Is the Bronx an ok place?

How is the les bad? I was staying on Bowerey st by China town when I visited....it seemed mad gentrified
That area is decent on some east village ****.

The bad spots are Baruch or Jacob Riis projects or up avenue C and D into the 3-12 streets. A a yungin i never ventured out there dolo and especially colombia street. Dudes stay busting guns into the air for no reason. 

That area is decent on some east village ****.

The bad spots are Baruch or Jacob Riis projects or up avenue C and D into the 3-12 streets. A a yungin i never ventured out there dolo and especially colombia street. Dudes stay busting guns into the air for no reason. 
Meh, Baruch projects seemed alright. I've been over there a few times walking dolo.

Im from Columbia st. and use to stay in masryk towers. baruch is calmer than most hood but still the hood none the less. Last time I was in the lower they was cleaning up the entire area.

According to street easy, bx sales have gone up 35%..they do got some nice old school houses when u look around.

Bronx
smokin.gif

Parkchester
smokin.gif
ayyyye we close b 
pimp.gif

Just read in the paper that they had a gang crackdown and arrested close to 100 gang members....so it's safe now right lol.

L.E.S nowadays is way better than it was in the 80s and the 90s

It's one of my favorite places to hang out now :lol: :nerd:

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who grew up in east ny, Brooklyn lol

Last edited:
Where in the bronx will your workplace be? 

I grew up in the bx for over 20 years and I would not suggest living there. It was a huge reality check when I found out in high school that not everyone got robbed/jumped once in their life. I grew up in both the bad spots (bedford pk) and the good areas (riverdale) and I got jumped many times in both places. I remember getting jumped on my way home with my brother when I was in the 1st grade. I got robbed/jumped many times after that and I got held gunpoint by stick up kids when I was in high school. I know of some dude who got murdered in the good area where I used to live. I remember if I stayed out late, I wouldn't even return back home...I would just sleep over at my friend's house. If you don't know your way around the bronx, I really wouldn't recommend living there. 

There are places that are safer than others like pelham and riverdale. If I were in your shoes, I would try and find a studio in riverdale. The downside is that there are no subway trains nearby and the only way to get to the nearest subway is to either walk or take the bus to 231st, which is a POS area where it can get very shady late at night. I went back to that area and my old neighborhood recently and it still looks super shady....although it did seem to have gotten somewhat better. 

If you have any questions, I can provide honest answers 

The south bronx is a cesspool. Alot of kids from single parent households that think they're gangsta till they get locked up and become someone's booty toy

Shootings in broad daylight is common and innocent people minding their business get caught in the crossfire.

Been living in NYC since 97. The safest borough ranking is staten>manhattan>queens>brooklyn>bronx

Last edited:
Def get a whip though, you don't want to be out late without a whip. Daytime to work is cool, but night time moving around clubs and parties you're gonna want a quick getaway. Bx never really got down with the open lace sneaker ****, had to scatter too many times.

Last edited:
I love my birthplace. Crotona Park is where I used to live, but when I visit, my grandma lives on 174 :pimp: I've walked in the Bronx at 12-1 am and felt safer than I do here in Tampa :lol: then my uncle lives in hunts point and we would get to his crib at 2-3 am from the Dominican clubs :lol:

Last edited:
Bronx now aint what it was during the 90s(no spots borough to borough are to keep it a stack) youll come online to different spots & see that select crowd thatll try to gas sh*t up & make it out to seem like vietnam...its not, do certain sht happen yeah(like anywhere else) mind ya business & youll be aight more times than not ...im from the bx /lived in alotta spots from uptown down to courtlandt ave area ....would i suggest a dude move there? If u got something lined up to make money of course but if a person tryna make ends meet that aint the spot to do so..go to another borough personally speaking i think queens the best spot for a person moving to the city to go to & being able to avoid the nonsense (other than cost of living)...sh*t is aight to go visit from time to time but alotta spots is boring now after a few hours

Its not even close.....
Stop cappin, my man's was at a kids birthday party in da bronx broad day light. And they were bucking shots. No one got hurt. This circa 2011, homie told me he ain't never taking that train uptown. Never!!

Last time I went too the Bronx y'all have more crack heads per square footage compared to roughtest part of Brooklyn.

Back
Top Bottom