NBA Draft Discussion Thread

0.7% for the 1st pick, 0.8% for the 2nd pick. Let's get it Sacramento. Either Beasley or Rose would make a fine addition to the team. I really don'twant that 12th pick
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Beats05

0.7% for the 1st pick, 0.8% for the 2nd pick. Let's get it Sacramento. Either Beasley or Rose would make a fine addition to the team. I really don't want that 12th pick
sick.gif

No chance in hell SAC gets the first pick...you're gunna get "stuck" with Alexander, Love, Arthur..that caliber of player..which isn'tthat bad considering this draft is so deep.

0.7% for the 1st pick, 0.8% for the 2nd pick. Let's get it Sacramento. Either Beasley or Rose would make a fine addition to the team. I really don't want that 12th pick
sick.gif
I sure hope we get a top pick beats but if we don't I have this sick feeling were gonna draft Love and I don't know how I feel about that.

Originally Posted by thefind

sick.gif
I sure hope we get a top pick beats but if we don't I have this sick feeling were gonna draft Love and I don't know how I feel about that.

That'd be two big white posts players for you guys in two years
laugh.gif
--Spencer Hawes and then Kevin Love (if that's who you get)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Brook Lopez looks like an All-star center to me... Him and Al Jefferson together would be a good look if he fell to the Timberwolves outside of the top 2...

all star? bit of a reach.

How is it a reach? The kid can score with his back to the basket, he can face up and score off the bounce, he can step out and knock down jumpers, he can run the floor, and has good hands/footwork, pretty decent passer... He moves really well, can score in a variety of ways, has great touch around the basket and is a presence defensively...
He settled for too many bad shots and forced the issue on occasion at Stanford, but a lot of that had to do with Stanford's inability to get production from any of their guards, so Brook and Robin had to do everything... The kid's potential is pretty apparent, IMO. The only knock you can really put on him as a 7 footer is that he isn't a great rebounder...

Al Jefferson in the low post with Brook in the high post area?
grin.gif
That really could end up being a nightmare for opposing defenses...

Lopez is too finesse IMO. he's got great touch around the rim and decent back to the basket game. but he def aint physical enough to be a dominantrebounder or finisher around the rim. and unless he's got a sick mid range game like Zydrunas or Yao (by the way these players have the height to get awaywith that), i just don't see him bein an all-star type of player.
but who knows, whenever i saw Stanford play they would put the Lopezs boys on the block and they wouldnt move from there
laugh.gif

His rebounding as said, is a little strange...but Stanford plays at a slower pace which = less possessions...which = less rebounds...plus Robin takes a few.

He finishes and has a mean streak, imo....and he definitely will develop a jumper...his mechanics are great for someone his size.

Sonics better get 1st or 2nd pick. I don't wanna end up like the Celtics and Grizzlies from last year

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by thefind

sick.gif

That'd be two big white posts players for you guys in two years
laugh.gif
--Spencer Hawes and then Kevin Love (if that's who you get)
http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/ lol i know throw brad miller in the mix and we will have the most unathletic big men in the league.

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

Sonics better get 1st or 2nd pick. I don't wanna end up like the Celtics and Grizzlies from last year

you dont know how much i want this to happen. They have to get more talent....what do they have like 5(2 1sts and 3 2nds) draft picks this year??
laugh.gif

Sonics can still add a real nice piece even if they don't get a Top 2 pick..they're gona have a bright future regardless.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Sonics can still add a real nice piece even if they don't get a Top 2 pick..they're gona have a bright future regardless.

I really wanna see 'em get the number 1 pick and go with Rose, then pick up Rush with their second pick. Rose, Durant, Rush, Green, and Collison couldbe sick.

Rose, Durant, Rush, Green, and Collison could be sick.
I don't know why people always put together these young *@%@ squads and think they'll be sick. This team would get bodied nightly simplycause of their inexperience. And you can say, "well down the road they'll be legit", but it's so hard to keep a squad like this togetheronce initial contracts are up and you gotta pay more money to keep them together. I think a team like Seattle, regardless of what pick they get, needs to makea trade and get some decent veteran pieces to complement Durant, defensively and offensively. I mean, Portland is a good example of a young squad gettin'it done but in the West it won't get you in the playoffs so some veteran help is needed.

Brook Lopez looks like an All-star center to me... Him and Al Jefferson together would be a good look if he fell to the Timberwolves outside of the top 2...

all star? bit of a reach.

How is it a reach? The kid can score with his back to the basket, he can face up and score off the bounce, he can step out and knock down jumpers, he can run the floor, and has good hands/footwork, pretty decent passer... He moves really well, can score in a variety of ways, has great touch around the basket and is a presence defensively...
He settled for too many bad shots and forced the issue on occasion at Stanford, but a lot of that had to do with Stanford's inability to get production from any of their guards, so Brook and Robin had to do everything... The kid's potential is pretty apparent, IMO. The only knock you can really put on him as a 7 footer is that he isn't a great rebounder...

Al Jefferson in the low post with Brook in the high post area?
grin.gif
That really could end up being a nightmare for opposing defenses...

Lopez is too finesse IMO. he's got great touch around the rim and decent back to the basket game. but he def aint physical enough to be a dominant rebounder or finisher around the rim. and unless he's got a sick mid range game like Zydrunas or Yao (by the way these players have the height to get away with that), i just don't see him bein an all-star type of player.
but who knows, whenever i saw Stanford play they would put the Lopezs boys on the block and they wouldnt move from there
laugh.gif

Just watch what Brook did in the last 5 minutes and Overtime against Marquette in the tournament. Brook's going to be a player offensively, defensivelythat's another story. If I was the T'Wolves I'd look into Lopez heavily if I don't get Beasley. They really don't need another point guard,and a big man to compliment Al nicely would give them a solid young core.

Thomas is over seas scouting Danilo Gallinari and Nicolas Batum. NYK fans what do you think about the idea of drafting one of the two players if we do not getthe first or second pick?

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Rose, Durant, Rush, Green, and Collison could be sick.
I don't know why people always put together these young *@%@ squads and think they'll be sick. This team would get bodied nightly simply cause of their inexperience. And you can say, "well down the road they'll be legit", but it's so hard to keep a squad like this together once initial contracts are up and you gotta pay more money to keep them together. I think a team like Seattle, regardless of what pick they get, needs to make a trade and get some decent veteran pieces to complement Durant, defensively and offensively. I mean, Portland is a good example of a young squad gettin' it done but in the West it won't get you in the playoffs so some veteran help is needed.

Notice I said "could" and not "would." There's a difference between the two and what they mean. Could insinuates that I think thatthey have the potential to be a good group of players. If I would have said "would," then I would understand your little rant about young squads.

That would be a pretty solid young core to build around, and in the long run if they could lock up two or three of those five (particularly Rose and Durant)they would have two players that could potentially be superstars in the league. Of course like you said though, they would need some veteran leadership.

And are you saying that Seattle should trade their first pick, which is guaranteed to be a top 5 pick? Or did I misread that? If that's what you weremeaning, who would you try to trade for with that pick?

Originally Posted by The Lowa

Thomas is over seas scouting Danilo Gallinari and Nicolas Batum. NYK fans what do you think about the idea of drafting one of the two players if we do not get the first or second pick?

Personally I would rather stay away from drafting a Euro in the lottery unless his name is Ricky Rubio. I can't comment on the 2 mentioned abovebecause I haven't seen them play or read anything about them.

Back
Top Bottom