I never knew that......

Jeanne Louise Calment  (21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997)[sup][2][/sup]  was a French supercentenarian  who had the longest confirmed human lifespan  in history, living to the age of 122 years, 164 days.[sup][3][/sup]  She lived in Arles, France, for her entire life, outliving both her daughter and grandson by several decades. Calment became especially well known from the age of 113, when the centenary  ofVincent van Gogh's visit brought reporters to Arles.

"Calment smoked from the age of 21 (1896) to 117 (1992),[sup][2][/sup][sup][16][/sup]  though according to an unspecified source, she smoked no more than two cigarettes per day towards the end of her life.[sup][17][/sup]After her operation, Calment needed to use a wheelchair. In 1994, age 119, she weighed 45 kilograms (99 lb).

Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to a diet rich in olive oil,[sup][4][/sup]  and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram (2.2 lb) of chocolate  every week. Calment reportedly remained mentally intact until her very end."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

thought those bits were interesting...

I give you the Badass of the week: John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming "Jack" Churchill

jackchuchill_new.jpg

He is british, fought in WW2 and he is on record the only person to have a confirmed kill by longbow in the second world war (cuz guns are overrated you know?) He charged into battle with only a scottish broadsword (below) bow and arrow and bagpipes, yes the bloody instrument itself to charge his men into battle
churchill4.jpg

When asked by his comrades about the sword "In my opinion, sir, any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed" - Mad Jack

was shot in the neck by a german machine gun during the Dunkirk campaign, didn't stop him obviously, He joined the newly formed British commando squad and his first mission was to capture Maaloy Island. Just as his men were about to hit the beach he played "The March of the Cameron Men" on his bagpipes, then the ramp flew down and he was the first one down with only his sword. after capturing the island in 2 hours British High Command received a telegram reading:

"Maaloy battery and island captured.  Casualties slight.  Demolitions in progress.  Churchill."

Jack_Churchill_leading_training_charge_with_sword.jpg

tumblr_mc6rgsCzhU1qaw0cqo1_500.jpg
As the war went on he fought in a battle where he was the only survivor of the allied forces, he played the bagpipes until he was captured by the Germans and sent to Sachsenhausen concentration camp. After escaping the concentration camp of course (because at this point no one was stopping him) he walked 93 miles until reaching Verona, Italy where he found an American armored force. The war in Europe was ending and so he wanted to go to the Pacific to fight the Japanese. while in transit over there he reached Burma when he heard the American dropped the atomic bombs on Japan thus ending the war to "Mad" Jack's disappointment.

A direct quote from him:
"If it wasn't for those damn Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years."

and there's your badass of the week:pimp:  

geezus dude was like wolverine

I respect you for at least acknowledging it, I can't blame you though it's a trend on this board and most boards... Even though the lines of limitation get blurred on here all the time, gotta know what lines not to cross though

With all that said...I admit

that shi+ was funny yo....but we gotta do better

I respect you for at least acknowledging it, I can't blame you though it's a trend on this board and most boards... Even though the lines of limitation get blurred on here all the time, gotta know what lines not to cross though

With all that said...I admit

that shi+ was funny yo....but we gotta do better

I lol'd

that is a weird conclusion to come to being that so may others lost their lives that day??? but you are entitled to believe what you want...

i could be slightly off about this one but i believe the only reason healthcare in this country is so entrenched & tied to employment is because automakers, who were at the time the largest employers, offered it as a cheap benefit to their workforce, not because the public-at-large was necessarily opposed 'social' healthcare or because anyone thought at the time it was a better system...

word right?

also cool point about healthcare, that seems like something interesting to research :pimp: (srs, no sarcasm)

Katy perry has a cat named kitty purry
View media item 868404
A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance

Clint eastwood bought the script for "unforgiven" in 1976....but he sat on it until he was old enough to play the lead.

The squirrels in tim burtons charlie and the chocolate factory are not cgi...they were trained.

Lol at flamboyance.

The final version of the scene features a mixture of real-life, animatronic, and CGI squirrels to satisfy Tim Burton's original vision for a hundred-squirrel Nut Room. They only had 40 trained squirrels.

Martin Luther King suffered from a huge case of Plagiarism all throughout school and isn't even a real doctor. Also, his famed "I have a dream speech" was plagiarized as well.

Not 100 percent sure but I've been hearing this all my life. Don't kill me i'm sorry I don't know no better I love you.

Martin Luther King suffered from a huge case of Plagiarism all throughout school and isn't even a real doctor. Also, his famed "I have a dream speech" was plagiarized as well.
Not 100 percent sure but I've been hearing this all my life. Don't kill me i'm sorry I don't know no better I love you.
Half truth

After his death they reviewed his dissertation again and found that he may have plagiarized some parts of it.

Some wanted his doctorate taken back but Boston college decided it would not serve a purpose so they decided against it 

So he is in fact still a doctor.

He was still smashing the white womens doe

Jeanne Louise Calment (21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997)[SUP][2]
[/SUP]
 was a French supercentenarian
 who had the longest confirmed human lifespan
 in history, living to the age of 122 years, 164 days.[SUP][3]
[/SUP]
 She lived in Arles
, France, for her entire life, outliving both her daughter and grandson by several decades. Calment became especially well known from the age of 113, when the centenary
 ofVincent van Gogh
's visit brought reporters to Arles.

"Calment smoked from the age of 21 (1896) to 117 (1992),[SUP][2]
[/SUP][SUP][16]
[/SUP] though according to an unspecified source, she smoked no more than two cigarettes per day towards the end of her life.[SUP][17]
[/SUP]After her operation, Calment needed to use a wheelchair. In 1994, age 119, she weighed 45 kilograms (99 lb).

Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to a diet rich in olive oil
,[SUP][4]
[/SUP] and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine
, and ate nearly one kilogram (2.2 lb) of chocolate
 every week. Calment reportedly remained mentally intact until her very end."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

thought those bits were interesting...

the French paradox will always amaze me
they drink more than us, smoke more than us, and live longer than us
i love them and am also jealous of them

Back
Top Bottom