LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Yeah, I'm 108% cool with the whispers explanation....

90% cool with the numbers explanation....

And if he's done 8% cool with Walt
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i want to be able to rewatch the series and have the moments where the whispers were heard to be relevant. were the whispers heard at specific parts all along? were the whispers significant?

Originally Posted by DubA169

i want to be able to rewatch the series and have the moments where the whispers were heard to be relevant. were the whispers heard at specific parts all along? were the whispers significant?

Like...when this season they were in the cave and the whispers came when they took Kate and company.

I have a great feeling the whispers aren't done. The dead will play some sort of role.

Spoiler [+]
The episode before the finale is called... "What They Died For" 
I take it as featuring the dead characters in some capacity

every single person we met at the temple was irrelevent. i'll never remember them again.

unless they come back somehow and have a big role in the finale or something

I think they mentioned answering Kate and the horse. They better answer why Walt would appear dripping wet too.

I honestly think and hope when it's all said and done.... theyre going to have a discussion panel and answer everything that was left out. That Jimmy Kimmel show that plays after will be crucial and epic.

^i still say books are the best way to go

they could get so many people reading again like harry potter has done

damnitzdom wrote:
I think they mentioned answering Kate and the horse. They better answer why Walt would appear dripping wet too.

I honestly think and hope when it's all said and done.... theyre going to have a discussion panel and answer everything that was left out. That Jimmy Kimmel show that plays after will be crucial and epic.
Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but I was listening to Carlton and Damon's most recent podcast and they made it very apparent that they were not interested in doing that.  They said they felt it would take away from the show to give all the faithful viewers every single answer. They like the fact the show draws so many thoughts out of people and they feel it would be best for people to continue that dialogue after the show is done. They did say they feel the finale is good, not surprising, and they stand by it and feel the viewers will be pleased. I personally think that having give all the answers would not be in sync with the show as a whole. The show was based out of mystery and keeping people guessing and that's how the show should end. Don't get me wrong if they decided to answer some questions, I would not be opposed, but I just don't see it happening.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I have a great feeling the whispers aren't done. The dead will play some sort of role.

Spoiler [+]
I was thinking the same thing

^i still say books are the best way to go

they could get so many people reading again like harry potter has done

I don't want books. I heard they're making an encyclopedia and I'm definitely down with that, but not a 'this is what we meant' book.

The finale alone is gonna polarize people, the last thing you need to do is to 'after the fact' burn all of those people over there, because they took in the show in a different way. There are so many blogs and podcasts and magazine articles that you can find that understanding you want from someone else's opinion. But if the creators did that it means something else. You can't really ignore it and you can't say it doesn't matter. People are galvanized enough with just their basic opinions on the exact same thing you just saw, that they don't need 'The Bible' on why they're right and you're wrong.

I think what we get is gonna be good enough, because I don't think it can really take away from what they've already done.

MrONegative wrote:

I think what we get is gonna be good enough, because I don't think it can really take away from what they've already done.

i strongly disagree. they can easily make a finale that takes away from what they have already done. especially a show that is based around building up mysteries . the finale will have a huge effect on the way lost is remembered and what it's place in TV history will be.

i don't expect it. I highly doubt it will happen but that's what the sopranos did for me

MrONegative wrote:

i strongly disagree. they can easily make a finale that takes away from what they have already done. especially a show that is based around building up mysteries . the finale will have a huge effect on the way lost is remembered and what it's place in TV history will be.

i don't expect it. I highly doubt it will happen but that's what the sopranos did for me

The only long narrative show I can think of with a great ending was Six Feet Under. It fell in line with the themes of the show and the expectations they built up and reinforced in the big twists near the end of the show.

On the other end of it is Battlestar Galactica. I know never to care about sci-fi too much, because it'll always burn you, but Battlestar I got invested in. I got a lotta people invested in. That ending made the show almost unwatchable to me.

Now I can't exactly imagine Lost doing that. The biggest difference is that, even though both were intensely character driven, Battlestar never let you forget what the goal of the show was from the first episode. It was the backbone of all of the choices people made in the show. It defined why it was important for people to persevere and survive and how this war behind the show would resolve.

But me, I ain't greedy. Especially after that. ^That show was built around it's finale from day one. Lost was built mostly around season 4, the stronger sci-fi is what's left to take care of. After that 3rd season finale a second show started that doesn't owe me nearly as much as the first one did.

Season 5 was a gift. A part of me is just waiting for the show to end. Do I get excited for Tuesday? Sure. Do I demand from that hour of television? Not so much. So many shows have stepped up to take Lost's place. If I go that other way. That all or nothing way. That's how people get vendettas and crazy emotional. That's how they stay pissed for a few months then never watch the show again.

I made my peace with Lost after the last season finale enough that I know I'll watch the show again in the future. Whether they grant my wish and kill Kate or not. I'm fine with it...but if they kill Hurley I'm never watching this show again.

the only shows that i have got invested in like that and finished perfectly are the wire and to a lesser extent arrested development. Those British shows that are only like 12 episodes long always seem to start and end perfectly. (the show spaced with simon pegg from shawn of the dead, the british office)

i have heard that 6 feet under is pretty much perfect from top to bottom it's actually on my next to watch list.

i am hoping big love and dexter finish perfect. if dexter ended the way it did last season i would say it's near perfect. I am nervous about what theyw ill do next season. both of those shows are about at the same level for me.

i hope madmen finishes perfect too. true blood already went in a different direction than i was hoping for but i still like it alot.

i thought my name is earl had the most potential to finish perfect but they messed that up baaaad

Back
Top Bottom