Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

The "team sport" argument seems to be the norm when discussing Peyton Manning and his playoff failures.

NFC was just so much better back then. I thight for sure he had XXV. Once he hit Dallas teams there was no shot

I don't know if Id say NFC was so much better

The AFC played a style of ball that wasn't suited for the playoffs

It's seemed like a lot AFC teams built around their quarterbacks passing attack...Elway, Kelly,Marino, Kozar, Moon, Boomer, O'Brien

While the NFC teams wanted to run the ball to set up the passing game while the 49ers were the exception but they had ball control passing attack

Last edited:
NFC was just so much better back then. I thight for sure he had XXV. Once he hit Dallas teams there was no shot

It's seemed like a lot AFC teams built around their quarterbacks passing attack...Elway, Kelly,Marino, Kozar, Moon, Boomer, O'Brien

While the NFC teams wanted to run the ball to set up the passing game while the 49ers were the exception but they had ball control passing attack

Thurman Thomas was a monster. Kelly had a run game at his disposal. Bills had the giants sb but wash and dallas were just too powerful. They were never inthose two sbs against dallas. Not even close.

There's a reason the NFC won 16-20 and many were blowouts. That conference was ridiculous in the 80s/90s

Thurman Thomas was a monster. Kelly had a run game at his disposal. Bills had the giants sb but wash and dallas were just too powerful. They were never inthose two sbs against dallas. Not even close.

Yes Bills had Thurman Thomas but they wanted to score fast (K-Gun) they weren't interested in ball control like the NFC teams

The Cowboys were far superior to the Bills though

Yes Bills had Thurman Thomas but they wanted to score fast (K-Gun) they weren't interested in ball control like the NFC teams

The Cowboys were far superior to the Bills though

Nobody was ready for dem boys. They prolly win 4 straight if SF doesnt get primetime in 94.

The "team sport" argument seems to be the norm when discussing Peyton Manning and his playoff failures.

sure is . its hard to argue in the same breath how impactful Peyton is and how he essentially becomes the OC when leading a team , and that his horrendous playoff record is a result of his teams not being able to deliver

as the QB , especially one people argue may be the best of all time , you have to be able to consistently put the team on your back in big moments . Brady on Saturday against the Ravens put the team on his back in the 2nd half . the pats didnt hand the ball off once , being down 14 points against the Ravens and their pass rush . Peyton has historically **** the bed in the playoffs and has not been able to elevate his team to get wins against often times lower ranked teams

he has more one and dones than Brady has total losses in the playoffs for crying out loud ...

frown.gif

It's over man. 

Peyton was the Undertaker at WM XXX. Just doesn't have it :frown:

Last edited:
Your expectations of a new quarterback are way too high. He doesn't need to win ROY to be a better QB in the long term, and even if teddy is better, it doesn't make him garbage. Also I'm really not believing that 'QB makes the weapons' line. Only Rodgers and Brady come to mind as of late, everyone else has help, whereas Carr genuinely does not.

Your expectations of a new quarterback are way too high. He doesn't need to win ROY to be a better QB in the long term, and even if teddy is better, it doesn't make him garbage. Also I'm really not believing that 'QB makes the weapons' line. Only Rodgers and Brady come to mind as of late, everyone else has help, whereas Carr genuinely does not.

If you were a Raider fan you would know how much undeserved hype he gets. I been following the Raiders since Marinovich and no QB has gotten so much praise for doing so little. The guy is boring to watch and based on his brother's experience is afraid to throw deep or hold to the ball and make plays. His bread and butter are 3-5 yard completions that pad his stats and garbage time TDs when the second team defense is out there.

Anyway...back to Peyton Manning.

Come to Oaktown Peyton and #parktheCarr

I know i know...not gonna happne

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom