Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

but question to AKsuited, how old are you? Serious question. No wrong answer here. Just wondering. No shade coming your way.

I tend to think the younger generation likes the newer shape. I'm turning 40 in August, so i grew up with the old "normal" shape. But I've met younger cats who like the newer shape.

I just don't think there's any comparison to old shape vs. new. I'm not one of those OG snobs either.

You guys should see my pair of 2012 fr 4s lol. I swear the tongue sticks up like 4 inches past the collar of the shoe. Its ridiculous.

casper90403 casper90403 Not the dude you were asking, but i'm 22 myself, and as someone who's never seen the OG in person and can therefore only base things off the current mold, I like the current one they're using. At least for the pairs I have anyways. :lol: Never given me any problems.

Last edited:
casper90403 casper90403 Not the dude you were asking, but i'm 22 myself, and as someone who's never seen the OG in person and can therefore only base things off the current mold, I like the current one they're using. At least for the pairs I have anyways. :lol: Never given me any problems.

I dont blame you for liking the current model at all, you don't know any better. Saying that in the most non-disrespectable way I can. :D

At the end of the day, the shoe looks good on your feet. There have only been a few releases I've truly been disappointed in, but most of it had to do with leather. It hasn't caused me to not buy a Jordan retro because of the shape. I buy shoes because it brings back memories, and because I couldn't get my favorite jordans as a kid (Mom wasn't having none of that), until I used my own money and copped white 4's. I will remember forever the day i begged Moms for the black and red 1's back when they first released, back when i was in 6th grade. I think they were $50 (?). Might as well been $500. She gave me a look and I left the store with some $20 reeboks.

IDK man...I know I'm in the minority...but I like the new shape better. The quality and materials and colors were waaaaaaay better though. I'll never argue against that.

View media item 1090462

View media item 1090454

i know what u mean. And if we look at them objectively, the 2012 retro has a more normal shape for a sneaker while the ogs and 1999 retros were more bulky, looking more like a skater shoe than a bball shoe.
nevertheless, nike/jb should stay true to their original design in terms of shape and details.
Especially in terms of toe box, let's say the aj3, 4, 5 and even the air max sc.

but question to AKsuited, how old are you? Serious question. No wrong answer here. Just wondering. No shade coming your way.

I tend to think the younger generation likes the newer shape. I'm turning 40 in August, so i grew up with the old "normal" shape. But I've met younger cats who like the newer shape.

I just don't think there's any comparison to old shape vs. new. I'm not one of those OG snobs either.
I'm def an older cat...the Black/red 4 was my first J. But like Jumpman cbt2 said...the shoe, in my opinion, is just too aesthetically bulky for my taste these days. The old shape, while looked perfect in 1989, just looks too bulky like a skate shoe to me, today.

Kind of like how in 2000, all of us were dressing in baggy polos, tees shirts, and baggy jeans. At the time it just looked and felt right, but today it just looks and feels silly.

I just prefer the slimmer profile of the modern retro Jordans. I def miss having durabuck on this black/red 4 though. It was nice seeing it make an appearance on the Charcoal 7s this last time they retroed.

I would also like to add that I like the new trend of having the sockliner on the tongue being visible from the front of the tongue, how it rolls over the top some. It's a nice touch and adds a border, and a splash of color, to the tongue. THe old way doesn't look as nicely finished to me.

Last edited:
I'll never understand the shape police, because you don't look at kicks from the side. The only issue is how long the toe box looks on some of them.

I'll never understand the shape police, because you don't look at kicks from the side. The only issue is how long the toe box looks on some of them.
I get it, and its not that big of a deal to me BUT I get tired of reading about it over and over it is what it is just like quality. Gripe and complain all they want but they still get bought

I'll be in London/Pairs when these release, if one of the homies can't hold me down, will just have to pay resale, should be only few dollars over retail, im thinking.

8.5, I took it right over the shoe. I'll take a few more shots later. These might have a RD Change. For some reason we got them a month early.

The no filter pic looks good. Can't wait. Does anyone use their phone to cop on release date with good results?

Back
Top Bottom