Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

So you're saying things basically went downhill once Kinect came out.
I mean that was their strategy. They got their users with the first few years. Then they relied on halo, gears and third party games to sustain the 360. I mean, I havent said lately, "man I wish there were more exclusives. It gets to the point where people just buy third party games on their preffered system.

I agree because it just looked like all the resources was diverted to it.

Funny thing with the XBone is that even though Kinect is mandatory, there's only been one Kinect only game on show IIRC, The Fantasia game.and that got no air time at E3.

It'll be interesting to see what their output is like next gen. Kinect games tapered down in sales and they know it which is probably why they went all out at E3 and ignored it but with it in every box you can't ignore it either.

I just think that at e3, they showed hardcore console stuff because if they hadn't, there'd be even more complaints and groans.

and Id assume the kinect output would be better this time around. The only thing that really stops a developer from making a kinect based game is the install base. Now with the XB1, everybody will have it So that should ease their concerns of sales ( if the game is good, that is)

Last edited:
I think the point of the table was to show the lack of support from Microsoft in the last few year, hence only the most recent 4 years being shown.

That said, 3rd party titles have dominated the market for those 4 years so the gap isnt as glaring as this table makes it out to be.

And as its been stated in both threads, both sides are missing games.

But the chart doesn't show lack of support by MS.

If anything it shows they supported Kinect because that what they were suppose to do. Sony basically gets credit for sending Move out to die.

MS supported core games heavy early this generation, but people act like they intentionally gave up on them afterwards. A lot of crap happen make MS lose studios and exclusives that was out of the Xbox team's control. But ever since then they have been reloading and the One's lineup so far looks better than Sony's.

The hypocrisy some Sony fanboys have when it comes to games on both systems is crazy though.

I think the point of the table was to show the lack of support from Microsoft in the last few year, hence only the most recent 4 years being shown.

That said, 3rd party titles have dominated the market for those 4 years so the gap isnt as glaring as this table makes it out to be.

If anything it shows they supported Kinect because that what they were suppose to do. Sony basically gets credit for sending Move out to die.

MS supported core games heavy early this generation, but people act like they intentionally gave up on them afterwards. A lot of crap happen make MS lose studios and exclusives that was out of the Xbox team's control. But ever since then they have been reloading and the One's lineup so far looks better than Sony's.

The hypocrisy some Sony fanboys have when it comes to games on both systems is crazy though.

Im agreeing with you, though.... :lol:

Im agreeing with you, though.... :lol:

My bad brah. MS has had my emotions all over the place this summer. Can't tell friend from foe in dis war. :smh: :lol:

I mean that was their strategy. They got their users with the first few years. Then they relied on halo, gears and third party games to sustain the 360. I mean, I havent said lately, "man I wish there were more exclusives. It gets to the point where people just buy third party games on their preffered system.
I just think that at e3, they showed hardcore console stuff because if they hadn't, there'd be even more complaints and groans.

I see what you're saying. There are many gamers here who only buy COD and FIFA and are content but there are many who have complained about MS' first party offerings drying up. Remember a lot of people's reason for picking up the 360 was because of it's exclusives. Gears, Halo, Mass Effect, Bioshock etc. Why would they not jump ship if another console is getting all the third party games plus more. Here in the UK which is 360 land, The last of Us caused the PS3 to sell more hardware and software than the PS3 last month. Something that had not happened for a very long time but that's the power of an exclusive game.

This gen they have Kinect 2 and Smartglass to push. It would be their exclusives that will make the most of this tech. If they only push it for a year or two and leave it up to third parties to sustain their system then it's probably curtains.

and Id assume the kinect output would be better this time around. The only thing that really stops a developer from making a kinect based game is the install base. Now with the XB1, everybody will have it So that should ease their concerns of sales ( if the game is good, that is)

The first Kinect broke records for the fastest selling gadget or something and kept on growing fast for the first 2 years so i wouldn't say install base is an Issue. It's sitting at 24 million units sold as of February this year.

I think Kinect's problem was due to the fact that it wasn't a good option in the majority of games. For dancing it was the king hands down with Dance Central, it was also good for fitness games, it just didn't work well with most of the other games.
Remember Ryse and Crimson Dragon were once Kinect only games but they now have options for a controller for that reason. I think it will improve the games it currently works well with but I don't really see it working that much better with those games that Kinect 1 didn't do well with.

They've dropped the "You are the Controller" slogan so I think Kinect 2 this time round will be something to add to the experience like smartglass if E3 was anything to go by.

Thats kinect needs to be is something extra I've gamed with a controller for twenty years can't quit cold turkey

Thats kinect needs to be is something extra I've gamed with a controller for twenty years can't quit cold turkey
how about this...
During Evo 2013 there was a Killer Instinct panel where the developers had a chance to talk about the game, its features, and more. Included in the "more" category was a discussion about how the game will function with Xbox One's Kinect. Adam Isgreen, Creative Director at Microsoft said that the game will be able to recognize a player, automatically select their favorite character, and automatically set the buttons to a players liking even in the middle of a fight.
I get the feeling kinect will be like a next gen version of party chat, a feature that once you get used to using it you'll wonder how you did w/o it.

