I am a heroin addict. Ask me anything.

OP, get on Suboxone.

Some say its just supplementing the Heroin for another drug, but Suboxone doesn't get you high.

You will be A LOT more stable and wont be spending $500-$1000/week.

STAY AWAY FROM METHADONE.

Good luck OP.
I am very sure that Suboxone will be part of my program when I decide to stop using. It is a miracle drug, and it should be as available or more available than methadone. 

Are you a high functioning addict?

How do you afford the habit AND keeping your life in order?

Man reading this thread scares the **** out of me because a couple of my boys have just recently got into Oxy's taking them everyday basically. It's crazy because one of the is a full time police officer. Even I've dabbled with them a little bit here and there but have stopped recently and dont plan on starting again before it gets out of control. That's the thing, everyone thinks addiction can't happen to them but these drugs are a powerful thing. I'm done with them things for good and this thread has helped me reinforce that feeling. Wishing you the best OP hope you can overcome this.

Last edited:
Man one of my homboys took this dude to get sum alpo last night and after dude got his fix i swear we were gonna get stopped cuz he was driving CRAZY.

Shocking how many people do that s***.

Good luck op. I think you can beat it.

I don't know anyone on H directly, but I know a LOT of people dealing with promethazine/codeine habits and addiction, and in all honestly, don't let entertainment blind ya'll

eye opening thread. didnt know you were that hard into this stuff OP. i hope that one day you find the courage to kick the habit completely. its never too late.

i kinda understand where you are coming from. I have an addictive personality myself, and come from several generations of alcoholism. Also being Korean, i know that feel bro. That inner brewing rage that you cant quite comprehend, but its there. Its in our blood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_(cultural)

I went through different stages of use in my younger age, but nothing close to what youre on. Thank god I never got around to messing with opiates. The worst it got for me was with tweek, which was difficult to break. Even now, almost 10 yrs removed from my last taste, I will find myself getting that urge. Ive made a conscious decision not to place myself anywhere near that stuff because I honestly dont know if I could turn down the lure of that nice big fogger.

I don't know anyone on H directly, but I know a LOT of people dealing with promethazine/codeine habits and addiction, and in all honestly, don't let entertainment blind ya'll
This, alot of people don't take codeine serious enough and treat it like weed or alcohol.  I was prescribed codeine for a few reasons earlier this year which led to being dependant on it up until recently and I've had the same story with painkillers for a bad knee surgery a few years ago.  It really is so hard to explain to someone who hasn't been through anything like it.

I wouldn't say I was full out addicted to either but it was enough for me to really realize that it can ruin your life if you let it.

I really hope you get better OP, you mentioned you used to mess with alot if sports, get into a mens league or some sort of team to get involved with again. Find something enjoyable, it really does help.

Who the **** is repping niketalker 23 he's not saying anything. just coming at andee... repeatedly... with the same point... and it sucks
this place is soft

Man reading this thread scares the **** out of me because a couple of my boys have just recently got into Oxy's taking them everyday basically. It's crazy because one of the is a full time police officer.Even I've dabbled with them a little bit here and there but have stopped recently and dont plan on starting again before it gets out of control. That's the thing, everyone thinks addiction can't happen to them but these drugs are a powerful thing. I'm done with them things for good and this thread has helped me reinforce that feeling. Wishing you the best OP hope you can overcome this.

Last edited:
if you want to help people become a counselor. real talk. if thats what makes u happy and you have insight on things like this you can do some REAL good. real insight > dare scare videos

try going back to school or YMCA's or go to your local inner city tutoring centers.

Learned enough from James Brown to know I want no part of King Heroin. Best of luck shaking the addiction. 

Can you just smoke some weed when you feel like shooting? You should just stick to weed bro!

Wish you the best man, i hope you would overcome this addiction asap. Il be praying for you

i love drugs... anybody that listens to my music knows that but certain **** im just not gonna even touch...

crack, dog food, or meth are top 3 on my do not touch list...

some drugs are cool but those 3 ruin too many people... ive seen too many crackheads to ever wanna get high off the drug they use

I wish the best for you an dee.

I guess it's easy for someone on the outside looking in to be skeptical when you talk about how you want to get sober, how certain comments in this thread opened your eyes or whatever but to be honest it's a powerful drug that wins out way too often over will. I agree that you should be look at as someone with a condition and not as a junkie, criminal, etc but unfortunately when you resort to stealing or other crimes that affect others, especially loved ones, it can be understandable that the same sympathy isn't shown as it would be for someone with an uncontrollable illness.

I don't want that to come across as looking down on your or other addicts because as big as it is, you shouldn't only be defined by addiction and like you said, you're a person, you have feelings and your life is just as valuable as the next man. I hope you can find happiness and something that helps you to beat this.

Since this is an AMA...what, if anything, would be big enough for you to get clean then overcome the want or need to use again and help you stay sober?

Good luck bro. I know way too many people on drugs; more recently heroin.

But here are my questions:

-When you smoked, what kind of tooter did you use and where did you hide it?

-How many CCs you take when you use? (I think my boy takes 30)

-Would you rather do Oxy or Tar or is the difference not that big?

-How much do you use a day?

-Knowing that you are an addict, how do you cope?

-Why are you postponing kicking this habit?

-Why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?

I myself am a recovering alcoholic. I still drink, but nowhere near the levels I used to do. I also became a meth addict a few years ago. I got away from it and I understand your relapse. I still get cravings. It took my 3 best friends though. One is in prison, one just lost his kids, and the other is a functioning addict. I rarely see them; I try to stay away from potentially hazardous situations. I had to cut my cousin loose because he recently started smoking tar again. I have strong self-control and willpower, but I also think I might be a borderline psychopath. Again though, good luck bro. I know the struggle.

Get better OP, i'm personally scared of drugs. Too many people think Lean is okay nowadays smh.

NT also has a lot of weed heads who are in denial too.

Not to make this a heroin song thread, but that James Brown song is just the tip of the iceberg. "Night Nurse" by Gregory Isaacs is a song about heroin and so is "Hotel California" by The Eagles.

I grew up knowing that and during my younger days (around 93-94) used to listen to this track from a local New Orleans rap crew (that still makes music and produces) and trip on how they were so open about it. Now, not so much. Everyone has their vice. EVERYONE.

Not trying to derail the thread, so I'll put it in a spoiler.

Last edited:
Not to make this a heroin song thread, but that James Brown song is just the tip of the iceberg. "Night Nurse" by Gregory Isaacs is a song about heroin and so is "Hotel California" by The Eagles.

I grew up knowing that and during my younger days (around 93-94) used to listen to this track from a local New Orleans rap crew (that still makes music and produce) and trip on how they were so open about it.

Not trying to derail the thread, so I'll put it in a spoiler.
Good looks on this. 

- What if you couldn't access heroin? Let's say your dealer is out of town and he/she didn't put you in contact with the backup, what would be your next drug of choice to help prevent you from going through the withdrawl symptoms?

- If you could rewind back in time, what would you have done differently to help prevent your drug addiction?

- How long does the high last? What's the longest you have gone without your fix? How often do you use at work? Do you sit at work thinking about your next fix?

- $500-1000 per week :wow: .. Have you tried to find other avenues to decrease the amount of cash you spend on your addiction, like buying bigger bulk? Or would that make you use it more often and cause you to spend more money? Do you have a set amount of cash to spend on drugs each day or it depends on how your feeling that particular day? Do you have your own house/apartment? What are your living conditions like? What type of friends do you have, all users or some sober who try to help you break the habit?

I just want to say this a great thread you started, so much information in here. I really hope you can pull yourself together my dude, you sound too intelligent to be walking such a thin line.

At the end of the day, even though you said you don't believe in a specific God, just remember that's the ONLY person who can judge you.

Get well soon my brother :nthat:

I hope you can win your battle with this disease. I'll be rooting for you like I did Bubbles on The Wire, bruh.

bro ill pray for you one of my boys was an addict to heroin he's on subs now thoe hopefully you can get the help you need maybe get on subs and ween yourself down how he did

Okay so just went through and read the whole thread.  Thanks for sharing everything.

My main question is how are you going to find the happiness that will hopefully make you quit when you are high (or using)   all the time?  Like you said earlier, it consumes a lot of your life.  Shouldn't you be going out and trying to experience as much as possible in order to find it?  Also, what are your favorite hobbies?

Back
Top Bottom