I want to show you guys this vid from the /B/ Cringe thread vol. Do fat people repulse you?

Ninja has gotten ethered by so many Nters over the years, could tonight finally be the night the big man himself tears him a new one? :lol:

Ohh please, aint no body tryna hear what Ninja gotta say on the matter, especially this deep into the thread, after the exchanges we've seen.

Ol' "waterboy tryna act like he played a pivotal role in the championship game" looking boy.

:lol:

:rofl:

[COLOR=#red]I don't cite random academic sounding theories or names just to try to prove that the person I'm talking to is ignorant [...][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]last time I checked, there's no Wikipedia page for the Bose-Chaudhuri-Hocquenghem Theorem (only for the BCH code I think), the Moore Kline Theorem, or how to derive the marginal effects when using a Logit regression.[/COLOR]

View media item 386042

The "I don't cite random, useless, obscure things" was about Meth's comment that I had been citing such things. CLEARLY, therefore, the phrase is referring to my earlier posts...not what I posted a line above in the same post, especially since I posted those things just to prove a point, not to actually reference them in any discussion.

Nice try to get some lulz or reps though.

Last edited:
As stated before there are many factors that tie in with obesity. It could be how your family has always eaten, your economic state, your own personal beliefs, stress, just so many different things that tie into it. That is why it really is unfair to judge or mistreat somebody. Everyone has gone through or lives through things that explains why they are who they are. That is what life is. That is what I'd like some of the other members in here to understand. That discriminatory attitude always holds back our society. Fat Acceptance will lead to progress , while Fat discrimination will lead to regression.
Agree there are many factors. Family is def one of them but still no excuse. There are ppl who grow up with drug addicted parents and turn out fat. If you're parents taught you to eat like a pig then you unteach yourself those things after you've matured and educated yourself. It really doesn't take much of an effort to lose weight. Easiest solution ;You can just starve yourself eat once a day a couple of fruits. No going to the gym complaining that your body hurts, etc.
This is why I blv it's more of a mental disorder/disease than anything. PPl with mental disorders can't help themselves.

So you're saying we should judge fat people as lesser individuals because they don't choose to improve their health?

Using this logic, is it safe to say we should perceive you as a simpleton because of your reluctance to type with any sort of recognizable structure?
Not that I think he would care, but it wouldn't be hard to devalue him as a human being if we judged him the way he judges others.

heren lies da problem, obesity is a problem, not a social demographic that should be coddled to feel better about their grotesque

binge eating habits.
Illiteracy is a problem, doesn't make it ok to attempt to ostracize those who can't read. Why not encourage them in a positive manner? So far its slowly working. Shows like the biggest loser, the rise of these TV fitness programs(P90x, Insanity) and rise of promotion of gyms at more affordable prices is showing that losing weight and getting in shape is possible. You don't have to be insulted in order to be motivated. Breaking down ones self esteem as a way of motivation is never a successful tactic as its bound to create even more unhealthy and unproductive behavior.
da amount of subtle venom towards fat people in all those examples makes me laugh just thinking about it.

no country for people who look like this...period, i dont care if its my own mother, she better get her fat *** to da gym
So you're saying we should judge fat people as lesser individuals because they don't choose to improve their health?

Using this logic, is it safe to say we should perceive you as a simpleton because of your reluctance to type with any sort of recognizable structure?
you can perceive w/e you want about me duke, at da end of da day perception is subjective, being a fat *** obese person

doesn't fall under da category of "arbitrary."

Agree there are many factors. Family is def one of them but still no excuse. There are ppl who grow up with drug addicted parents and turn out fat. If you're parents taught you to eat like a pig then you unteach yourself those things after you've matured and educated yourself. It really doesn't take much of an effort to lose weight. Easiest solution ;You can just starve yourself eat once a day a couple of fruits. No going to the gym complaining that your body hurts, etc.
This is why I blv it's more of a mental disorder/disease than anything. PPl with mental disorders can't help themselves.
If I grow up from day 1 eating trash and the only food offered to me is trash(fating food) and EVERYONE around me eats the same way and is fat, there is a chance I might have some sort of acceptance for being fat. Not that isn't irreversible, but a level of comfort with size MAY exist. Did you know that there are still countries were largeness is embraced?  I wouldn't say there is no excuse, but I will say there is no excuse to be judged based upon your size. That is something that shouldn't be justified regardless if you think they made themselves large. 

