Is not giving a tip bad

u lying b.... everyone doesn't tip well, as seen in this thread :lol:

when you serving cats from the hood, dope boys, and dudes who wanna stunt they will tip very well.

I've been tipped for the stupidest things too.

i once got a $100 tip from a Polish cat because he wanted a song played and I got the DJ to play it. i was like LOLWUT.

another time after the bar closed I found an 8ball of coke and gave it to the dude who chill after hours. next week he gave me a tip bc he sold the coke lmao 

see now u giving me something to give u da benefit of da doubt for :lol:

What i find funny is that talking to some folks i know that bartend or wait tables, they look at people and pre-determine if they are going to get a good tip.

As i mentioned before they hated waiting on someone who is solo, or like you guys said black ppl dont tip. So they expect that then give subpar service.

Im like well, you want a good tip give good service. But you expecting a bad tip n giving them bad servie then they give you s*** tip ... who fault is that :lol:

What i find funny is that talking to some folks i know that bartend or wait tables, they look at people and pre-determine if they are going to get a good tip.

As i mentioned before they hated waiting on someone who is solo, or like you guys said black ppl dont tip. So they expect that then give subpar service.

Im like well, you want a good tip give good service. But you expecting a bad tip n giving them bad servie then they give you s*** tip ... who fault is that :lol:

That's where they screw up and fail to understand what's asked of them in their job. It's their job to provide decent service for everyone. Not just who they deem desirable and perceive as a good tipper.

The dude eating solo, or the black couple should receive the same quality service the well off looking white family a waiter like this would view as a priority due to perceived notions.

You took the job knowing not everyone's going to tip. But that if you're a good server, way more times than not you'll be tipped well. Any server that minimizes service due to stereotypes and perceptions should be fired.

I dont believe that the amount gratuity that someone will leave can be determined by their appearance.

That's where they screw up and fail to understand what's asked of them in their job. It's their job to provide decent service for everyone. Not just who they deem desirable and perceive as a good tipper.

The dude eating solo, or the black couple should receive the same quality service the well off looking white family a waiter like this would view as a priority due to perceived notions.

You took the job knowing not everyone's going to tip. But that if you're a good server, way more times than not you'll be tipped well. Any server that minimizes service due to stereotypes and perceptions should be fired.

I dont believe that the amount gratuity that someone will leave can be determined by their appearance.

Agreed 100% that was my point/argument with them. 1. You set yourself up for a bad tip 2. It doesnt matter how many ppl theyre with service should be equal, regardless of you think youll get a bad tip

I think more so with the solo deal is because they dont expect much since a solo meal turns in to like a 20 maybe 30 dollar meal. In their heads they deserve 20% as a base tip. So that $30 only gonna gove the $6 with 20% so i guess they feel like they dont have to work hard for the $6, while assuming the person isnt going to leave them the full 20% or more for their "good" service.

Idk i try to tell them they dont have to be tipped anyway, so stop expecting it. You do good work 95% of the time the guests will reward you accordingly

I just have a different etiquette when I go out socially to eat, unless I'm running the show (like a date with the wife or I'm treating everyone) I'm not gonna ask for no bill, I'll wait till everyone is ready and then ask "should we ask for the bill" then at that point we decide how payment will be handled, is clean, no awkwardness, no fuss....we decide amongst ourselves if it's more convenient to split one bill evenly, pay for what we consumed, have one person pay and everyone else pays them, etc...is something we decide amongst ourselves, just seems like the more adult thing to do, being out socially and finishing your meal and then asking for your own check just seems rude...at least that's how I would take it if one of my boys pulled that stunt.

l'm a grown *** man.

Aint no vote how l spend my money or when it's ok for me to leave.

Yeah...we learned the hard way not to expect any type of fairness from you when it comes to voting on things.

Op prolly listens to reggaeton

:rofl:

All l'm "supposed" to pay is the total on the bill.

Yup. If service is good i will tip. If the waiter/waitress is rude etc they not getting **** from me.

not sure why you would go through the trouble of all that extra nonsense when the waiters have the ability to split the bill.
it's their damn job...me and my boys always get separate checks.  they usually ask in the beginning if it's going to be seperate checks/orders

if they don't oh well they are gonna split it at the end

This. Not that big of a deal to split the bill

Not a big deal to split the bill. Dont do it often but its not a big deal

She was a POS waitress. Hope she didnt do nothing to your food OP

As far as tipping goes even if its bad service I leave something like 10% people gotta make cash. Always tip 25% and up for good service.

And as far as stereotypes go for tipping. Im gonna say women are the worst tippers.

I worked as a valet at a restaurant when I was 17(lied and said I was 18 and for some reason they didnt ask for my license, all I had was a junior license :lol: ) always got little or sometimes nothing from women. Once this chicks dude was embarassed so he tipped me 20 bc she was like why do I have to tip this guy to park a car its his job. Mind you she was driving a M5. His car prob but still you show up in that and you have that attitude.

Dudes pullin up in their nice cars always gave 10-20 sometimes 50. Women driving, very rare when we were tipped well. Of course men did that too but a lot of the time women were the bad tippers.

Oh and fwiw Tony Siragusa and Wayne Cherbet were scumbags. :rofl:

I will say I stayed at a hotel that had mandatory valet parking for 25 daily and did not tip ****.

Yea I supposed its one of those jobs that you would have to have done to see the other side. :lol:

Hotels in AC charge that now used to be just 5 bux to valet.

Still use it and tip well so my car stays out front.

And in case something happens its on them. Self parked, you are on your own.

Btw didnt mean to start anything just stating my experience when I was a kid lol

$10-$20 sometimes $50 to valet?

Man take these keys and this $5.00.

Man $5 for valet is a generous tip

If people think more than that is the norm then they must have millions in the bank

Most people tip a valet $1 if that :lol:

Im saying they parking the car a 12 year old can do that lol

Dudes paying 70 for the convenience of not looking for a spot smfh lol

Man $5 for valet is a generous tip

If people think more than that is the norm then they must have millions in the bank

Most people tip a valet $1 if that :lol:

When I worked valet if we averaged 5 a car it was a good night. And if not tipping means I'm broke oh well, apparently I need the money more than the server

I do the hood valet word to Atlanta and have a crackhead watch my illegally parked car

Dont let nobody valet this heavy chevy.

Ill pay the fee and park it myself, f yo tip **** boi. Probably get my **** scratched up or broken into.

Somewhat off topic but it's ridiculous to me when certain venues charge an obscene amount for parking (50-200) however they assume zero responsibility if something happens to your vehicle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom