I want to show you guys this vid from the /B/ Cringe thread vol. Do fat people repulse you?

I could have sworn everybody was supposed to have civil rights, ninjahood. Or should they be discriminated against because you don't like them? It works just like with older people now, they aren't getting the job anymore because of a younger worker. It's unfair. It's been tested, the older person is more qualified, then they both go to apply. Younger kid gets the job.

Discrimination is everywhere, and weight is a major issue. When you aren't getting jobs and you're being bullied, it's a problem.

I also notice you ignorantly bolded only one issue on that whole article. Notice a big one you probably missed.

Protect overweight children from bullying and intimidation in school by requiring states and/or school districts to adopt HAES and enforce policies prohibiting harassment, intimidation, or bullying on school property.

Discrimination at its worst, affecting children at school. Kids.

What is your argument for this? "Stop being fat?"

Because it's that easy b. poof. Not fat.

There are hundreds of reasons why people gain weight. Metabolism, free time, salary, residence, etc.

However, they are just supposed to stop being fat right?

Last edited:
This is from the NAAFA website:

NAAFA Policy Recommendations

Employment

Include weight in the Civil Rights Act or create separate federal anti-discrimination legislation based on weight and seek inclusion in anti-discrimination policies of major corporations and institutions.

Health care

Encourage health care organizations to adopt a Health At Every Size (HAES) policy and include HAES in patients’ rights policies.

Educational Institutions

Protect overweight children from bullying and intimidation in school by requiring states and/or school districts to adopt HAES and enforce policies prohibiting harassment, intimidation, or bullying on school property.

Include weight as a specific protected category.

http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/education/index.html

So they want to encourage health care organizations to teach people that being fat is healthy? :smh:

Health At Every
Size (HAES)

Introduction

NAAFA supports the principles of Health At Every Size (HAES). These principles are aligned with our mission of protecting the rights and improving the quality of life for fat people. Instead of focusing on weight as a measurement of health, the HAES approach removes weight from the equation and replaces it with a focus on overall well being, which includes the full range of body shapes and sizes.

General Principles

Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes
Recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects
Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes
Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure
Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity, rather than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss

http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/education/haes.html

are these people stupid??....how can they remove weight from the equation when 9/10 times is their weight which caused all the other diseases and them not "being well"

hight blood preassure, diabetes, etc didnt cause your obesity...son...

I could have sworn everybody was supposed to have civil rights, ninjahood. Or should they be discriminated against because you don't like them? It works just like with older people now, they aren't getting the job anymore because of a younger worker. It's unfair. It's been tested, the older person is more qualified, then they both go to apply. Younger kid gets the job.

Discrimination is everywhere, and weight is a major issue. When you aren't getting jobs and you're being bullied, it's a problem.

I also notice you ignorantly bolded only one issue on that whole article. Notice a big one you probably missed.

There are hundreds of reasons why people gain weight. Metabolism, free time, salary, residence, etc.

it is that easy.

Will-Power.jpg

stop making excuses for these people...they're fat and lazy, and this internet generation is putting a pressure on em.

Ksteezy, you are right, taking weight from the equation when talking about well being is not smart. However, this article has a lot of good views to it.

Especially the 'general principles' section

aware me, an obese individual doesnt have the same civil rights as a thinner person?....

it is that easy.

Will-Power.jpg

stop making excuses for these people...they're fat and lazy, and this internet generation is putting a pressure on em.

Okay. So every obese person is now lazy? Generalizations harm more than they help. Remember when the US said every African American was uneducated and incapable of a job with higher qualifications? That really worked out.

People with less money, have a bad diet. That causes weight gain. Is it their fault they don't make enough to afford organic meals? No, it's not.

Or the people who are working, and taking care of their children. What free time do they have to go out running, or to the gym?

There are the lazy, whom have no sympathy from me. Then, there is the obese population. Who do not deserve to be called anything. Definitely not coming from you.

aware me, an obese individual doesnt have the same civil rights as a thinner person?....

I think you miss the point.

Obese people are discriminated against. Plain and simple. I dare you to deny it even as a member of is thread. With discrimination comes unfair opportunities.

If you were an employer, and two equally qualified individuals came and applied for a job. One obese and one slim. You would hire the slim employee nine times out of ten.

That's where it becomes unfair, and legislation is needed to protect these people.

Ksteezy, you are right, taking weight from the equation when talking about well being is not smart. However, this article has a lot of good views to it.

i just cant get down with it bro, i dont bully fat people, i dont look at them in disgust, I just cant feel sorry for them, Ive worked in the health field for almost a decade and seen what obesity leads to, its crazy that these people will put their bodies thru such turmoil for the sake of the pleasure of fries and a hamburger....something as simple as a cleaner diet and lightwalks will help the weight go down, you guys have to understand, that any extra activity and change in diet will have a 350lb man losing weight faster and more than someone whos only 30lbs overweight...they just have to want to lose weight, unfortunately enough the only things that get these people in a positive track is negative feedback, hearing a doctor say "if you dont lose weight i give you 6 months to live, going to a theme park and feeling embarrassed because you dont fit in the chairs in the rollercoaster, having your friends tell you "fam you are FAT", not being able to fit into clothes, youd like, these are the things that encourage people to lose weight, NOT POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT, positive feedback helps them get through, hearing people say "dude you have lost so much weight" but this is not what makes them jump that first hurdle of admitting the problem, this organization seems to want to build a safety blanket, which i guaratee you will do more harm than good.....IN MY OPINION

There are poor people all over the ******g world. some of them are starving to death.

Miss me with this they're broke so they eat bad food and get fat nonsense. :rolleyes

Hate this age man, all we do is make excuses instead of giving people the kick in the *** they need and forcing them to step up their ****.

excuses after excuses.they can't get in shape because they're working hard and raising kids. you know how many people in the world are doing that? Are they the only one with problems in life or something? The only ones who life doesn't come easy to?

If someone failed every test in class, but they showed up to every class, and did all their homework would I call them lazy... Hell ******g yeah. Awww the hard work and effort you put in isn't allowing you to achieve your goals? Tough ****. Put in MORE work and MORE effort and get it done. And I'm not convinced someone rolling around on a scooter put in ANY hard work or effort.

Last edited:

Obese people are discriminated against. Plain and simple. I dare you to deny it even as a member of is thread. With discrimination comes unfair opportunities.

If you were an employer, and two equally qualified individuals came and applied for a job. One obese and one slim. You would hire the slim employee nine times out of ten.

That's where it becomes unfair, and legislation is needed to protect these people.

the difference in weight will make them not equally qualified if the job required some sort of physical activity....if i was an employer for a company which required my workers to sit behind a desk, i dont think id care.

it is that easy.

Will-Power.jpg

Okay. So every obese person is now lazy? Generalizations harm more than they help. Remember when the US said every African American was uneducated and incapable of a job with higher qualifications? That really worked out.

People with less money, have a bad diet. That causes weight gain. Is it their fault they don't make enough to afford organic meals? No, it's not.

Or the people who are working, and taking care of their children. What free time do they have to go out running, or to the gym?

There are the lazy, whom have no sympathy from me. Then, there is the obese population. Who do not deserve to be called anything. Definitely not coming from you.
now who's generalizing?
laugh.gif

so now if you dont buy into that con of "organic" everything its somehow making you fat?
roll.gif

whatever happened to taking responsibility for your actions? dont people read da nutritious facts anymore? its BLATANTLY obvious

that if you take in more calories then you burn YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT, that **** has nothing to do with how much more or

less money you got.

Last edited:
people with less money have to eat at home, eating at home is cleaner than anything you can put in your mouth in the street.....you can barely get a meal at McDonalds for less than 10$....

doubt money is the cause of obesity....if that was the case, id see alot more obese homeless people.

the difference in weight will make them not equally qualified if the job required some sort of physical activity....if i was an employer for a company which required my workers to sit behind a desk, i dont think id care.
you would care if you're paying for their health insurance under obama care and these outta shape ****** is blowing up your budget cuz they're

brushing their teeth with twinkees cream every morning...

Every fat person rolls in a scooter now too? ^

i just cant get down with it bro, i dont bully fat people, i dont look at them in disgust, I just cant feel sorry for them, Ive worked in the health field for almost a decade and seen what obesity leads to, its crazy that these people will put their bodies thru such turmoil for the sake of the pleasure of fries and a hamburger....something as simple as a cleaner diet and lightwalks will help the weight go down, you guys have to understand, that any extra activity and change in diet will have a 350lb man losing weight faster and more than someone whos only 30lbs overweight...they just have to want to lose weight, unfortunately enough the only things that get these people in a positive track is negative feedback, hearing a doctor say "if you dont lose weight i give you 6 months to live, going to a theme park and feeling embarrassed because you dont fit in the chairs in the rollercoaster, having your friends tell you "fam you are FAT", not being able to fit into clothes, youd like, these are the things that encourage people to lose weight, NOT POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT, positive feedback helps them get through, hearing people say "dude you have lost so much weight" but this is not what makes them jump that first hurdle of admitting the problem, this organization seems to want to build a safety blanket, which i guaratee you will do more harm than good.....IN MY OPINION

I see so everyone has the free time to go on a walk, and the money to afford a cleaner diet?

Now let me tell you about that last part. "In my opinion."

That is exactly what it is, your opinion. Every single one of you attempting to dictate and change the lives of others. That doesn't work, anywhere. The collective opinion for LGBT is that it is wrong and shouldn't be allowed. "Be straight" in other words. Just like you are saying "be skinny." And look where the LGBT community is. Fighting society in order to be able to have simple rights like a civil union.

Stop trying to "help" and let people live. I understand you lost weight, and you feel good. Hi-five. Have a cookie. Not everyone is you Steezy, don't try and change that.

Keep your opinions to yourself. (In terms of controlling people's lives so they fit your image.)

Very overweight people disgust me, I cannot lie. But they look so innocent man, its like...idk

There are the lazy, whom have no sympathy from me. Then, there is the obese population. Who do not deserve to be called anything. 
....what? this doesnt even make sense 
laugh.gif

how are you giving "no sympathy" for lazy people, yet you give obese people a pass when their condition is (an overwhelming amount of the time) a direct result of their own laziness? 

The way you talk, you make it seem like one day a regular-sized human being just gets a hold of some particular food item that turns them into a 600 lb person overnight. That kind of weight gain is caused by YEARS of excessive eating and lack of nutritional knowledge.

Years. 

I just dont understand how you can continue to give them an excuse with each of your posts. 

and WHY WHY WHY do people keep comparing this to homosexuality? you dudes are just GRASPING at ANYTHING! 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Club, I meant it in a way of generalizing the entire obese population, sorry my word order confused you.

Go wrestle something.

I still don't understand why this would affect people so much they would discriminate against another individual.

it is that easy.

Will-Power.jpg

"Remember when the US said every African American was uneducated and incapable of a job with higher qualifications? That really worked out. "

That's because the United States wouldn't allow African Americans the opportunity for an education to gain the skills for that job, because of their race, not their inability to control the amount of food that they ate. It is disrespectful to compare the plight of fat people to the plight of African Americans. There are no laws or regulations keeping obese people from losing weight. We addressed this earlier.

"People with less money, have a bad diet. That causes weight gain. Is it their fault they don't make enough to afford organic meals? No, it's not. "

You don't have to eat organic to keep from being obese. You have to stop eating so many calories. Some of the posters here need to do some research on nutrition and caloric maintenance. You can lose weight without doing any excercise.

If I was an employer, and two equally qualified individuals came and applied for a job, one with tattoos on his arms, neck and face, the other with no tattoos, should I be required to hire the one with tattoos? What about two equally qualified applicants, but one is wearing a suit, and the other is wearing a tall white tee and some strap Girbauds? We are not talking about race or sex here. To compare sexual preference to weight is equally absurd. Who you put your **** in when you are off duty does not affect the quality of your work, your inability to stand for longer than 5 minutes ,without breaking a sweat and needing a Diet Coke break, does.