Don't understand your relation of drug addict parents to growing up fat lol. You lost me there bro. I understand that you feel that  unhealthy lifestyles can be reversed, but to state the level of effort without understanding their individual position is unfair. Its like telling a crackhead its easy to stop smoking crack, just stop doing it and you;ll be good. Everyone is dealt different hands. Change is always possible, but never underestimate the effort it takes for one to change. If it was that easy, then we would all be perfect. You would easily make yourself look better, you would easily be a millionaire, you would easily be a ladies man, etc.

Just need you to understand that. And Obesity has always been weighted as a combination of mental and genetic conditions.

Last edited:
The "I don't cite random, useless, obscure things" was about Meth's comment that I had been citing such things. CLEARLY, therefore, the phrase is referring to my earlier posts...not what I posted a line above in the same post, especially since I posted those things just to prove a point, not to actually reference them in any discussion.

View media item 386052

If I grow up from day 1 eating trash and the only food offered to me is trash(fating food) and EVERYONE around me eats the same way and is fat, there is a chance I might have some sort of acceptance for being fat. Not that isn't irreversible, but a level of comfort with size MAY exist. Did you know that there are still countries were largeness is embraced?  I wouldn't say there is no excuse, but I will say there is no excuse to be judged based upon your size. That is something that shouldn't be justified regardless if you think they made themselves large. 

Don't understand your relation of drug addict parents to growing up fat lol. You lost me there bro. I understand that you feel that  unhealthy lifestyles can be reversed, but to state the level of effort without understanding their individual position is unfair. Its like telling a crackhead its easy to stop smoking crack, just stop doing it and you;ll be good. Everyone is dealt different hands. Change is always possible, but never underestimate the effort it takes for one to change. If it was that easy, then we would all be perfect. You would easily make yourself look better, you would easily be a millionaire, you would easily be a ladies man, etc.

Just need you to understand that. And Obesity has always been weighted as a combination of mental and genetic conditions.

Of course there is no excuse to be judged on your size or appearance or anything like that. Agreed.
What I meant about the drug addicted parents is that just because you're family grew up eating bad or tons of food at a time is not going to lead you being obese as an adult. An adult/educated person can make their own decisions and change from the way they were brought up hence ppl who came from bad homes and became responsible/successful. At some point everyone starts thinking for themselves because we all have the ability to reason after we grow out of childhood. There are barriers like not being able to afford healthy food etc. but even then just reducing the trash eating to once a day in a small portion is nothing out of this world. Again I speak for Adults only not children.
Losing weight takes the least effort out of everything you described. When all you have to do is not eat compared to what it takes to become a millionaire, ladies man, etc.
Don't think they should be judged badly because of their appearance but I also don't think there should be much sympathy for them other than the mental condition part.

Of course there is no excuse to be judged on your size or appearance or anything like that. Agreed.
What I meant about the drug addicted parents is that just because you're family grew up eating bad or tons of food at a time is not going to lead you being obese as an adult. An adult/educated person can make their own decisions and change from the way they were brought up hence ppl who came from bad homes and became responsible/successful. At some point everyone starts thinking for themselves because we all have the ability to reason after we grow out of childhood. There are barriers like not being able to afford healthy food etc. but even then just reducing the trash eating to once a day in a small portion is nothing out of this world. Again I speak for Adults only not children.
Losing weight takes the least effort out of everything you described. When all you have to do is not eat compared to what it takes to become a millionaire, ladies man, etc.
Don't think they should be judged badly because of their appearance but I also don't think there should be much sympathy for them other than the mental condition part.
Only doctors can judge whether or not a persons obesity is mental or not. With that said, it would be unfair to be slightly sympathetic without understanding the condition of ones obesity. Once your again your judging effort which is unfair. You cannot judge effort to accomplish a goal. Effort for each persons PERSONAL goals cannot be gauged. so continuance to do so is factually wrong. 

Last edited:

Don't worry, nobody here is going to rep SuperAntigen after that virus he infected the site with a while ago. :lol:

I already gave an example of a situation where hiring an obese person could cause problems and unnecessary expenses. You can't deny that an obese person is more likely to have health problems than a fit one. I also think that you should be allowed to refuse employment to someone because they smoke cigarettes/drink or use recreational drugs.
We've been over the healthcare cost issue.  If you think it's cool to fire a woman for becoming pregnant and discriminate against someone due to their weight to prevent them from having an office job that requires no physical exertion, I'm not sure there's much else to be said.  It's a powerful argument for public healthcare.  

Thank goodness every employer doesn't feel similarly.
meth comparing food to liquor and smoking 

homie you just said you never partook in either, last time i checked we NEED to eat..apples and oranges.
Not sure where you're going with that.  

The point is pretty simple:  anyone so inclined could look down on your weaknesses (like, maybe, a sneaker addiction) in a very judgmental and condescending way and call you mentally weak and, thus, unfit for employment, etc.  

You don't face ridicule for those problems as frequently as does someone who's overweight.  You can say you'd roll with the punches but, honestly, I doubt you'd appreciate it.  

As stated earlier, it's odd to seize on that one flaw and say that it truly should define that person in the eyes of society. 

Millions of people suffer from weight problems.  It's a more complicated issue than simply not knowing "when to say when."  If you're firmly convinced otherwise without any direct, lived, experience, where are you getting that idea from?  Stereotype?  

Of course I was going to insult you after you insulted me repeatedly. What did you expect?

The reason why I think things are "unrelated" is precisely because I've studied them.
Right, for a few weeks in college.  Good stuff.  
you can perceive w/e you want about me duke, at da end of da day perception is subjective, being a fat *** obese person

doesn't fall under da category of "arbitrary."
At what point is someone obese, though?  I could show you a picture of someone who weighs 70 pounds or someone who weighs 700 pounds and you'd say "unhealthy," but what about 200 pounds?  Depends on your frame, right?  And, even then, it's fair to say that definition has varied in different places at different times.  The boundary lines, then, could be considered fairly arbitrary.  

Someone mentioned NFL linemen or the "world's strongest man" contestants.  Those guys carry plenty of body fat.  

NFL players in general suffer from a lot of health risks, even after their careers have ended.  Although they were drafted, it's still a career they chose.  I don't think it's fair to call them weak and slovenly, however, or to actively discriminate against them.  

Is this guy a lazy, disgusting slob?  

Some people would say "yes" based solely on appearance.  I'd bet Ben Roethlisberger isn't one of them.  

It's just not as cut and dried as you're making it out to be.  

But obesity – believed by many to be a disease of decision and a lifestyle disease for most – has a large economic impact. The annual economic medical costs of obesity are estimated to be over $150 billion. It is also estimated that about 22 percent of all medical costs and 26 percent of Medicare costs are for healthcare expenses during the last year of life. Taken together, it is safe to say that obesity costs represent a significant annual and last-year-of-life cost.

When public healthcare spending rises even further, as I suspect it will if the Affordable Healthcare Act remains intact, we will be faced with even starker decisions on whether public healthcare spending on the consequences of lifestyle disease should be allowed to crowd out spending on other worthwhile things. Eventually it is not a question of saying “yes” to everything, but making choices among competing needs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidmaris/2012/04/19/is-a-tax-on-obesity-in-americas-future/

Personally, I don't care what most people do to themselves, except my family and friends. Eat and smoke as much as you can. Once your health goes downhill, as long as you can pay for your own medical bills or have your own insurance cover the costs, then all is good. But, if your lifestyle choices impenge on my salary by charging higher taxes to cover your medical bills, that's where I have a problem. Those that depend on public healthcare yet still choose to remain obese is a major problem IMO. Why should I flip the bill for it?

We've been over the healthcare cost issue.  If you think it's cool to fire a woman for becoming pregnant and discriminate against someone due to their weight to prevent them from having an office job that requires no physical exertion, I'm not sure there's much else to be said.  It's a powerful argument for public healthcare.  

Thank goodness every employer doesn't feel similarly.

Not sure where you're going with that.  

The point is pretty simple:  anyone so inclined could look down on your weaknesses (like, maybe, a sneaker addiction) in a very judgmental and condescending way and call you mentally weak and, thus, unfit for employment, etc.  

You don't face ridicule for those problems as frequently as does someone who's overweight.  You can say you'd roll with the punches but, honestly, I doubt you'd appreciate it.  

As stated earlier, it's odd to seize on that one flaw and say that it truly should define that person in the eyes of society. 

Millions of people suffer from weight problems.  It's a more complicated issue than simply not knowing "when to say when."  If you're firmly convinced otherwise without any direct, lived, experience, where are you getting that idea from?  Stereotype?  

At what point is someone obese, though?  I could show you a picture of someone who weighs 70 pounds or someone who weighs 700 pounds and you'd say "unhealthy," but what about 200 pounds?  Depends on your frame, right?  And, even then, it's fair to say that definition has varied in different places at different times.  The boundary lines, then, could be considered fairly arbitrary.  

Someone mentioned NFL linemen or the "world's strongest man" contestants.  Those guys carry plenty of body fat.  

NFL players in general suffer from a lot of health risks, even after their careers have ended.  Although they were drafted, it's still a career they chose.  I don't think it's fair to call them weak and slovenly, however, or to actively discriminate against them.  

Is this guy a lazy, disgusting slob?  

Some people would say "yes" based solely on appearance.  I'd bet Ben Roethlisberger isn't one of them.  

It's just not as cut and dried as you're making it out to be.  
That is what makes the idea of "healthy" so wide of an idea. Everyone knows of the BMI chart unbalance. The idea of healthy or even fat is always something society can't truly universally measure. You posted a perfect example with football players. Some of them are HUGE but aren't unhealthy at all. It just seems impossible to get this idea into somebody such as Ninjahood's mind.

Damn, you're persistent.
Tell me, what college started two weeks ago, where now I'd be in my second week? And what student has studied the topics I mentioned after two weeks of school?

Go ahead, continue to play the "Your argument is invalid because you're still in school". You probably don't even know what those topics I mentioned are :lol: Not that they have anything to do with the matter at hand, but then again neither did half of the ones you posted and stated I knew nothing about.

Damn, you're persistent.
Tell me, what college started two weeks ago, where now I'd be in my second week? And what student has studied the topics I mentioned after two weeks of school?

Go ahead, continue to play the "Your argument is invalid because you're still in school". You probably don't even know what those topics I mentioned are
laugh.gif
Not that they have anything to do with the matter at hand, but then again neither did half of the ones you posted and stated I knew nothing about.
If you make posts with no logic, you will be informed.

That is what makes the idea of "healthy" so wide of an idea. Everyone knows of the BMI chart unbalance. The idea of healthy or even fat is always something society can't truly universally measure. You posted a perfect example with football players. Some of them are HUGE but aren't unhealthy at all. It just seems impossible to get this idea into somebody such as Ninjahood's mind.
Ninjahood posted some fat dude on a scooter. You find Ninjahood an NFL player (non-injured) who needs a scooter to get around, and I'm sure you'll change Ninjahood's mind.

Only doctors can judge whether or not a persons obesity is mental or not. With that said, it would be unfair to be slightly sympathetic without understanding the condition of ones obesity. Once your again your judging effort which is unfair. You cannot judge effort to accomplish a goal. Effort for each persons PERSONAL goals cannot be gauged. so continuance to do so is factually wrong. 
Effort gets judged in this world my friend whether we like it or not. Making food or buying it and eating it takes more effort than not doing so. Some of these ppl are putting in an effort to be this big they're not completely helpless

Effort gets judged in this world my friend whether we like it or not. Making food or buying it and eating it takes more effort than not doing so. Some of these ppl are putting in an effort to be this big they're not completely helpless
What are your goals?

Ninjahood posted some fat dude on a scooter. You find Ninjahood an NFL player (non-injured) who needs a scooter to get around, and I'm sure you'll change Ninjahood's mind.
BONG BONG - RZA

But obesity – believed by many to be a disease of decision and a lifestyle disease for most – has a large economic impact. The annual economic medical costs of obesity are estimated to be over $150 billion. It is also estimated that about 22 percent of all medical costs and 26 percent of Medicare costs are for healthcare expenses during the last year of life. Taken together, it is safe to say that obesity costs represent a significant annual and last-year-of-life cost.

When public healthcare spending rises even further, as I suspect it will if the Affordable Healthcare Act remains intact, we will be faced with even starker decisions on whether public healthcare spending on the consequences of lifestyle disease should be allowed to crowd out spending on other worthwhile things. Eventually it is not a question of saying “yes” to everything, but making choices among competing needs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidmaris/2012/04/19/is-a-tax-on-obesity-in-americas-future/

Personally, I don't care what most people do to themselves, except my family and friends. Eat and smoke as much as you can. Once your health goes downhill, as long as you can pay for your own medical bills or have your own insurance cover the costs, then all is good. But, if your lifestyle choices impenge on my salary by charging higher taxes to cover your medical bills, that's where I have a problem. Those that depend on public healthcare yet still choose to remain obese is a major problem IMO. Why should I flip the bill for it?

It is a good argument against universal health care. But imagine a situation where you can be sued for not hiring someone who has those obvious self inflicted health deficiencies.

Back
Top Bottom