Mark Wahlberg asking for a pardon... everyone has a past

Felons getting things expunged from your record isn't uncommon. If you stay out of trouble for 10-15 years asking to have a mistake removed from your criminal record is not unreasonable for a normal person. After you take into account all the good he has done in that time I don't know how he could be denied.

Why did he even raise this issue in the first place?

1.) To our knowledge, he never apologized/made amends to the victim (Marky Mark was in the wrong).
2.) He's now high and mighty for no reason. Correct your wrongs first and keep it moving.
Yeah, the first thing he should've done if he wanted a pardon was do the transparent public display of him making amends with his victims (buy that guy a good looking fake eye or dope eye patch) and their children if need be. Then on the low try to get that pardon, maybe even get one of your victims to vouch for you and not talk about it publicly cuz even then you might not get a whole lot of public support.

Right now it just seems like he wants to expand his restaurant and make more but since he got a rap sheet where he only served 45 days when it's clear as day it's a hate crime and he should've done like 6 years he feels some type of way and thinks he should get a pardon.

Felons getting things expunged from your record isn't uncommon. If you stay out of trouble for 10-15 years asking to have a mistake removed from your criminal record is not unreasonable for a normal person. After you take into account all the good he has done in that time I don't know how he could be denied.

violent/sex & drug charges are really hard for anyone to get expunged especially if you did time for them. He might get it because he's rich and famous, but let's not act like everyone can do it.

Besides crappy movies, what 'good' has he done?

Why is this man who models men under garments airing out dirty laundry now. He is probably trying to do something that requires a clean back ground. He can‘t get clearance I bet.

Maybe he should wash his face in PHO filled with Siracha.

violent/sex & drug charges are really hard for anyone to get expunged especially if you did time for them. He might get it because he's rich and famous, but let's not act like everyone can do it.

you serious bro? He does a lot of charity work. his "crappy movies" create jobs and a ton of taxable income. I'm not sure how constraining a successful person does anything for that guys eye.

Why is this man who models men under garments airing out dirty laundry now. He is probably trying to do something that requires a clean back ground. He can‘t get clearance I bet.

Maybe he should wash his face in PHO filled with Siracha.

He needs a liquor license for his restaurant.

I misspoke about the charity, good for him. Still shouldn't get a pardon IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean seriously he moved coke and was a savage in the clubs I highly doubt this incident even ranks on the horrible things he's done

Taking someone's eyesight is pretty major. I don't know how you managed to just brush over that.

I've seen 17 year olds get longer sentences for drug offenses...just saying
He got the complexion for the protection.
To be fair, I'm sure he has some charity he works with or funded. It's also pretty much a lock that he did a lot after the Boston marathon bombing.

Last edited:

you serious bro? He does a lot of charity work. his "crappy movies" create jobs and a ton of taxable income. I'm not sure how constraining a successful person does anything for that guys eye.

He can buy him a new eye. He has transformers money.

I've put people in the hospital doing some wild **** when I was in my teens. Married with 2 kids now and I'm lucky as hell I never got caught up.

I'm sure there's already a precedent for this situation as people have had felonies expunged. I had a homie in Frisco get an arson case (cop's house) expunged when he went through the street soldiers program and got a scholarship to college. Let Markie cook.

Last edited:
He needs a liquor license for his restaurant.

I misspoke about the charity, good for him. Still shouldn't get a pardon IMO.

u sure? dude can use his wife or another entity right? dis man shoukd be a bouncer at silver rhinos

I thought this was common knowledge but apparently not. I heard about this at least 6-7 years ago and haven't watched any of his movies since.

As far as his age, at 17 you are a grown up and clearly know right from wrong. Most of us were working, driving, drinking, having sex, and pretty much whatever else defines you as an adult. Dude was a clown and his age did not matter at that point. Now, if he publicly apologizes to the victim and offers some form of compensation or donation to minority charities, I can vibe with it. But to just to forgive him because of time passed, hellz naw.

Dirk Diggler needs to...

1. Apologize in person to the people he hurt (split one dudes head open and the other guy who lost an eye)

2. Pay up. Especially the man who lost his eye. Come on....YOU wouldn't feel cheated if YOU lost an eye?  Imagine if that was you, don't lie to yourself 
mean.gif

3. Apologize for this God awful crap

I heard about this the other day. I say no, he shouldn't. I understand everyone has done things in the past and they change, of course. But to have it expunged in this case? No. His reasoning behind it is because he wants to expand his family restaurant, but he can't get a permit to expand if he has charges or something like that. I thought, why should he get special consideration because of his status? There are plenty of people, like him, who have done things in their past and turned their life around and have to fight like hell to get to where they want to be. All the while not having the option of just asking a judge "hey, that charge I have from when I was a kid, can you pretend it never happened?". I'm sorry but Marky Mark gotta live with what he did. He transitioned from music to modeling to acting seamlessly and made a good living, all while causing a man to lose sight. You can't erase that as if it never happened. Not saying he can never be forgiven, but the events in your life made you who you are, you can't erase what you don't like. But then again, he's rich and famous in America....

-Did he deserve a harsher punishment at the time of the incident? Yes

-Do I think he has matured and become a better person since his teen days? Yes IMO

-Should he still be held accountable for his actions that happened 20+ years ago? Tough to say

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom