Looking to pick up a console

just one more thing to consider is how the consoles handle other media.  i have an xbox and use it mroe to play downloaded tv shows and netflix than to play games.  PS3 I think can play avi files though usb (i think) and netflix too, but also has the blu ray player.  PS3 also lets you watch hulu through your console as well as mlb.tv  i think it also has youtube integration?  just something else to take into consideration as the capabilities of consoles has grown far beyond just games.

i love my xbox but every baseball season i get really satly when the "MLB the show" ads come on because that game looks so sick and the mlb offerings on xbox are a joke. 

just my two cents

im probably gonna play mostly sports games and do the online stuff. as far as playing dvds/blue ray, im probably not gonna use it for that, but who knows. whats a good size hard drive and why would you need 250 gb? is it possible to use your external hard drive for your console?

im probably gonna play mostly sports games and do the online stuff. as far as playing dvds/blue ray, im probably not gonna use it for that, but who knows. whats a good size hard drive and why would you need 250 gb? is it possible to use your external hard drive for your console?

Originally Posted by DMan14

Even if your not going to use it for blu ray, PS3 games are stored on Blu Ray, Blu Ray disc don't scratch as easy as a dvd like the xbox. PS3 is where its at. Yes you can use a external hard drive on a ps3 not sure about the the xbox, i think you have to buy specific M$ products, which is a minus. PS3 Is full of Win.

Originally Posted by DMan14

Even if your not going to use it for blu ray, PS3 games are stored on Blu Ray, Blu Ray disc don't scratch as easy as a dvd like the xbox. PS3 is where its at. Yes you can use a external hard drive on a ps3 not sure about the the xbox, i think you have to buy specific M$ products, which is a minus. PS3 Is full of Win.

If you wanna play games for real cheap, get a Xbox.

If you wanna watch movies for real cheap, get a PS3.

If you wanna play games for real cheap, get a Xbox.

If you wanna watch movies for real cheap, get a PS3.

I own all three

ps3 for blu ray, exclusive ps games
xbox 360 for arcade games, exclusive games like halo
wii- lol...I like the virtual console to play the old games from the NES thru N64 games

they all have their benefits

but if u told me that I had to pick one, it would be the ps3

I own all three

ps3 for blu ray, exclusive ps games
xbox 360 for arcade games, exclusive games like halo
wii- lol...I like the virtual console to play the old games from the NES thru N64 games

they all have their benefits

but if u told me that I had to pick one, it would be the ps3

PS3 >
DARKNESS, JOIN IT. own both btw
IMO PS3's online gaming is more then good enough for me and its free
360 dont got wifi too
only thing i hate is you cant play music and games at the same time for now but some new games are coming out with that feature (i.e GT5)

PS3 >
360 dont got wifi too
only thing i hate is you cant play music and games at the same time for now but some new games are coming out with that feature (i.e GT5)

Heres my 2 cents. I've used both If.you're more of an online player than go with xbox.If you're more of a casual gamer than you can go with either one. Both have great exclusives depending on what you like so thats not really an argument. Ps3 does have blu-ray which is good if you mind spending about $25 on each movie but you get better quality.for other media,I'd go with the ps3 but you also have a lot of other media on the xbox.The argument that Xboxs' break down easier is somewhat true for the old models but not really anymore. I had my xbox for 4 yrs till it got RROD(R.I.P.
smh.gif
),but then I got the new one which wont have anymore breaking down problems,wifi so no problem there.The games cost the exact same amount.

When it comes down to it,I personally prefer the Xbox but that's just me. It all comes down to you and your own likes and dislikes,types of games you're into and what you use your system for so its pointless to come here and ask for peoples opinions. Just get what YOU prefer.

Heres my 2 cents. I've used both If.you're more of an online player than go with xbox.If you're more of a casual gamer than you can go with either one. Both have great exclusives depending on what you like so thats not really an argument. Ps3 does have blu-ray which is good if you mind spending about $25 on each movie but you get better quality.for other media,I'd go with the ps3 but you also have a lot of other media on the xbox.The argument that Xboxs' break down easier is somewhat true for the old models but not really anymore. I had my xbox for 4 yrs till it got RROD(R.I.P.
smh.gif
),but then I got the new one which wont have anymore breaking down problems,wifi so no problem there.The games cost the exact same amount.

When it comes down to it,I personally prefer the Xbox but that's just me. It all comes down to you and your own likes and dislikes,types of games you're into and what you use your system for so its pointless to come here and ask for peoples opinions. Just get what YOU prefer.

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

PS3 >
360 dont got wifi too
The new 360S which I picked up
pimp.gif
has built in wi-fi.

PS3 >
360 dont got wifi too
pimp.gif
has built in wi-fi.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

PS3 >
360 dont got wifi too
pimp.gif
has built in wi-fi.
was just about to say this

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

PS3 >
360 dont got wifi too
pimp.gif
has built in wi-fi.
was just about to say this

Back
Top Bottom