NFL Week 12 In Review....

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by finnns2003

There is no one playing better right now. Dude better clear up some room on his mantle...
There's a guy named Philip who fully disagrees.
There's a guy named Tom who already beat Philip, has 5 less interceptions, and plays on a team with a better record.
Philip's on pace to shatter a passing yards record, if we're talking about individual performance, no, no one is playing better.
He was on pace - until last night. He'll need to average 344 yards per game for the rest of the season, with a hobbled Antonio Gates and Malcom Floyd, and VJax missing the next two games.

Kyle Orton is 8 yards ahead of him, and Peyton is only 18 yards behind him. He's not playing that much better than every QB in the NFL right now...
and tom brady is 659 behind him. see what i did?

There is no one playing better right now. Dude better clear up some room on his mantle...
There's a guy named Tom who already beat Philip, has 5 less interceptions, and plays on a team with a better record.
Philip's on pace to shatter a passing yards record, if we're talking about individual performance, no, no one is playing better.
He was on pace - until last night. He'll need to average 344 yards per game for the rest of the season, with a hobbled Antonio Gates and Malcom Floyd, and VJax missing the next two games.

Kyle Orton is 8 yards ahead of him, and Peyton is only 18 yards behind him. He's not playing that much better than every QB in the NFL right now...

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

At least you're not biased.

Wheres your valid point?

So now i cant defend my quarterback because im from san diego?

c'mon man jeez
laugh.gif

Wheres your valid point?

So now i cant defend my quarterback because im from san diego?

c'mon man jeez
laugh.gif

Tom Brady has won more games, thrown for the same amount of TD's with less interceptions, and has a higher QB rating.

What has Philip Rivers done to warrant the MVP over him?

I'm a huge Phil fan, but it would take 5000+ yards, and the Chargers winning out, for him to be in the MVP discussion, IMO.

Tom Brady has won more games, thrown for the same amount of TD's with less interceptions, and has a higher QB rating.

I'm a huge Phil fan, but it would take 5000+ yards, and the Chargers winning out, for him to be in the MVP discussion, IMO.

Just glad to be back in that W column, it's going to be a good week regardless now.

Vick finally throws a pick!!!

Andre beating down Cortland was awesome, especially cuz dude isn't get suspended and they both fined the same amount of money.

Just glad to be back in that W column, it's going to be a good week regardless now.

Vick finally throws a pick!!!

Andre beating down Cortland was awesome, especially cuz dude isn't get suspended and they both fined the same amount of money.

This is where im showing no bias. This has to wait out till the end of the season. If rivers gets the chargers into the playoffs, you can't count him out. if not, i have no problem. He does NOT need 5000+ yards. Stop it. They are only one game behind in their division.
Sure brady has won more games, switch their teams up and the records will be the same. Charger's special teams LOST the majority of the games in the beginning, including the game against the patriots, where the chargers had twice as many offensive yards.
What rivers has done with an injury plagued team is nothing short of amazing, Single-handedly keeping the chargers in the playoffs race (until last night, D stepped up).

I know you can make the argument that brady has thrown to nonames for most of the season. So has Rivers, stats look nice too. i dont know why you clearly give the MVP to brady, aside from his record.

orton has not been able to keep his team in the race for the division. They played last week and it showed rivers was superior. Peyton... view last nights game again.

again, i have no problem with either winning mvp. but to completely brush of rivers is nonsense

This is where im showing no bias. This has to wait out till the end of the season. If rivers gets the chargers into the playoffs, you can't count him out. if not, i have no problem. He does NOT need 5000+ yards. Stop it. They are only one game behind in their division.
Sure brady has won more games, switch their teams up and the records will be the same. Charger's special teams LOST the majority of the games in the beginning, including the game against the patriots, where the chargers had twice as many offensive yards.
What rivers has done with an injury plagued team is nothing short of amazing, Single-handedly keeping the chargers in the playoffs race (until last night, D stepped up).

I know you can make the argument that brady has thrown to nonames for most of the season. So has Rivers, stats look nice too. i dont know why you clearly give the MVP to brady, aside from his record.

orton has not been able to keep his team in the race for the division. They played last week and it showed rivers was superior. Peyton... view last nights game again.

again, i have no problem with either winning mvp. but to completely brush of rivers is nonsense

Come on dude, he's playing great this season with his offensive line being injured for a good amount of games, the defense playing crummy most of the year and his top WR's out for a good amount of games.  He's got a better record than Orton and just beat Peyton.  I'm not saying he's winning MVP over Brady or even Manning at this point...but he's playing much better than every QB outside of Brady and Peyton IMO.

Come on dude, he's playing great this season with his offensive line being injured for a good amount of games, the defense playing crummy most of the year and his top WR's out for a good amount of games.  He's got a better record than Orton and just beat Peyton.  I'm not saying he's winning MVP over Brady or even Manning at this point...but he's playing much better than every QB outside of Brady and Peyton IMO.

As I said before I feel bad for what's happened to VY but I sure as hell appreciate Jeff Fisher sabotaging the Titans season to spite him. Texans need those Ws.

CJ2Ks dog act, also appreciated.

Colts getting hammered, also appreciated too.

Jaguars choking in NY, most definitely.

AFC South appreciation week indeed.
pimp.gif

As I said before I feel bad for what's happened to VY but I sure as hell appreciate Jeff Fisher sabotaging the Titans season to spite him. Texans need those Ws.

CJ2Ks dog act, also appreciated.

Colts getting hammered, also appreciated too.

Jaguars choking in NY, most definitely.

AFC South appreciation week indeed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

henz0 wrote:
- Not sold on the Falcons at all

Who cares? 9-2 speaks for itself.

naw bruh I guess we gotta have a hurricane or oil spill to hit our city also for people to buy in to us
why would you say something like that?

because I can

ATL ranks 10th in total offense and 20th in total defense. In a passing league, they rank 27th out of all NFL teams in pass defense. Pretenders. Oh, and that hurricane/oil spill comment was unnecessary.

henz0 wrote:

naw bruh I guess we gotta have a hurricane or oil spill to hit our city also for people to buy in to us
why would you say something like that?

because I can

ATL ranks 10th in total offense and 20th in total defense. In a passing league, they rank 27th out of all NFL teams in pass defense. Pretenders. Oh, and that hurricane/oil spill comment was unnecessary.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

henz0 wrote:

yet they rank 7th in both least points allowed and most points scored, hence the 9-2 record. some stats are misleading...

henz0 wrote:

yet they rank 7th in both least points allowed and most points scored, hence the 9-2 record. some stats are misleading...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

henz0 wrote:

...like the ones you're using. The stats I gave indicate that offenses have had no trouble moving the ball up and down the field against the ATL defense. Stands to reason that playoff teams w/ elite QBs will be able to do so as well, while managing to finish off drives due to the better weapons those teams are sure to have. Of course, this is sports so I could be wrong, evidence to the contrary though.

Back
Top Bottom