Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

^^^^ :lol: ppl including myself were going wild buying multiple digital codes.

I bought 5 1200 points for just 25 dollars lol I don't think we'll ever see something like this again.

Check out this xbla game called Hybrid. the gameplay is kind of like gears of war.

It's only $5 in m$ points.

It's the best xbla game that I've played.

The trial lets you play online for an hour.

anyway u can buy odd amount of ms points i have like 280 and u need at least 400 (5 bucks) to buy any game worth owning or does anyone have any suggestions for something under 280

they are only doing that though because they are gonna phase out the system. They already have a beta set up for the new update with the ms points system removed
View media item 482999
MS points go on sale real money doesn't. MS store was just 1 example

Maybe they'll use Monopoly money next and you can go to garage sales and pick it up on the cheap and buy every copy of Sam and Max on Xbox Live!

Convenience > Cost

you crazy i get all of my microsoft points free.

having to pay $0> actual money

Please elaborate.
I don't know what methods he uses, but I don't pay for mine either. I use Bing as my primary search engine, with google on deck for image searches and more obscure types of searches. They have a rewards system and one of the lower tier rewards is MS points. To date, I've gotten just about 4000 MS points for using bing.

There's also xbox live rewards which chips in points also. With all that combined, I haven't paid for MS points in a while.

I have a question. Since a lot of games are being released for both generations this fall does it matter which gen I but a game for? Is battlefield 4 gonna be a port on the xbone or will it be an identical game on both systems with only minor differences.

Battlefield 4 is going to be 64 players and 60 Frame per second (e.g. smooth like call of duty) on next gen consoles.

On current gen it will be 24( I think that's what BF3 is) player and barely 30 frames per second.

Last edited:
^^^^ :lol: ppl including myself were going wild buying multiple digital codes.

I bought 5 1200 points for just 25 dollars lol I don't think we'll ever see something like this again.

where on earth did you find that deal...?

xb1 facts

[h3]Xbox One Launch[/h3][h2]1. Available November, 2013 at Participating Retailers [sup][source,[/sup][sup]Xbox.com][/sup][2] [/h2]
  • Click on the retailer of your choice to be taken to their Xbox One pre-order page.
    • Microsoft Store[3]
    • GameStop[4]
    • Walmart[5]
    • [/sup][21] [/h2]
      • Along with Gamerscore, players can now unlock digital artwork, characters, and stats through achievements.
      • Applications and media can now take advantage of awarding console users achievments (will not affect Gamerscore).

• Achievements and Challenges:
        • There are now challenges, in addition to achievements.
        • Achievements are not changing, will remain the same.
        • Challenges are opportunities that can come and go; They can be a goal or reward.
        • Challenges can be used to unlock things during a specific time.
        • Similarities:
          • You can unlock them and win their rewards.
          • Once unlocked, they are saved to your achievement history.
          • They each have an icon to visualize the cool thing you did.
          • They often are associated with a Game DVR capture to show your friends that you are better than they are.
          • Developers can release more of them after the game’s initial release (more on that in a bit).
        • Differences:
          • Challenges are time based. As just noted, challenges are only available for a certain period of time. Only your activity during that timeframe will count toward unlocking the challenge. Achievements do not expire, so you can unlock them at your leisure.
          • Challenges do not give out Gamerscore. We want everyone to have the same shot at increasing their Gamerscore to its highest potential. Since challenges are intentionally temporary (an opportunity) and achievements never expire (a promise), only achievements may offer Gamerscore as a reward.
          • Challenges may cross titles, but achievements cannot. Achievements cannot be shared across titles whereas challenges are allowed to span multiple titles.
          • Challenges can be unlocked by the community. Community challenges are typically goals that exceed what a lone player can accomplish in the given period of time. Imagine, for example, a game releases a headshot weekend challenge that requires players to cumulatively headshot 1 million baddies in a 3 day period. And every person who participates and meets the challenge’s goals gets the unlock on his or her achievement history and reaps its reward.
        • Achievements run on the cloud, allowing these features:
          • Allows Developers to run challenges across all players of a game simultaneously.
          • Developers can continue to add achievements after initial game release.
          • Get new achievements without being forced to purchase new content.
          • Lets developers monitor statistics of achievements and can respond with content to the interest of those players.
          • Most importantly, this allows developers to involve the community in the development.
      [h3]Hardware[/h3][h2]2. Xbox One Console [sup][source,[/sup][sup]Xbox.com][/sup][22] [/h2]
      • Comes with:
        • Xbox One console
        • Kinect sensor
        • Wireless controller
        • HDMI Cable
      • "Xbox One's RAM is accessible as a unified chunk".
        • RAM can be controlled and divided up between GPU and CPU dynamically.
          • This allows different games and applications to allocate what's needed, rather than trying to predetermine ahead of time how much RAM should be given to each component (GPU, CPU, Audio).
          • Microsoft doesn't want to make assumptions, assumptions lead to limiting developers from the beginning.
      [h2]4. Xbox One Kinect[/h2]
      • Kinect is required to physically be connected to Xbox One.
      • Matt Booty on why Kinect is required:
        • "From a design point of view, we don't see [the Kinect] as something that would be separate from Xbox One itself." Booty implied that the Kinect could have even been built into the Xbox One casing, if not for concerns about players wanting the Kinect and the Xbox One in slightly different places in their living rooms. "It just happens to be in a different plastic housing, and I think that's just because of location."
        • Think of computers, you would never see one without a mouse or keyboard (we're not talking tablets here). The same thing is being done with Kinect, it's an integral part of the Xbox system
      • By knowing all Xbox One's have Kinect, developers "are going to find all kinds of new things to do with it because they don’t have to worry about it being a unique accessory or something that only a small portion of the user base has"
      • They're making the Kinect just as much of a standard as a camera in a phone, or a touchpad on a laptop.

Back
Top Bottom