Keith Olbermann Get Emotional After Prop. 8 Vol. I'm Speechless.

I accidentally voted yes on prop 8, after filling out my ballot for like the 3rd time (me being an idiot, FTL). I honestly didn't think it would bother meat the moment, but I truly felt like an %$! for the rest of the day.

...I initially thought I didn't care either way, however as time passed, I began to develop the same sentiments which Olbermann shared...Its all abouthappiness. And I'll be damned if anyone tried to take away what made me happy in life.

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by MrBen23

Is Keith gay? I seriously don't know.
smh.gif

Can't someone defend gays and not be gay?
no
He isn't defending their lifestyle, but their rights as human beings fool. Wait does that also make him gay?

indifferent.gif

Even I agree that they should be able 2 marry each otha...don't support or condone the lifestyle, but if they wanna spend the rest of they life withanother dude, that's they business, I guess...

don't support or condone the lifestyle
Never understood why somebody had to say this sort of thing... as though people are going to assume you are gay for saying you support gaymarriage. Or why they feel the need to preface everything this way - to come out and say "hey you aren't living a lifestyle i approve of", asthough anybody cares what you do or don't approve as a lifestyle choice. It's not an illegal activity - it's not a question of ethics.

let them get married. there is no slippery slope. this is an injustice to anyone who detests discrimination.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Never understood why somebody had to say this sort of thing... as though people are going to assume you are gay for saying you support gay marriage. Or why they feel the need to preface everything this way - to come out and say "hey you aren't living a lifestyle i approve of", as though anybody cares what you do or don't approve as a lifestyle choice. It's not an illegal activity - it's not a question of ethics.

ARE YOU GAY OR SOMETHING DUDE???
/16 year old NT'er

Seriousl I don't understand this one either, you really need to tell a message board that you're not gay. People like this guy are why prop 8didn't get passed.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by roback1991

It's akin to kids fighting over some toy and not willing to share it. What's the best way to solve that problem? Just take the toy away. No one gets to have it. Problem solved.
laugh.gif
Not exactly...

More like Kid A (no Radiohead) has the toy, and won't let Kid B play with it.

Kid B doesn't want to take the toy away, just have the same fun Kid A is.
Well technically Kid A (religious folks) had the toy first.
laugh.gif

This is why separation of Church and State was mandated. Marriage is a religious institution with fancy ceremonies that promoted social structure and order. Let the religious folks have it.
This became a problem when the states and feds started tacking on all these "rights' unto marriage.

The less private matters that the state is involved in the better.
agreed. it ought to be separated.....

but as it is now, i have no issue with people voting against gay marriage. in reference to the Kid A and Kid B thing. It's like Kid A has a blue toy truck.and kid B wants to play too, so Kid A is forced to share it but not only that, paint half of the truck pink....if you were Kid A, would you want that when youwent and made that toy for yourself 100 years ago?

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

It's akin to kids fighting over some toy and not willing to share it. What's the best way to solve that problem? Just take the toy away. No one gets to have it. Problem solved.
laugh.gif
Not exactly...

laugh.gif

This is why separation of Church and State was mandated. Marriage is a religious institution with fancy ceremonies that promoted social structure and order. Let the religious folks have it.
This became a problem when the states and feds started tacking on all these "rights' unto marriage.

but as it is now, i have no issue with people voting against gay marriage. in reference to the Kid A and Kid B thing. It's like Kid A has a blue toy truck. and kid B wants to play too, so Kid A is forced to share it but not only that, paint half of the truck pink....if you were Kid A, would you want that when you went and made that toy for yourself 100 years ago?
I guess we should have never painted the truck BLACK then, right?

laugh.gif
Not exactly...

laugh.gif

but as it is now, i have no issue with people voting against gay marriage. in reference to the Kid A and Kid B thing. It's like Kid A has a blue toy truck. and kid B wants to play too, so Kid A is forced to share it but not only that, paint half of the truck pink....if you were Kid A, would you want that when you went and made that toy for yourself 100 years ago?
Agreed - but the answer still remains, take the truck away.

laugh.gif
Not exactly...

laugh.gif

As Olbermann stated, marriage has been redefined many times throughout American history. Its been altered before, as recently as the late60's. So...what are you saying? As Olbermann also states...what business is it of yours what someone else is doing in their personal life? It doesn'taffect anyone else. All about a bunch of religious-zealots always wanting to have their agenda forced upon everyone else. That and intolerant people notwanting another group to get theirs. Sad people can't just live and let live...

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Never understood why somebody had to say this sort of thing... as though people are going to assume you are gay for saying you support gay marriage. Or why they feel the need to preface everything this way - to come out and say "hey you aren't living a lifestyle i approve of", as though anybody cares what you do or don't approve as a lifestyle choice. It's not an illegal activity - it's not a question of ethics.

Exactly. I never understood that either. Like...who asked YOU in the first place if you approve of what someone else is doing with their life. People are toodamn worried about everyone else's personal life. Live and let live, life is too short to worry about taking someone else's piece of the pie away...

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Olbermann once again makes a great point.
pimp.gif
SMH at people who vote for Obama because they wanted change and what they call "a equal chance" but for Prop 8 that denies another group of people equal rights. There is not ONE good reason why homosexuals should don't be able to marry.
people that voted for obama aren't being hypocritical....didn;t obama himself say during the debate that he was against gay marriage?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The hypocrisy of black people voting for this ban.......[/color]
mad.gif

keith needs to chill. he got way too serious in that video, and it was annoying how he kept changing angles. plus hes a tool

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The hypocrisy of black people voting for this ban.......[/color]
mad.gif

black people make up 6% of california's population, and even less of its electorate

Originally Posted by bbanks707

keith needs to chill. he got way too serious in that video, and it was annoying how he kept changing angles. plus hes a tool
Thanks for your intelligent opinion.

Originally Posted by 718stylez

mad.gif
black people make up 6% of california's population, and even less of its electorate

That was not my point. The point made by Keith is a point ive always made to my black friends and relatives who don't support gay marriage. Ata time in this country black people couldn't marry. And interracial marriages were illegal. What makes gay civil rights less worth fighting for than blackcivil rights. smh
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom