the fridge seeing what I want on my sandwich.
Guy B: Yeah.

Guy A: So I'm trying his meat and I li-
Guy B: PAUSE!!!!!!!!!

the way jay z used pause back in the mid 90's and they way people use it now are completely different

and actually i think dj clue started it on the old mixtapes

the way jay z used pause back in the mid 90's and they way people use it now are completely different

and actually i think dj clue started it on the old mixtapes

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

QFT

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

QFT

Back
Top Bottom