Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

Is the game over after mission 31 and the rest is missions for the true ending? I'm confused because I'm getting some extended credits after finishing that mission.

Is the game over after mission 31 and the rest is missions for the true ending? I'm confused because I'm getting some extended credits after finishing that mission.
you have to replay a number of missions you already beat to unlock the "new" missions that progress the story (I put quotes because even out of these new story missions, most of them are sending you back to previous areas anyway)

Last edited:
you have to replay a number of missions you already beat to unlock the "new" missions that progress the story (I put quotes because even out of these new story missions, most of them are sending you back to previous areas anyway)

I beat the game without having to replay any of the missions. The new missions are triggered by doing the story driven (yellow) side ops, listening to the yellow cassettes ( you don't actually have to listen to them if you don't want to. Just click on them and it'll still count), and just passing time. The reason they put those replay missions in is so you can pass time waiting for the story missions to unlock

I will not be participating in MGO because I refuse to get a PS+ membership

This has also spared me the trouble of being forced into that FOB nonsense...must be fun knowing that some 14 year old in Seattle stole all of your resources and your best soldiers

^^and yeah I don't get where the misconception that you HAVE to replay missions to get the full story comes from....any and all story-related content is highlighted yellow for the player's convenience

Last edited:
That's strange. Maybe I missed some of the tapes, cause I definitely got tired of them after a while. I need visuals :lol:

So you don't play online on the PS4 at all?

Still haven't unlocked gun customization. I did the legendary gunsmith side op but the other ones didn't unlock.

The fact that this game is obviously incomplete is completely souring me on this game... And that's a damn shame because the game is amazing... I've gotten 100+ hours outta it... I've been completely immersed in the game... It has so much replay value... But the complete lack of closure on all the plot lines is so disappointing... It sucks...

It does, and that clip of the unfinished mission feels like exactly how the game should have ended on a high note. So it feels a little empty. But the game still delivered a lot.

I'm assuming here, but I think Kojima and co. were just taking too much time and money that they got forced to release whatever they had by September. That missing mission seems like a perfect climax; and I'd guess we would've gotten other, less important missions in place of all the hard-mode repeat ones, and probably more story about Snake going more demonic.

I hate the fact that I cant get the blood off of him anymore unless I use the PS1 character models :smh:

You went demon. You need to stop killing people and raise your heroism.
Infinity bandana and the mag loaded grenade launcher won't let me. 
laugh.gif

On the code talker mission and been reading about something that happens around mission 41.
Can you keep Quiet if you're trying to go for 100 percent completion?

I will never have Raiden if that's the requirement :lol:

:lol:
It's actually not that hard. S rank pretty much comes down to completion time and combat alerts (although there have been times where I've triggered a combat alert and still got s rank). Just complete the primary objective as fast as possible without triggering any alarms then exfiltrate either by chopper, land or material container and boom. S rank. Then if you want you can go back in and complete the side objectives.

On the code talker mission and been reading about something that happens around mission 41.

I'm not sure. I would imagine not though since you have to lose her to complete her story line

If you add the butterfly emblem on to your emblem she may stay. It doesn't always work

I'm getting my *** whooped on mission 45
mean.gif
Took me some time to beat it but I just kept cxalling in my chopper along with using a lvl 4 grenade launcher with a sniper.

I forgot the sniper I used but its the same exact one/model as the sinful butterfly (the on Quiet can use if you upgrade her)

Back
Top Bottom