New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Bash LO all u want but he was great to have coming off the bench, especially compared to what we have now.

He was good insurance for the bigs and he could create his own shot against most bigs guarding him...he played a nice role in those 3 finals trips.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Bash LO all u want but he was great to have coming off the bench, especially compared to what we have now.

He was good insurance for the bigs and he could create his own shot against most bigs guarding him...he played a nice role in those 3 finals trips.
News we knew but a piggy back off what you were saying:

During an interview with Mark Willard on 710 ESPN Radio in LA over the weekend, Stephen A. Smith discussed the possibility of KG signing with the Lakers and said that’s something the team should explore. Smith pointed out that Garnett lives in Southern California in the offseason and that he’s friends with Kobe Bryant, so he believes it’s a possibility, especially if Pau Gasol is gone.

Get them BOTH!   If KG is a possibility, and Lamar is a possibility.   Get them both...  And ship Gasol out..

Hm according to ESPN insider, BRoy is more likely to sign with GSW if he does make a comeback

i'm lost...yall do realize broy retired because his knees are bone on bone right?? and yall talking bout giving son 2mil? seriously? lemme guess you want greg oden as our backup 5 too huh?

yea broy's upper body can ball, but he cant do anything if his legs arent down with the program. and dont talk about that germany surgery. yall remember gilbert arenas got that same surgery right? and nick young was wild gassin him right? remember how pure butt sauce dude was when he hit the court right? averaging less than dfish right? physically, brandon roy is a bigger liability than bynum. let him go.

I think the people who want him (me specifically) want him at vet min 2 years. 2nd year team Option.

That is as small a liability as you can take in someone. If he sucks he sits no harm, no foul. If we get lucky he is a great asset for us.

Shaun Powell of nba.com said Pau for KG sign and trade could get us KG... http://hangtime.blogs.nba...ts-the-next-move-for-kg/

Celtics have only $34mil on their books next year, so it could work with signing KG at a small contract.. But then again I don't want to trade Pau with the return being just KG.. It makes me feel like we could have gotten more...  And even if they sign KG for $5mil and trade him here, it still wouldn't get us under cap, and unless we sign people to 1 year deals for nothing would barely get us under the luxury

While KG could get $7mil on the market... I think the teams he's looking at are small..  LA, Chicago (Hometown)  and Boston..  Boston could offer the most with a lot of cap room, and Chicago won't make a run with their mini-MLE for KG because they need PG & SG help so badly...

The ties KG has made in Boston, i don't think he'll ever be a Laker. That's blatant disrespect to the Celtic franchise.

but then again, loyalty in the NBA is a lost art.

Originally Posted by jcbacall

The ties KG has made in Boston, i don't think he'll ever be a Laker. That's blatant disrespect to the Celtic franchise.

but then again, loyalty in the NBA is a lost art.
He's friends with Kobe. Has a house in Malibu.. And even said in 2007, He wanted to play with the Lakers over the Celtics. But chose Boston because of the Phil/Kobe drama at the time.

“I was pretty close [to going to LA] to be honest,

Essential1 quick question, can Minnesota absorb pau's contract if we did a S&T with them for Beasley and the 18 pick they have?
nerd.gif
. Don't they already have a pretty young nucleus

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Essential1 quick question, can Minnesota absorb pau's contract if we did a S&T with them for Beasley and the 18 pick they have?
nerd.gif

No.  Even if they declined Martell Webster, and let Randolph walk they are at $47-48 mil of cap.   Adding Pau puts them over the 125% of outgoing salary plus $100K threshold. They'd also be going from an undercap team to an over cap team, which is where the 125% + $100K rule applies for.

You would essentially have to gut their bench to get Pau there (i.e.  Derrick Williams + Ridenour + Webster + Darko + Pick   for Pau work)

If they were getting Pau in all honesty,  Beasley (to a larger extent) and Williams would become useless.

Originally Posted by Essential1

nerd.gif

No.  Even if they declined Martell Webster, and let Randolph walk they are at $47-48 mil of cap.   Adding Pau puts them over the 125% of outgoing salary plus $100K threshold for trading under cap to over cap

frown.gif
seemed like a good deal for both teams
tired.gif

nerd.gif

No.  Even if they declined Martell Webster, and let Randolph walk they are at $47-48 mil of cap.   Adding Pau puts them over the 125% of outgoing salary plus $100K threshold for trading under cap to over cap

frown.gif
seemed like a good deal for both teams
tired.gif

I'm not high on Beasley (IRONIC comment of the day)  like I used to be.. To get him, it would be a sign and trade.. Chances are for a solid 23 year old it will be a 4 year deal.. He stands to make at least $8.1 mil the first year.  So second year you're at about $8.7 mil. Third year about $9.4mil.. And his contract year would be about $10.1 mil..

He's not worth it now.. Nor will he ever be.

Derrick Williams wouldn't make $8mil until 2015-2016 when he is a restricted free agent.. That would be a much better deal.. Because today Derrick Williams = Michael Beasley and he just finished his rookie season.

As you know.. I'm still on the idea of getting 2 SF's for Pau.. I know a pick would be awesome, but the guy I really want (Henson will be gone by 18th pick).

i could see henson dropping to 18. perry jones has also been falling on draft boards... he could be a steal at that spot as well

Dump Metta World Peace. While his game has potential, his mind is just like a time bomb
and kills his own team with his flagrant fouls and immature behavior.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Dump Metta World Peace. While his game has potential, his mind is just like a time bomb

I disagree. He was our 2nd best player in the playoffs. He is still a great asset. We get no benefit of letting him go, but his defense is still worth keeping around

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

That's completely false, if anything he wakes this team up and gets them playing D at a higher level

Originally Posted by wcghost

howard, iggy, and LO all during the off-season?

laker fans never disappoint.
Howard for Bynum can still happen. Iggy has been on the trading block for quite sometime and LO is an emotional time bomb that no one wants. Reaching is Howard, Durant, Bron and Rondo on the Lakers. Thanks for contributing to our thread, Warrior fan. 

Lakers officially exercised the option on Andrew Bynum..

#TeamYolo2012-2013

Now let's trade him
roll.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Lakers officially exercised the option on Andrew Bynum..

#TeamYolo2012-2013

Now let's trade him
roll.gif
Jimmy loves this guy. 

If we end up with Bynum.. Ok...    If we have Dwight.. That's fine as well..    You have the #1 center in the league, or #2 center.. Can't be mad either way..

But Jim actually was willing to trade Bynum for Howard.. 

As long as Pau doesn't come back
laugh.gif

I doubt KG retires.. He needs to be here..  He actually can run a Pick & Roll on the offense and defense..

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Pau will be back. I honestly don't think we're going to make any major moves this summer whatsoever. 

tired.gif
  Has that feeling..

I will #*%% on Pau  worse than I did Steve Blake except for the couple days in the playoffs.. 

I really have begun to despise Pau immensely..

Take Steve Nash off your wish list. If he leaves it will be a sign and trade. The deal will be 3 years around $27mil.

Hell no to that contract.

Back
Top Bottom