Lil Wayne : "Flat Out, I Don't like NY"

This topic really tells me that people can't read nowadays. Or can read but just are too fast to think about what they read.

When NWA dropped in 88 nobody was doing music like that on the East Coast...

Same when Cube dropped AmerKKKa's most wanted...name a rapper on the east coast before NWA and Cube who was politically conscious and also telling about tales from the hood?

Who was saying **** tha police before the west coast did it? What rapper on the east was rapping about gang life and hood horrors before Ice T did it on Rhyme Pays?

Kool G Rap's first album Road to Riches was nothing like anything you heard on the west coast, he might of told you he was on the corner selling rocks, but that was nothing compared to the way NWA, Ice-T, and the west coast did it.
Kool G had better venacular and word play. Listen to first Nig@ by Kool G. Ofcourse NWA, Ice T, Cube, Spice said **** the police in hood terminlogy(via a hood thug perspective). Kool G did out on some mafioso John Gotti ****. Kool G rap  Streets of New York addressed certain social issues in the hood. Should I point you Krs One or Public?

2 words

Just ICE

#stopit5

and ICE T, da VERY FIRST gangsta rapper in LA basically cosigns that back in da day you HAD to go to da east to get da cosign to even rap period...i mean what part of NY INVENTED HIPHOP dont alot of ya understand?

check out da art of rap...BREAKS this all down.

and LIL wayne is foolish..it took a MASSIVE cosign from diplomats for NY to even take him seriously after all that wobble wobble non sense.

Man hip hop is just another form of spoken word, expression. Kool Herc from Jamaica is credited for that...It's not even about Wayne in the grand scheme of things because we're talking about dudes from every region having love for the east, but then dudes on the east always have this superiority complex when it comes to accepting other regions outside of their own.

You can go listen to Ice-T in the beef series and he tells you east coast was making party music...from KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane, and Rakim, who are legendary rhymers, but none of their **** touched on anything like that coming out the west.

The east invented that, "yes yes ya'll, you don't stop rap", and then transitioned to more complex rhyme schemes, but honestly nobody on the east brought that raw element like they did it on the west.

Dudes on the east gonna tell me now they was rocking with Just Ice like the west was rocking with NWA, and Ice-T?

The same Just Ice who was hating on fellow NY legends Run-DMC, and when I mentioned Just Ice to a old head last night he said the ***** was trying to declare war on the DC go-go scene, is that not hate?

He was basically the first NY hater in rap...something NY is known for.

Dudes still can't explain why NY got so much hate for other regions, when it's clear as day that NY rap is dead. If it wasn't for Nas and Jay who would be holding ya'll up?

The new artists coming out of NY emulate the south and west...

Let's not even talk about Dipset cause those dudes pretty much destroyed what I thought dudes in NY sounded like...

This thread

Everybody's haters THERE.

Damn son, you went there, met all 9 million residents and were able to come to that conclusion? I'm impressed.

Where exactly do y'all get this "hater" talk from? Calling someone out is not hating. I've been on this board 6 years and never seen a NY'er hate another region the way some of y'all hate NY. And I could understand a dude around my age who remembers when the south was at the bottom of the barrel feeling a certain way, but for most of you dudes, the south has been on top as long as y'all have been listening to rap. Simply hating because y'all heard someone else say something and dont even know why.

The same Just Ice who was hating on fellow NY legends Run-DMC, and when I mentioned Just Ice to a old head last night he said the ***** was trying to declare war on the DC go-go scene, is that not hate?
No you didnt. You pulled that off wiki.

And just to put it out there, everyone had at least one dance track on their albums back then, including NWA. Dance music was more pop than rap back then.

^ my uncle from Astoria knows more hip hop than most, and if I ask him about something he's usually honest with the feedback. If he got it from wiki then whatever, you must have been looking on wiki to know that.

So you can't answer nothing I see...

Your right I did check. I wasn't too familiar with him beefing with go-go. I just found it peculiar that your wording was almost identical to what's on wiki. Earlier it was some "old head" now it's your "uncle".

Like I said earlier, dudes are hating over what they heard someone else say and don't even know why.

2 words

Just ICE

#stopit5

and ICE T, da VERY FIRST gangsta rapper in LA basically cosigns that back in da day you HAD to go to da east to get da cosign to even rap period...i mean what part of NY INVENTED HIPHOP dont alot of ya understand?

check out da art of rap...BREAKS this all down.

and LIL wayne is foolish..it took a MASSIVE cosign from diplomats for NY to even take him seriously after all that wobble wobble non sense.
Man hip hop is just another form of spoken word, expression. Kool Herc from Jamaica is credited for that...It's not even about Wayne in the grand scheme of things because we're talking about dudes from every region having love for the east, but then dudes on the east always have this superiority complex when it comes to accepting other regions outside of their own.

You can go listen to Ice-T in the beef series and he tells you east coast was making party music...from KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane, and Rakim, who are legendary rhymers, but none of their **** touched on anything like that coming out the west.

The east invented that, "yes yes ya'll, you don't stop rap", and then transitioned to more complex rhyme schemes, but honestly nobody on the east brought that raw element like they did it on the west.

Dudes on the east gonna tell me now they was rocking with Just Ice like the west was rocking with NWA, and Ice-T?

He was basically the first NY hater in rap...something NY is known for.

Dudes still can't explain why NY got so much hate for other regions, when it's clear as day that NY rap is dead. If it wasn't for Nas and Jay who would be holding ya'll up?

The new artists coming out of NY emulate the south and west...

Let's not even talk about Dipset cause those dudes pretty much destroyed what I thought dudes in NY sounded like...
I'm glad to see this.

Jamaicans damn near invented rap music.

Ya'll heard how Reggae artists were flowing in the 70s?! 
mean.gif

sick.gif

I'm not sure if anyone went to or watched the summer jam livestream.

I had it on in the background.

I remember seeing NOTHING but Southern artists and even during the interludes NOTHING but southern music.

Why are dudes mad?

Tons of people hate New York, I kinda hate New York. Visiting is cool but you couldn't pay me to live there. I just don't see what's so great about it

And let's keep it 100. NY loves Southern rap music. :lol:

Last edited:
I get what Wayne meant to say...problem is he worded it in a way that made it seem more of a dis than what it really is. It's not like the ***** is on some Pac **** or anything like that.

Busta understands.
Busta Rhymes says he completely understands Lil Wayne's dislike of New York, as he has the same feelings towards El Paso.

Busta Rhymes stands by his YMCMB boss, Lil Wayne, who made a comment about disliking New York that went viral earlier this week, even earning the attention of NYC officials.

While talking to MTV, Busa Buss says everyone's "entitled to their opinion," and he reveals he has a similar feeling for El Paso, Texas, where he and his entourage were arrested several years back.

"It don't mean I don't like the people there, it don't mean I don't like my support, my love, but I don't like El Paso," Busta said. "My experience in El Paso makes me not like it. I haven't done another show there since."

Busta continued to support Weezy's statement, saying, "I can completely understand why he feels that way. He did a year in Riker's Island for something that probably you really wasn't guilty of, but because you were who you were, you had to eat that."

Busa Bus continued, "You come to New York to do a show, you get charged for something, that probably you're not really guilty of. You know how New York do. And I'm not speakin' against New York City, I'm speaking against the way New York law might do things."
ZzzzZzzz @ all of this though. Saw this joint was 6 pages and I already knew the same ol' heads were in here saying the same ol' ****.

Ppl drop F 'n' B bombs bc his dissing other CITY, Don't matter bc ppl out there guna support his music and he guna get paid from those ppl out there...

Why are dudes from the south so hurt? I've heard people from the DMV, Philly, Cali, and pretty much every other region say that y'all can't dress, your music is garbage, and all those other stereotypes, but of course New York gets the entire blame.

who even cares about that? they also think we're all country bumpkins and ****. whatever. i'm saying wayne has personal issues w/ NY and on top of that they try to act like they're above everybody...not just the south

who even cares about that? they also think we're all country bumpkins and ****. whatever. i'm saying wayne has personal issues w/ NY and on top of that they try to act like they're above everybody...not just the south

Apparently alot of you after reading through all 4 pages of this thread

Why are dudes from the south so hurt? I've heard people from the DMV, Philly, Cali, and pretty much every other region say that y'all can't dress, your music is garbage, and all those other stereotypes, but of course New York gets the entire blame.

Can't speak on behalf of Philly and Cali cuz I aint from there.

But as far as the "DMV" or "DC Area" we may clown how people in the south dress, but southern music gets bumped EVERYWHERE in the dc area. You'll hear so much Jeezy, Gucci, 2 Chainz, Future, Alley Boy, and Ross around here you would think you're in Atlanta.

The only NY artist not named Jay or Nas that gets love in the DMV is French Montana....and that's recent. In general most people round these parts view NYers as obnoxious, stuck up, disrespectful _s that talk to damn much.

Because they have no swag no aura about them. NY cats go down their and **** all their aunts, sisters, and cousins. They will always have an inferiority complex against the people from the "big city" it's like the hate is passed down or embedded in their DNA or some ****.

Because they have no swag no aura about them. NY cats go down their and **** all their aunts, sisters, and cousins. They will always have an inferiority complex against the people from the "big city" it's like the hate is passed down or embedded in their DNA or some ****.

:lol: this is why the whole world hates people from NYC. They think theyre special and got the most "swag" and even think they have an "aura". An aura fam? Really? Keep thinking you're special and have enormous amounts of swag because you're from NYC.

Last edited:
it works the same way tho...its toooo easy to bag girls when i go up to NY...spent a week in harlem last summer and its too easy..they like my accent, ask me where im from...

aint nothing special bout u man..chicks just tired of the norm, the same ole same ole that theyre quicker to give that dude thats diff a chance...

what easier way to be different than be the only cat with no swag or aura walking around the 'big city' ? lol..

its not just up top dudes coming down south that get the easy buns...it works both ways man, thats for sure...

and btw, how lame is it to hate on someone just cause of the region theyre from?? lol..sound like middle school girls...inferiority complex? aura swag?? lol..lame man..lame..

Yea , because a ***** from VA and a ***** from NY is gonna get the same amount of attention from females in different parts of the country
eyes.gif
tuh. I expect you to feel a certain way about how I feel cause homie you made different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom