Lil Wayne : "Flat Out, I Don't like NY"

^ It may have not been the culture at the time but look what happened to the east coast...

Dudes content started changing up real quick...

I think everything happens for a reason, and I think when people say that, you're not supposed to leave it at, 'Everything happens for a reason.' I believe everything happens for a reason and then you make the most of that reason. I think we made the most of it last week."

wut

^ It may have not been the culture at the time but look what happened to the east coast...
Dudes content started changing up real quick...

I wouldn't say quick. It took over a decade for rappers to emulate that "gangsta" facade and for that blood/crip culture to touchdown.

So then take that NYY logo bite off the back of your cd's and from around your neck.
Son took his bar structure, profession, and clothing style from a city he doesnt like.
Wayne is a clown.

okay...but he still doesn't like the CITY OF NEW YORK AND HOW THEY HAVE TREATED HIM! He doesn't care about that...he got locked up THERE. Nicki got disrespected THERE. Everybody's haters THERE. what does clothes, bars, and other RAP STUFF have to do w/ REAL LIFE problems that make him not **** w/ the city? please...tell me. But you know what? scratch that. i have one thing to make your argument crumble: The YM logo, him jocking dipset swag (because he's definitely a skateboard, Oddfuture lookin ***** now), and his bar structure he modeled after them, this happened BEFORE he was locked up. Before all that bag checking stuff he was talking about in a couple interviews. B E F O R E.

i'm not mad. capitalization was solely for emphasis

roll.gif

NY MAD

Nobody in NY was doing gangster music before the west coast did it...that's pretty much a fact.

2 words

Just ICE

#stopit5

and ICE T, da VERY FIRST gangsta rapper in LA basically cosigns that back in da day you HAD to go to da east to get da cosign to even rap period...i mean what part of NY INVENTED HIPHOP dont alot of ya understand?

check out da art of rap...BREAKS this all down.

and LIL wayne is foolish..it took a MASSIVE cosign from diplomats for NY to even take him seriously after all that wobble wobble non sense.

Last edited:
:smh: Who hurt you all?

Southern cats been hating on NY longer than the other way around.

Its funny that they can't see it.

Can't call it but it does seem like resentment towards NY legacy or something.

Ain't heard a New Yorker hate on the South since the early 2000s but y'all dudes be going hard.

*shrugs*

Last edited:
When NWA dropped in 88 nobody was doing music like that on the East Coast...

Same when Cube dropped AmerKKKa's most wanted...
Why would anyone on the east rap about gang life when that wasn't the culture out there. As far as "politically conscious and tale from the hood" check PE, Just Ice, phillie's Schooly D(who's song PSK is considered the first gangsta rap record) and even The Hilltop Hustlas(Cool C, Steady B etc.) or even King Sun who was rumored to have penned a good portion of AMW, which was almost entirely produced by The Bomb Squad.

Your right about nothing comparing to NWA or Ice T, but they were not the first.
100x100px-LS-23d064b5_sendavy.gif

^^ check da production credits of Ice Cube's debut solo....straight PE production.

"i wanna know if ICE Cube is sucking so much East coast **** can he come eat some of this chicago ****"

and that was a diss coming STRAIGHT from his former NWA bandmates.

Southern cats been hating on NY longer than the other way around.
Its funny that they can't see it.
Can't call it but it does seem like resentment towards NY legacy or something.
Ain't heard a New Yorker hate on the South since the early 2000s but y'all dudes be going hard.
*shrugs*
I always hear the south is wack, they're late, they're country, they're jacking etc. etc...

I can hardly recall unprovoked hate from the south directed at the north.

That disregard from the north is what spawned that great independent spirit in the southern music scene

Last edited:
I always hear the south is wack, they're late, they're country, they're jacking etc. etc...
I can hardly recall unprovoked hate from the south directed at the north.
That disregard from the north is what spawned that great independent spirit in the southern music scene

Just look at this thread.

Cats hate on everything from NY been that way for a while.

Doesn't really bother me cause I seen how that hate comes back around...and it will happen to the South soon when the focus shifts to Chicago or LA.

Last edited:

A COMPLEX LIST from 2010, with 2008 quotes from 50 and Saigon...Charles Hamilton talking about Souljah Boy and Sean Price jokes?

Thats the same type **** Vibe did that allowed BIG and Pac to get assassinated.

NY _s been rocking with the South heavy for a minute. Did you not see Jeezy get the most love at Summer Jam? Even in 95 Outkast and JD and Luke and Geto Boys got nothing but respect in NY.

All you hear is Ross in the streets out here nowadays. Ain't nobody got time to sit around and talk about the south.

To keep it funky the genre has picked up some musical wave and energy from the south but it has also been watered down a whole lot since its been down there lot but it is what it is. Everything goes in cycles.

Last edited:
I only posted that list in response to saying the south been hating on NY longer.
I can't think of any artist from the South that hated on NY when it wasn't warranted.

Why are dudes from the south so hurt? I've heard people from the DMV, Philly, Cali, and pretty much every other region say that y'all can't dress, your music is garbage, and all those other stereotypes, but of course New York gets the entire blame.

Why are dudes from the south so hurt? I've heard people from the DMV, Philly, Cali, and pretty much every other region say that y'all can't dress, your music is garbage, and all those other stereotypes, but of course New York gets the entire blame.

Those are opinions, everyone has one

exactly there just opinions but you dont see anybody having press conferences about it asking for apologies and as far as

other regions saying down south is wack dmv and philly is in the same category as ny because they are not doing much either

(some good spitters from there) but are not as much relevant as NY

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212 View Post

Originally Posted by ItzJono

exactly there just opinions but you dont see anybody having press conferences about it asking for apologies and as far as
other regions saying down south is wack dmv and philly is in the same category as ny because they are not doing much either
(some good spitters from there) but are not as much relevant as NY

I get what ur sayin, but what are u worried about your from the south, this isn't the civil war :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom