NIKE AIR MAG 2015

Just voicing my opinion as you voiced yours. You like having replicas at an affordable price. Having replicas isn't for me. But I can't imagine the stress of wearing a shoe that expensive, so I don't buy them. Not having the shoe is therefore my remaining option.

While you may not be getting them to front like you've got Mags, the reality is that people will see these and think (and rightly so) they are Mags until/unless they take a closer look.

As for semantics, I do think calling them replicas is more accurate than fakes since they don't have the swoosh or Nike branding. But neither one is the real deal so they don't interest me. I'm not interested in fakes/GM/replicas of any other shoe, so I don't see why that would change here.
  Fair enough jayli.  If they don't interest you, that's fine, but it also doesn't mean those of us that are interested are a-holes, and I don't think that's what you meant to imply.  But someone else on here is acting like we committed a mortal sin against the shoe gods.  I appreciate your clarification.

And I also think your semantics are spot on.  Especially since actual, legitimate fakes of this shoe exist.  Different boxing/presentation/branding.  This is more like those old Voits from Payless that looked like Jordan I's haha.  A "wannabe" Mag, if you will, that happen to be a licensed movie prop reproduction.

Peace,

J

Maybe posts about these fakes/replicas should be in Other Brands, especially considering they're not Nike. No need to clutter a thread about real mags with this fake/replica talk.

FWIW, the whole "i can't afford the nike version which is why I bought these," is quite the slippery slope. Imagine if someone couldn't afford a pair of OG military 4s and they decided to by a "replica" or "reproduction" ...

But hey, that's just my opinion. No need for us to agree.

Last edited:
Nike has everyone wrapped around their fingers lol...

These are fake because they're not Nike?

Gimme a break.

Nike has everyone wrapped around their fingers lol...

These are fake because they're not Nike?

Gimme a break.

Well, they're certainly not authentic. It is Nike's design team that created the shoe - I don't think people are being blindly loyal to Nike by saying replicas/fakes/whatever you want to call them aren't the real deal.

Obviously Universal has some level of contractual rights so that they can license these out for replicas to be made, but if not for that, then Nike would certainly be able to sue for copyright infringement.

I'm curious to see what the construction/quality is like when folks get them.

There should be no argument about authenticity. They are authentic. Anything that is officially licensed and not illegally made are authentic. To the point of replicas, all Air Mags are replicas of the original Air Mags from the movie. There was no regular release of Air Mags in the 80's. So those points are moot.

If I was Universal, I would definitely own the rights to all properties associated with a film. It would be difficult to use pictures/images without asking Nike for the sake of just marketing their film.

However, I do agree that these should have their own thread because they are a different shoe from the Nike Air Mags and not made by Nike (though maybe in the same factories, but that's another story).

Last edited:
nah this is niketalk, not Fugazi talk. If you wanna buy fakes go ahead but don't expect ppl here to praise you, the opposite
but they are licensed though so they arent fugazi or Air ****..

Well, they're certainly not authentic. It is Nike's design team that created the shoe - I don't think people are being blindly loyal to Nike by saying replicas/fakes/whatever you want to call them aren't the real deal.

Obviously Universal has some level of contractual rights so that they can license these out for replicas to be made, but if not for that, then Nike would certainly be able to sue for copyright infringement.

I'm curious to see what the construction/quality is like when folks get them.
when i get mines im going to hope they are built good too.

Maybe posts about these fakes/replicas should be in Other Brands, especially considering they're not Nike. No need to clutter a thread about real mags with this fake/replica talk.

FWIW, the whole "i can't afford the nike version which is why I bought these," is quite the slippery slope. Imagine if someone couldn't afford a pair of OG military 4s and they decided to by a "replica" or "reproduction" ...

But hey, that's just my opinion. No need for us to agree.

I'd agree with the Other Brands thing. I'd also like to point out there is a WORLD of difference between "can't afford" and "refuse to pay." Those Mags were NOT easy to obtain. It's not like resellers ran out and swooped up a bunch of quickstrikes, then price gouged by a few bucks. Everything in my size was over $2k, which I could afford, but wasn't willing to pay.

As for your OG Military IV argument, I'll counter with this. For years, Payless has offered name brand shoes that looked nearly identical to Air Jordans, Air Force 1's, Reebok Pumps, etc. Decent build quality, strong resemblance to the more expensive shoe, and offered at a price point for folks that either couldn't afford or refused to pay for the more expensive pairs. Hell, LA Gear made a great version of the AJ IV that was actually sold at spots that sold Nike. Does that make those shoes fakes? No. They were fully licensed, produced with good materials, by a legit brand. Fakes are shoes with trademarked brand labels, which claim to be produced by a name brand company, and include their technology, quality materials, and attention to detail, but are actually produced in shady factories, with iffy materials and no tech, by workers not employed by major brands. Like them or not, this is not what these "BTTF Light Up Shoes" are. Licensed by the movie production company, and with no Nike branding. More on par with the old Payless Voit/Spalding wannabes of the 80's & 90's. Wannabe Mags? Sure. Movie prop/costume replicas? Absolutely. Fakes/variants in the NT sense? No.

Peace,
J

lobol summed up my thoughts exactly.

Has anyone NOT receive a shipped/tracking number email yet?

Last edited:
these are the same fakes that have been out for years, just minus the nike branding.

the guys over at the replica prop forum have been making magic out of these, check them out if you haven't: http://www.therpf.com/f9/nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-171951/index190.html

the only reason I never got a pair of the reproductions is cause they aren't accurate enough for my taste and I want to see if nike does anything next year.
Knowing nike.. they will retail for $400 bucks and they will only make 2015 pairs that will be online only.. BOTS ATC hackers and BTTF Fanatics will go insane and these will be the new Air Yeezy 3's by Nike.. they will hyperbeast them soo bad and they will resell for 20150 bucks.. people will be trading these for RO Yeezy 2's + cash..

Why?

Because this is Nike.. They are fly and dont give a **** about everyone getting them.. just hype.. They need to do a pre order system.

Last edited:

I just got off the phone with them and basically whoever hasn't received a shipping confirmation made it to the list of pairs oversold. :frown:

The good news is that she said all orders that didn't make it through - all will be fulfilled when the next shipment comes in which will be end of October/first week of November!!! Stoked. :D *

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with them and basically whoever hasn't received a shipping confirmation made it to the list of pairs oversold.
frown.gif

The good news is that she said all orders that didn't make it through - all will be fulfilled when the next shipment comes in which will be end of October/first week of November!!! Stoked.
happy.gif
but i want mines next week so i can stunt in my Officially Licensed Products..lol

Last edited:
If you guys haven't heard anything outside of your first order confirmation, you might wanna call. I just did fearing the worst, but they confirmed everything was good and immediately sent me a tracking number.

Peace,
J

i got my email and i will be calling today with my sad face that i wont be getting these on the first shipment. :frown:

So the $250 pairs are "real fake"

and these are "fake real"

smh $100 costume boots, didn't know air mags were jordans..

Last edited:
Well, went to walk the dog, and guess what's on my front porch a day early? Overall pretty pleased with em for $85. To my surprise, they were already charged and lit up bright as hell when I tightened the strap. Run a little long, but fit well and are pretty comfy. Nothing special in the box, but presentation is nice, and the paper has BTTF2 logos printed all over.

Unfortunately I don't have time to post pics, but I'm sure there will be plenty soon enough. Those of you that chose to go this route, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Peace,
J

Back
Top Bottom