Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

I think the "TV features" are baked in the "Durango" you won't need the mini for that...

and if you buy the "durango" and want backwards compatibility you have to buy the mini? Am I getting that right?

Durango itself will also always be online like any other device (correct with rumors), but it will not be a requirement to play local content and it will not prevent playing used games. Putting in an Xbox 360 disc into Durango will prompt the user to attach the supporting device that is sold separately. By separating the two devices and their functions it will ensure price competitiveness for both pieces of hardware

Yes if you want backwards compatibility you'll have to get the mini connect it to durango and pop the disc in durango.

These are rumors but VGleaks was more or less spot on with the PS4 specs.

http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

This is what Hybrid is refering too when he mentions two devices. Backwards compatibility will be done through a ($99 dollar) xbox360 mini which will connect to the XBox 720 if you want backwards compatibility and the TV features. It's a good way to deal with backwards compatibility but still not the ideal way.

I think what everyone is waiting for is the always online news but I don't think MS will do it even though rumors about it haven't stopped.

Sooooooooo there will be an xbox 720 and an xbox "mini" that will allow backward compatibility and TV features? I agree that is not ideal and IMO a bad idea. They should encompass all of this into 1 box.

I'll go ahead and confirm right now that it has hardware backwards compatibility and that they'll be showing off two new devices. It's running the latest WinRT framework so that should be a good clue to the OS it's using. Don't expect a world of change with the controller just tweaks.

That's all I can say.

Backwards compatibility?

Only slight changes to the controller?

Sold.

Halo 5 better still be a release title or I do not care

Next-generation Xbox launch titles include 'Ryse' and a new 'Forza'
By Tom Warren on April 11, 2013 09:30 am

Microsoft is working on a number of launch titles for its new Xbox console. One of the first games to launch on the next Xbox will be Ryse, according to multiple sources familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans.

We're told Ryse is designed to be Microsoft's new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title. It's set in the Roman Empire period and uses deep Kinect integration to allow players to slash and kick at enemies. We understand that Ryse will take advantage of the new body tracking improvements in the next Kinect sensor. Ryse is part of four major launch titles for the next-generation Xbox. Sources tell us that a new Forza title with "super life-like" graphics will also be made available at launch, alongside a zombie game and a family game set on an island with Pixar movie-style graphics. We're told that the family game will utilize Kinect to scan a body and generate a virtual character in the game.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/11/4212054/next-xbox-launch-titles-ryse-forza

Lol at all these "i dont care unless" graphics are the dumbest thing to hear people still ranting about. We've ooo and ahhhhed about graphics since n64. We have hdtv and things always look nice.

I just want fun. And a real fps and not these cod clone garbage. Make it challenging. Last Halo was trash because it jocked cod. Cod sucks.

All i need is a good fps, fair pricing, and for designers to stop nickel and diming consumers on downloadable content

you dont seriously think that Comcast who MS is trying to please would be okay with something like that do you?
It's 2013, me pay 60 a year for it. I could see them do some 60 bucks a months type deal for certain channels. That's what I want, will they do it? Don't know, maybe...

Lol at all these "i dont care unless" graphics are the dumbest thing to hear people still ranting about. We've ooo and ahhhhed about graphics since n64. We have hdtv and things always look nice.

I just want fun. And a real fps and not these cod clone garbage. Make it challenging. Last Halo was trash because it jocked cod. Cod sucks.

All i need is a good fps, fair pricing, and for designers to stop nickel and diming consumers on downloadable content
Lol at the rant you made that is also made by the same people you're laughing at.

Last edited:
If MS decides to subsidized the new Xbox with a cable sub making your Xbox a cable box. How would they handle the heat generated by the unit, is the system going to have a

coaxial port or is it going to be a streaming service like netflix.Also waiting to see if the rumors are true about backwards comp. supposedly MS will sell a $150 360 system to add

on the new console like the sega x32.

Been done with consoles since they started releasing core aspects of games branded as "downloadable content".

Halo reach released with like what... 9 maps total and only 3-5 were suited for small teams lolol. Donwloadable maps were released like a month after the actual game release. Efff outta here.

Good looks on the backwards compatibility info ddouble.

Reading hybrid's post I thought BC would already be implemented into the Durango when launched, but they're taking a similar route as Sony in that regard.

I retract my previous statement.
laugh.gif

Prepare not to care.
mean.gif
 I really blame Bungie. They just had to let it go. Destiny didnt even look all that great. When Halo 3s online pop finally dies out it will be the end of an era
British retailer Tesco had this on their site earlier today, along with the new COD game (with the box art too) so I guess you might get your request.
They've taken the listing down though.
http://www.tesco.com/direct/upcomin...vel=sku&_requestid=131632#&sc_cmp=aff_1503186
*PRAYS*
Next-generation Xbox launch titles include 'Ryse' and a new 'Forza'
By Tom Warren on April 11, 2013 09:30 am

Microsoft is working on a number of launch titles for its new Xbox console. One of the first games to launch on the next Xbox will be Ryse, according to multiple sources familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans.

We're told Ryse is designed to be Microsoft's new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title. It's set in the Roman Empire period and uses deep Kinect integration to allow players to slash and kick at enemies. We understand that Ryse will take advantage of the new body tracking improvements in the next Kinect sensor. Ryse is part of four major launch titles for the next-generation Xbox. Sources tell us that a new Forza title with "super life-like" graphics will also be made available at launch, alongside a zombie game and a family game set on an island with Pixar movie-style graphics. We're told that the family game will utilize Kinect to scan a body and generate a virtual character in the game.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/11/4212054/next-xbox-launch-titles-ryse-forza
Yeah I'm good. I dont want a new franchise I want my damn Halo 2/3 back. Halo 3 was the reason I got my 360, I didnt even buy one until the July before H3 dropped and that was just so I could play some H2 in preparation for it.

the nextbox really should be able to run .exe files and just be a console/gaming rig.  That alone should set it way above Sony.

imagine all the mods for every game? But then you'd have hackers and other nonsense to deal with...

imagine all the mods for every game? But then you'd have hackers and other nonsense to deal with...

Microsoft wouldn't allow it mods kill DLC . The ps3 was open to mods with unreal tournament 3, but no other games followed.

the nextbox really should be able to run .exe files and just be a console/gaming rig.  That alone should set it way above Sony.

the whole point of consoles is not having to deal with crap like that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom