Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

his fumble/pick ended that game
What does that mean to you?  Strip sack where Adams clearly grasped his facemask and should have been penalized.

That play negates the fact that he had to score 45 pts from the 2nd quarter on to keep the team even close to competitive? 

That game was the definition of putting the team on his back.  

If Peyton had more then 2 TDs they win that game.

He set all types of records last season and could only muster 2 TDs.

Dude called Aaron = Eli.

Should be banned on the spot.
aaron rodgers threw 45 touchdowns to 6 interceptions, had a 122.5 rating and could only muster 2 tds against a giants team

the betting line? packers -8

so yeah **** with that noise

so many excuses for aaron rodgers right now wow. double standards everywhere in here. overrated.

Last edited:
I'd take Rodgers over Manning. You can't go wrong with either, obviously....but I think Rodgers is a better QB. When it's all said and done, there's a good chance we'll be debating him as one of the 5 best to play the game as well. Just gotta wonder who gets bumped off of the QB Mt. Rushmore to make room?

This seems a bit premature, doesn't it? I mean the guy only won 1 superbowl and hasn't dominated at his position for a significant amount of time like Peyton or Brady has.

I'd say we have to revisit this conversation 5 years from now.

I chose my words very carefully. Rodgers has been dominant for a good period of time. As of right now, I think he's the best QB in the league. He's currently in his prime and there is no reason for me to believe he'll fall off, sans injury. I don't see how it's anywhere remotely close to the realm of possibility that he'll be out of the discussion for being an all-time great at his position. He's on that path right now.

Who is sackorpick? Who's backup account is it? Marley? :lol:

Does Aaron Rodgers have a track record of underperforming in the playoffs in games his team is favored to win?

No, aside from the Giants game, none of his playoff losses were to teams they had no business losing to.

Does Peyton Manning have a track record of underperforming in playoff games his team is favored to win?

Yes, and this is over the course of his career. 2-4 in home games after the bye, a 41-0 road loss to a 9-7 jets team mixed in there etc.

Now if Rodgers underperforms at home in the playoffs in January then perhaps the signs of it being a habit are there but for now I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt.

Who is sackorpick? Who's backup account is it? Marley?
laugh.gif
I'm 65% sure I know who it is, but I have no way of confirming. 

I think some of y'all know my Spidey sense usually never fails me. 
nerd.gif

Peyton manning is basically 'The Wire'.

People call it the GOAT series?

How can it be the goat series when majority of people hate 2 of the 5 seasons.

NFL regular season is 85% of the football played

2 of 5 seasons is 40%....so the numbers don't match on that comparison

Post season football is more important....

I mean it only leads to a championship.

But so many right things have to happen in such a short amount of time for teams to win the Super Bowl.

Rings are very important in terms of a metric to gauge the quality of a player, but we've fallen too far into the hole of this aspect and we use it as a crutch now to justify if something is great or not.

You have to look at the bigger picture here.

But so many right things have to happen in such a short amount of time for teams to win the Super Bowl.

Rings are very important in terms of a metric to gauge the quality of a player, but we've fallen too far into the hole of this aspect and we use it as a crutch now to justify if something is great or not.

It's a circular discussion, because there are people on the other side of the coin who cite the lack of postseason success as not that important when looking at the big picture. I think people are entrenched in their POVs on this one and will be hard to sway.

It's a circular discussion, because there are people on the other side of the coin who cite the lack of postseason success as not that important when looking at the big picture. I think people are entrenched in their POVs on this one and will be hard to sway.

No denying that one. Some people have a stronger emphasis on post-season success and others don't.

I do believe Peyton needs to win 2 more Super Bowls in order to be GOAT. Someone like him just can't have 1 Super Bowl win. He's def not overrated though.

Last edited:
Regarding post season, If the NFL was like baseball before the wild card addition where only 4 teams in the entire league made it, you could kinda downplay the impact of the playoffs. Remember 100 win teams (93 sf giants) missed the playoffs with the 2nd best record in the league but played in a Divison with a team who won 101 games or so.

In the NFL, 12 teams make it to the playoffs each year. Won't be surprised if that number increases soon. In a pass happy league, its highly likely that a good qb will get you to the playoffs and have consistent opportunities.

Playoffs isn't the end all be all, but it is something of relevance in my eyes when considering the goat quarterback talk.

I have always said it that both are important when talking about legacies/HOF/etc.  But I weigh a QB that has had a ton of regular season accomplishments and no postseason accomplishments much higher than a QB who has little regular season accomplishments but has postseason accomplishments.

Dan Marino > Ben Roethlisberger (yes I am aware they are not on the same planet as far as skill set, but its the first example that comes to mind)

I have always said it that both are important when talking about legacies/HOF/etc.  But I weigh a QB that has had a ton of regular season accomplishments and no postseason accomplishments much higher than a QB who has little regular season accomplishments but has postseason accomplishments.

Dan Marino > Ben Roethlisberger (yes I am aware they are not on the same planet as far as skill set, but its the first example that comes to mind)

So, based off that logic, you're trying to say Peyton > Brady :nerd:

So, what's the over/under that Wes Welker is going to have a monster game against the Patriots next week?

Back
Top Bottom