I am a heroin addict. Ask me anything.

Weird this thread was made I just had a convo about heroin with an ex dealer and a current user in the middle of Kroger parking lot for at least 45 mins lol

Most of what people know or think they know about heroin comes from movies or television. Movies like Train spotting, Requiem, Pulp Fiction and even the normally very realistic shows The Wire and Breaking Bad show a very extreme and exaggerated world of heroin abuse.

I am not advocating heroin or other opiate abuse but most people who die of overdoses are people with extremely addictive personalities and would likely have overdosed on Alcohol or some other drug.

The stories that you hear about people stealing or whoring for drug money are caused by the drug being very expensive and it is expensive because it is illegal. Opium is cheap to produce and if it were legal, heroin would be like Thunder Bird wine, poor addicts could buy it after begging for change. Legality would make heroin addiction among the poor into a nuisance instead of a tragedy as it is now.

Prohibition also causes other tragedies associated with heroin use. Obviously, incarceration is a risk associated with heroin but that risk is entirely created by the state and not by the drug itself. Even the problems associated with injecting heroin are caused by it prohibition. When people get collapsed veins, infections, hepatitis and HIV/AIDS, it is due to shared and unclean needles because needles exchanges are usually illegal and the DEA and local police tend to be against any type of harm-reduction measures.

Most importantly, poverty is a much worse condition than heroin use. Whether we are talking about heroin use or life in general, if you have a good deal of money, problems suddenly go away. Wealthy heroin users can buy a steady supply of the drug so withdrawals are not a danger. Wealthy people can buy and use the drugs in their own home and are almost completely immune to arrest (In the eyes of the law, possessing or using illicit drugs any where is equally illegal but being rich enough to have a home in which to buy and use largely immunizes one's self from arrest and incarceration. In our legal system, the street is the jail's antechamber.)

In short, heroin plus an addictive personality plus poverty plus a horrible legal system is what causes most drug related tragedies. Heroin use and even most abuse is, per se, not particularly bad or it is at least not as bad as is so often portrayed in fiction.

Last edited:
-your job doesn't drug test?

-how long does the high usually last?

-what's the best song you've ever heard while on the tar?

-which drugs do you think the weeknd uses?

http://www.newscientist.com/article...ing-drug-could-offer-life-free-of-heroin.html

At a small clinic in Baja California, Mexico, where I am taking part in the first trial to investigate the effectiveness of treating heroin addiction with a single dose of ibogaine – a psychoactive substance derived from the rainforest shrub Tabernanthe iboga.

At the clinic, I and 29 other heroin addicts get our dose of ibogaine. The treatment costs between $2000 and $6500 depending on which clinic you go to. As it starts to take effect I feel an intense wave of energy emanating from the centre of my chest that permeates my entire body. This euphoric state also brings me instantaneous relief from the discomfort I was feeling after going without heroin for almost 24 hours.

With my withdrawal symptoms completely gone, I am perplexed by the state of clarity I am in while seeing the most profound stream of visual phenomena. I am also filled with a sense of awe at the potential for a life free of heroin. Emotional memories force me to deal with some of the deep subconscious guilt I have repressed for years.

This powerful state persisted for over 12 hours. After remaining at the clinic for a week I was allowed to return home and over the next six months felt almost no cravings whatsoever.

Addiction should be looked at as a public health issue, not a crime/disease.

That being said, wishing you strength to overcome.

Homie.

As one adopted Korean to another... if not for yourself, do it for your folks.

They don't deserve that. Neither do you.

Amazes me how some of y'all are downplaying heroin...it ain't crack/meth but its right under it....I ain't judging cause I honestly don't give a **** what you do with your life...just leave innocent people alone (to the broke addicts)

Ill pray for you OP.

The only way my Grandfather got off H was when he got locked up for robbing a 7-11.  Hopefully you can get clean without having to go through something like that.

Does your boss or higher up’s at your job have suspicions about your drug use?  And if they do, do you think that they care? 

Amazes me how some of y'all are downplaying heroin...it ain't crack/meth but its right under it....I ain't judging cause I honestly don't give a **** what you do with your life...just leave innocent people alone (to the broke addicts)

I do not want anyone to mistake the meaning of my last post. Do not try heroin in any form and do not abuse opiate painkillers. Even if the world were a sane and rational place where the risk of criminal sanctions and the risks associated with dirty needles and no one ever was faced with homeless and families accepted opiate use in the same way that they usually accept and even celebrate alcohol and tobacco and caffeine consumption; if if all of those things were a reality, opiate addiction would still not a very good condition for a person to experience.

In the early stages of opiate use, the euphoria is powerful, transcendent, better than sex (according to a good deal of users of opiates) and fairly cheap because a person needs very little of the drug. Unfortunately, tolerances rise very quickly. If someone is using intensely, within a month, that person could be facing the prospect of nightmarish withdrawal symptoms. Because of those potential symptoms, people will stay using the drug and eventually, after six months to a year, people need to massive amounts of the drug to simply stave off withdrawals and the euphoria is very mild at best.

Drug addiction also makes pleasure monotonous, a drug addict can only experience one sort of pleasure, the high from their drug of addiction. Our brains, when they are functioning properly should be rewarding use with all sorts of diverse pleasures, some very subtle and some very great but a normal brain creates a variety of big and small rewards. The exhilaration of carnal pleasure, seeing one's favorite college or professional team win a championship, receiving a degree or a major professional award and reunion with a loved one after a prolonged absence. Those pleasure can still exist when a person is addicted but they are greatly muted.

The more subtle pleasures are a warm bed on a cold night or a drink of cold water after a summer 10k or a perfect cheese and fruit combination after a meal, a very deep and prolonged laugh or the satisfaction of being the cool uncle who can see his nephews beaming with happiness when he lets them play whatever violent video game they want as late as they want while baby sitting them. Relationships, familiarity, conviviality, taking joy in a great meal or captivating entertainment or achievements both great and small are all thing that make us human and addiction robs the addict of all or most of those feelings.

My main objection is the fact that the news media and popular culture distort and embellish to the point that many drug users, try drugs a few times and see that the sky did not fall down and it causes those people to assume that the danger and dysphoria of addiction is entirely fabricated or he or she believes that he or she possesses so extraordinary ability to to no become addicted.

In addition to what Rex was speaking on, a good portion of addicts die because they'll try to get clean and then when they relapse they go back to the same dosage they were using before.

I hope you find some way, some motivation, or some path to getting yourself away from this **** my man.

Everyone has their own problems and issues, whether they are willing to admit it or not, but this is definitely not one that can be simply "dealt with" or "get used to living with".

I don't know you personally, but as a fellow human, I hope that you can find a way to become the person you truly owe it to yourself to be. I don't have any drug problems, but that's what all humans are chasing anyways. A path towards becoming the best and happiest person you can be, and helping others around you to do the same. It sounds like you know the happiness you are getting now is only artificial so I hope you can strive for the real deal.

Rooting for you fam :pimp:
More than anything else that's what you should take from this thread. 100s of people who don't even know you personally just want you to help yourself out and find that true happiness :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Reactions: Ube
I'm actually in Boston now and never realized how serious opiates are out here. It's literally everywhere. **** is real.

Back
Top Bottom