Thats actually pretty cool. I dont need to control my game with it. If it can take care of those secondary or tertiary mundane tasks automatically, then we might have something.

Okay so when is the thread actually gonna become helpful and informative about then one ? Its disgusting how 95% of this whole thread is about why Microsoft sucks and Sony OWNZ BRO . Can we make a seperate thread about A vs. B ? Its not fair at all the PS4 thread is quiet and peaceful as hell .

I think this thread is helpful but there's not much news being posted about Xbox thats positive, imo. I normally post articles that may be interesting. If you find something feel free to contribute.

There's alot of bias going around.

It's trendy to mention every single negative about the Xbox One. It generates hits, it fills up comment sections.

If you post a link of the Day 1 Forza 5 patch, the lulz are sure to come. Even though most Forza aficionados play online due to the amount of downloadable content and multiplayer features.

This is news that just surfaced about Sony: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-07/15/sony-drops-fine-appeal

If i were to got to a forum such as Neogaf and name the thread "Will Sony let hackers get away with our account information?" I would probably get flamed by people who think Sony can do no wrong.

Or if i respond to a post which is about Microsoft's "draconian and anti-consumer policies" with this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

I would continue to get flamed.

But i won't, because CONSOLE WARZ are stupid.

Console wars are ******ed. Im leaning towards PS4, but Ill be trying both before I buy one. Sony isnt paying me so Im not gonna go defending them on the internet 

It's trendy to mention every single negative about the Xbox One. It generates hits, it fills up comment sections.

If you post a link of the Day 1 Forza 5 patch, the lulz are sure to come. Even though most Forza aficionados play online due to the amount of downloadable content and multiplayer features.

This is news that just surfaced about Sony: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-07/15/sony-drops-fine-appeal

If i were to got to a forum such as Neogaf and name the thread "Will Sony let hackers get away with our account information?" I would probably get flamed by people who think Sony can do no wrong.

Or if i respond to a post which is about Microsoft's "draconian and anti-consumer policies" with this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

Those are some pretty weak *** talking points. Not sure what sony dropping their appeal has to do with them letting hackers get away with our information.

And the second link doesn't even mention playstation so...

You really reaching with those links fam :rofl:

But I agree with you that these "console wars" aren't that serious. I've definitely argued for my side before but it's all for fun and I don't carry anything off the internet. People be spending hours researching to prove a point /actually catching feelings over video games :lol:

Got more important things to really worry about

Last edited:
how about this...
During Evo 2013 there was a Killer Instinct panel where the developers had a chance to talk about the game, its features, and more. Included in the "more" category was a discussion about how the game will function with Xbox One's Kinect. Adam Isgreen, Creative Director at Microsoft said that the game will be able to recognize a player, automatically select their favorite character, and automatically set the buttons to a players liking even in the middle of a fight.
I get the feeling kinect will be like a next gen version of party chat, a feature that once you get used to using it you'll wonder how you did w/o it.
Gimmick galore.

To the people who were talking about how they wanted m$ to keep m$ points b/c it was cheaper:

I'm in that xbox live update beta. 

I am going to purchase street fighter 3. 

On my xbox, it says that I have to pay $3.74.

On my friend's xbox, it says that he has to pay 400 m$ points.

Which is obviously $5.

Maybe m$ converted the m$ points to it's actual worth.

Am I the only one that thought this thread had returned to some semblance of discussion? :lol: It was bad before and right after E3, but the bashing has subsided. I thought it was just conversations at this point.

People just need to stop taking things so personally when it comes to this stuff. Whether it be people defending features they think will work, or people pointing out deficiencies, as long as its just honest discussion I think it helps form an opinion of the system.

I'll be the first to admit I liked very little about the release information when it first released to us, but through some people doing some digging and presenting things in more Layman terms, I'm seeing the benefits begin to outweigh the negatives.

Have I pre-ordered an X1? No. But I see myself getting one once the intial price comes down a bit. And I have this thread, amongst other things to thank for that.

WE NEED COMPETITION! We need both these companies to start fighting for each sale. It only benefits us all as consumers when that happens. I think as a community we just need to start acting a bit more mature... which might be easier said than done. Myself included. :lol:

Last edited:
Agreed. I preordered the other system but I'm still interested in the good things Xbox is going to offer. Without competition Sony would've probably never fixed their mistakes with this current gen. And thanks to Sony I think they've made Microsoft come back down from that high horse and respect the consumers a bit more.

If only NFL 2k could make a return, lol

If only NFL 2k could make a return, lol

Perfect example of what happens when there's no competition. Madden has been garbage for over half a decade, yet EA has no reason to really make it a better game because they know it'll sell 5-8 million copies because it's the consumers only option :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
To the people who were talking about how they wanted m$ to keep m$ points b/c it was cheaper:
I'm in that xbox live update beta. 
I am going to purchase street fighter 3. 
On my xbox, it says that I have to pay $3.74.
On my friend's xbox, it says that he has to pay 400 m$ points.
Which is obviously $5.
Maybe m$ converted the m$ points to it's actual worth.

I saw that this morning hella dlc that would have been 400 points like 3 bucks I'm with it.

Side note downloaded assassins creed this morning for free. Never played the series but free why not

Back
Top Bottom