Learning To Drive A Stick Shift Unnapreciation.

I always thought the +@@! was gon be easy.....
smh.gif

my brother has been trying to teach me but I'm lazy and it seems like too much work

it's easy, but if u live in san francisco it is impossible to drive stick. its dangerous too if u stall on hills.

i'm tryna learn how to drive stick soon...

Anyone out there that didn't stall their first time trying it out?

Not really. Just gotta worry about getting out of 1st gear. The rest is simple.

Driving on hills really isn't that hard. Just use the ebrake method.

It is easy. Only think that's hard is dead stop to a rolling start. Every clutch is different just need to get a feel for how far you need to release toget the car moving.

Originally Posted by psykhO

i'm tryna learn how to drive stick soon...

Anyone out there that didn't stall their first time trying it out?
i didnt, but my 2nd time i did
laugh.gif

i guess i thought about it too much

i dont stall no more, but its not as smooth as id like it to be

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

it's easy, but if u live in san francisco it is impossible to drive stick. its dangerous too if u stall on hills.

I agree. I don't know how my friends do it.

after just my first time, i think i'm done teaching people how to drive standard in my car. my car still had the original clutch in it and it still grabbedgood. after one afternoon of teaching my cousin how to drive, my clutch is pretty much done for, releases really high and transmission tunnel felt pretty hotnear my feet. flywheel is probably scorched too. even when I get a new clutch, no more teaching for me, although I know I'm a good teacher. good luck toyou guys learning...just make sure you don't ride the clutch (keeping the clutch depressed for too long)

Originally Posted by hellaones

my brother has been trying to teach me but I'm lazy and it seems like too much work
I hope you, and everyone else that is complaining about learning to drive a manual is a woman
roll.gif

Impossible to drive stick in SF? Please

There are a lot of hills in san francisco and you might stall. I learned here so everywhere else is practically cake. Honda's are generally easier forbeginners, cus you could feel the clutch a little better. IMO.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

why is it hard to drive stick in san francisco?

unless u do the e-brake method you will most likely roll back on every hill u drive in SF

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I taught myself in like 2 hours, it is easy

I bought my Mustang without really knowing how to drive stick. The dealer who sold it to me taught me how before the test drive, simply just showed me in thelot and then I drove off for the test drive.
laugh.gif

I test drove it, and then brought that bad boy home. Easy Peasy.

Just learning right now, I stalled it a couple of times and its frustrating for sure hopefully it wont be so bad with more practice.

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

I hope you, and everyone else that is complaining about learning to drive a manual is a woman
roll.gif

Less talk more pics of your new girlfriend @ this moment. LOLZ.

Driving stick in SF is cake. People making it seem like its damn near impossible.

i drove once on the chicago streets with my bro's car and it was not easy.

It's "easy" to learn how... it isn't a complicated process at all, but it just takes practice to get the feeling. You should be comfortableenough to drive after a few days max.

I tried to teach my Ex how to drive one..it ended in a fight which has now led to a break up.. I think imma get a auto from now on

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

roll.gif

Less talk more pics of your new girlfriend @ this moment. LOLZ.

Driving stick in SF is cake. People making it seem like its damn near impossible.

laugh.gif

But yea people making excuses for simple things FTL. Trying to rationalize their failure
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I tried to teach my Ex how to drive one..it ended in a fight which has now led to a break up.. I think imma get a auto from now on

that's just all kinds of stupid right there.

Back
Top Bottom