Last edited:
"go wrestle something"

you may not be but you must have parents or a sibling who is obese or something the way you continually try and take these childish little shots at me 
laugh.gif

maybe you're a chubby chaser, I dont know. But you seem to be really personally offended by this thread.

to the point where i just think you were lying and you really are obese yourself.

which is cool, im not making fun of you. 

not to mention i didnt even say anuthing about generalizations, Ninja did. 
roll.gif

you have a weird vendetta against me.

Last edited:
Have any of you seen the South Park ep where Cartman purposely eats until he's heavy enough to get a scooter? And then starts making all these wild claims and making everyone change things to suit his needs?

Its called Raising The Bar.

"In the episode, Cartman comes to accept that he is obese. However, rather than resolving to lose weight, he concludes that he is entitled to using a mobility scooter for transportation. This attitude is shamelessly embraced by other obese persons throughout the country, including reality television personality and pageant participant Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson. As standards of decency continue to deteriorate – culminating in Cartman and Honey Boo Boo being pitted against each other in a "sketti"-wrestling match on the White House South Lawn – James Cameron ventures into the ocean depths to find and raise the bar to more dignified levels."

South Park is AMAZING with da social commentary.

S16E09

it is that easy.

Will-Power.jpg

"Remember when the US said every African American was uneducated and incapable of a job with higher qualifications? That really worked out. "

That's because the United States wouldn't allow African Americans the opportunity for an education to gain the skills for that job, because of their race, not their inability to control the amount of food that they ate. It is disrespectful to compare the plight of fat people to the plight of African Americans. There are no laws or regulations keeping obese people from losing weight. We addressed this earlier.

"People with less money, have a bad diet. That causes weight gain. Is it their fault they don't make enough to afford organic meals? No, it's not. "

You don't have to eat organic to keep from being obese. You have to stop eating so many calories. Some of the posters here need to do some research on nutrition and caloric maintenance. You can lose weight without doing any excercise.

I understand what you mean, however I'm not pointing out any type of legislation. I am saying that there is a certain amount discrimination against the larger population.

And in the end, I don't understand why people let simple things like size bother them to the point of anger. Shrug, if you want to be upset over someone else's weight, more power to you,

It's only a problem when the discrimination is at a noticeable level.

But hey, if you want to argue with me over morals. That's cool. We don't have the same morals. If any, so what's arguing here going to do?

"go wrestle something"

you may not be but you must have parents or a sibling who is obese or something the way you continually try and take these childish little shots at me :lol:

maybe you're a chubby chaser, I dont know. But you seem to be really personally offended by this thread.

to the point where i just think you were lying and you really are obese yourself.

which is cool, im not making fun of you. 

not to mention i didnt even say anuthing about generalizations, Ninja did. :rofl:

you have a weird vendetta against me.

Obesity? In my family?

Of course not, I can back from the hospital two months ago. Malnourished.

But hey, call me fat. What're floats your boat.

Every fat person rolls in a scooter now too? ^
I see so everyone has the free time to go on a walk, and the money to afford a cleaner diet?

Now let me tell you about that last part. "In my opinion."

That is exactly what it is, your opinion. Every single one of you attempting to dictate and change the lives of others. That doesn't work, anywhere. The collective opinion for LGBT is that it is wrong and shouldn't be allowed. "Be straight" in other words. Just like you are saying "be skinny." And look where the LGBT community is. Fighting society in order to be able to have simple rights like a civil union.

Stop trying to "help" and let people live. I understand you lost weight, and you feel good. Hi-five. Have a cookie. Not everyone is you Steezy, don't try and change that.

Keep your opinions to yourself. (In terms of controlling people's lives so they fit your image.)

my dude im not trying to control anyone, I take care of my own body, is the only one i have and plan on not abusing it, what the next man does with his doesnt concern me, gain weight till you blow up, YOU AND THE LIKES OF THAT ORGANIZATION are the ones that are trying real hard to change how society perceives obesity, trying to turn a negative into a positive in a very ******ed way, by compensating, congratulating and LYING to obese people by saying WEIGHT is a non-factor and you can still "be well" @ 350lbs +

Back
Top Bottom