Is the Bronx an ok place?

People keep saying this but doesn't make sense to me. How do you not look like a victim?
looking scary. If someone look at you, you quick to turn away etc. As my man said above, you going to walk through some situations where the odds aren't in your favor, but never lose your composure. The earth wasn't made for them alone to exist in.

Last edited:
Not gonna front, I lived here in Brooklyn my whole life, been to the Bronx maybe about 6x at most. Ain't nothing out there unless you trying to get a bad Dominican chick out there. Maybe a few parties but that's about it for me.

I want a bad dominican the bronx wouldnt be my first stop. I'm going straight to the source, da heightz. Now if I want a bad puerto rican....

My migente profile during 2002-05ish can confirm this :nthat:

MiGente was lit in the early '00s.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Not gonna front, I lived here in Brooklyn my whole life, been to the Bronx maybe about 6x at most. Ain't nothing out there unless you trying to get a bad Dominican chick out there. Maybe a few parties but that's about it for me.

I want a bad dominican the bronx wouldnt be my first stop. I'm going straight to the source, da heightz. Now if I want a bad puerto rican....

The bronx has a great mix of latin/caribbean women, but you're right. Da heightz is like the promised land for fine *** Dominican women. Between there and Hampton U was the largest concentration of bad ******* i've come across in one area.

No he Bronx is still stuck in the 90's. Them dudes step to anybody soft or not and you coming from out of town.... Food!

and them young boys in les will take take everything you got on you including sneakers. Don't sleep there's a side of the les white folks don't wander. Les to white folks is Chinatown/fake little Italy but alphabet city is still with Puerto Rican filled housing projects.

Last edited:
No he Bronx is still stuck in the 90's. Them dudes step to anybody soft or not and you coming from out of town.... Food!

and them young boys in les will take take everything you got on you including sneakers. Don't sleep there's a side of the les white folks don't wander. Les to white folks is Chinatown/fake little Italy.
Very accurate.

SMH....in the Bronx all my life (born, raised west farms/east tremont/180th) live in Pelham now which is not bad at all (them Albanians holdin it down, but I'm good $)....Bronx ain't wild as dudes portray, dudes just soft. I ain't been got since age 12 for my kicks...smh

If I want a bad Puerto Rican I'm still not going to the Bronx. I'm going to el barrio/Spanish Harlem
I've never been able to put my finger on it but spanish harlem puerto ricans and south bronx puerto ricans are just.......different. I can't explain it.

El Barrio is...different now. There's still pockets, but man has that area changed. The 96th street dividing line moved up to about 106th street.

I was walking through Spanish Harlem last Thursday on my way to my sister's house. Outdoor dining and ****.
eyes.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Aha thanks for the input guys...

I've been to Flatbush late at night with 3 fob Asian girls, and the dude we met up with told us to not act wild or people would test us( rob us)...is Flatbush and the Bronx about the same?

Last edited:

El Barrio is...different now. There's still pockets, but man has that area changed. The 96th street dividing line moved up to about 106th street.

I was walking through Spanish Harlem last Thursday on my way to my sister's house. Outdoor dining and ****.
eyes.gif
mean.gif

96th street always amazed me how I could just cross the street and be in a completely different environment.

Went from ****** mean mugging and clutching da musket to white women mean mugging and clutching the purse in seconds 
laugh.gif

Aint spent too much time around there the past few years but last time I was there just going through spots I used to hang out in middleschool and was like "damn 
mean.gif
"

Little coffee shops and pastry places and other artisanal **** popping up everywhere. Never thought they'd even dream of gentrifying there.
Flatbush and Bronx totally different. Nothing alike
When my momma moved us to the bronx from flatbush I HATED it. Spent every weekend I could with my aunt in flatbush 
laugh.gif
 A very different feel than anywhere in the bronx. 

Aha thanks for the input guys...

I've been to Flatbush late at night with 3 fob Asian girls, and the dude we met up with told us to not act wild or people would test us( rob us)...is Flatbush and the Bronx about the same?
You were with three Asian girls, FOB,  in Flathbush? That doesn't even sound right. If you said Queens, maybe Flushing yeah. Not Flatbush, y'all must've been on a drug mission.

Nah, Flatbush is safe now. It's more like the Alphabets.

I've never been able to put my finger on it but spanish harlem puerto ricans and south bronx puerto ricans are just.......different. I can't explain it.
Spanish Harlem females are more Mahnattanized as far as culture, they're more refined.

BX Puerto Ricans are more rough around the edges, they'll slap box with while cooking breakfast.

Their idea of getting pretty is buying one of those hoochie dresses next door to Fabco where there's strollers and mops hanging from the canopy. 

They can roll your blunts, change baby diapers, and throw a chancletas like boomerangs at a kid for acting up...all while on the phone with the cable company.

...BX Puerto Rican girls if they're down for you, would be the most down for you. So much so you'd probably catch a beatdown for doing her wrong.

Spanish Harlem girls will pretty much drop you if you're denied access to the club or you don't have your own table with bottle service.

Born & still living in the X, i feel like i can't give a proper scope because quite honestly all things other people may frown at i've grown so accustom too. BX differs A lot tho, IMO south Bronx & North Bronx might as well be two different boroughs.

Truthfully you not looking hood or from out of the area actually helps IMO, dudes know that robbing someone not from the environment will lead to automatic police involvement. They would much rather risk aiming for someone who looks like they grew up in the hood and won't be as inclined to call the cops

That's crazy Based Jesus Based Jesus ....my parents moved me from Flatbush to the BX too.

Would still spend a lot of weekends in BK hanging with family. To be honest I definitely prefer BK to the BX even though I spent most of my life in the Bronx.

Y'all ain't lying about the LES either. I like to hang around by the bars and lounges there but they definitely got spots that are pretty much frozen in time.

Last edited:

eyes.gif
mean.gif

96th street always amazed me how I could just cross the street and be in a completely different environment.

Went from ****** mean mugging and clutching da musket to white women mean mugging and clutching the purse in seconds 
laugh.gif
Always amazed me too. We'd always take that walk to 86th street to just stroll around the area, and it was crazy how that close it was a completely different world. I'm glad I got that experience though, because I already knew what was out there and I got to feel that prejudice early.

I tell this story every time this discussion comes up, but about 10 years ago I was heading to one of my boys' houses. He still lived in Spanish Harlem at the time. On 101st street, so right by that divider.

Sitting in front of his building, and white folks are looking at me weird. Closing the front door behind them.

It bothers me to this day. To come back to the place you grew up and be basically told 'you don't belong here' was insane. This is the same area, a few years before, where fiends were dozing off in front of Children's Aid Society. Gentrification is real as ****, man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom