NIKE AIR MAG 2015

I'm thinking they started producing the technology after filing a patent for it. So I guess they had 3 years to produce a ****-load of tech + shoe elements to prepare for this year's release... so I think 250k-500k pairs might be possible.

Keep dreaming

I'm thinking they started producing the technology after filing a patent for it. So I guess they had 3 years to produce a ****-load of tech + shoe elements to prepare for this year's release... so I think 250k-500k pairs might be possible.
I think it's possible.  But Nike's track record would suggest differently.  A highly sought after shoe like the Air Mags would get like 10 made.....
roll.gif
(a bit of sarcasm). 

I'm in for 3 on these. My body is ready & I'm excited for these to come out.

Do us all a favor and just be "in" for 1 pair. Leave the other 2 for people who would like a shot at getting these without a bot.

I heard retail 700

Anyone that thinks these will be released in greater quantities and cheaper than the 2011 release. Comedy...

They went for an average of 4g... Why the hell would they retail at $700 lol
View media item 1340406

Last edited:
They went for an average of 4g... Why the hell would they retail at $700 lol

You`re absolutely right if we`re talking about another charity release but there`s hope that it`ll get a retail release and 500-700$ sound realistic for such a retail release. When the first rumors came up last year there were also rumors about 2 versions, a cheap version without lights and apparently without Power Lacing and one release that has it all...we`ll see.

This will be the first pair of shoes I pay retail for in over 11 years. I WILL cop these sneakers. This is holy grail status!!!!!!!

So far most of what everyone has stated is simply "rumor"...no concrete anything other than they'll release. I expect Nike to disappoint MANY people with this just like 2011. It is what it is though at this point. Nike is not out to please anybody except their bottom line. I think the less wild speculation we have in here the better. And I definitely don't think Nike is making a full version and watered down version. You want watered down? Go buy those costume Mags from Oct. they get the job done better than a non lighting Nike pair that would be overpriced to begin with.

IMO retail would easily be $500...a champ LeBron XI Elite for NO CHAMPIONSHIP last year retailed at $295...and Mags actually have some tech in them. No way these scoot out a retail door for less.

I will patiently wait for my email from Nike regarding this release like they stated when I registered my 2011 pair.

So far most of what everyone has stated is simply "rumor"...no concrete anything other than they'll release. I expect Nike to disappoint MANY people with this just like 2011. It is what it is though at this point. Nike is not out to please anybody except their bottom line. I think the less wild speculation we have in here the better. And I definitely don't think Nike is making a full version and watered down version. You want watered down? Go buy those costume Mags from Oct. they get the job done better than a non lighting Nike pair that would be overpriced to begin with.

IMO retail would easily be $500...a champ LeBron XI Elite for NO CHAMPIONSHIP last year retailed at $295...and Mags actually have some tech in them. No way these scoot out a retail door for less.

I will patiently wait for my email from Nike regarding this release like they stated when I registered my 2011 pair.

This. Just tell me what the deal is NIKE, I don't need any speculation.

After reading through the patent I saw nothing about the NIKE logo on the strap actaully glowing.  
mean.gif

Repped. People love speculating and drumming up rumors - in time, we'll all find out what it is and it's out of our hands, so not worth stressing over. Def would appreciate hearing any communication Nike has with 2011 owners.

After reading through the patent I saw nothing about the NIKE logo on the strap actaully glowing.  :smh:
Pretty sure you wouldn't need a patent for having lights on sneakers. That has been done already.

Anyone have a pair of mags laying around? My assumption is that if these are to release in October, the shoes are likely in production or soon to be put in production.

Pretty sure you wouldn't need a patent for having lights on sneakers. That has been done already.

Anyone have a pair of mags laying around? My assumption is that if these are to release in October, the shoes are likely in production or soon to be put in production.
Plus it would be a separate patent anyway if they did apply for one.  The patent the other guy read through was for an auto lacing mechanism (or whatever they called it).

Repped. People love speculating and drumming up rumors - in time, we'll all find out what it is and it's out of our hands, so not worth stressing over. Def would appreciate hearing any communication Nike has with 2011 owners.

If and when I get any other communication from Nike I will definitely post it up here for you guys to read. I will also look at my size/production tags on my pair at home. See when they were finished as opposed to when they were actually up for auction. I received my pair Sept, 23.

View media item 1340683
All this Mag news today made me want to snap a pic of all my BTFF stuff...

no way the 2011 version plus power laces will be anything else but super limited and prolly auctioned again at sky high prices.

id prefer to get a wearable, non lighted, non power lace GR version that looks 100% movie accurate at a reasonable cost. nike can donate a % of the GR to charity.

I guess well know in a few months which way its going to go anyway.

I copped the NBC/Universal licensed ones for $100 sans the nike check so Im happy.

I guess that Taiwanese factory has no moles...
They kept the whole process really close to the chest.I remember reading in an interview with Tiffany Beers that the wear test samples were actually covered in a shroud and that boxes that they were transported and kept in just said "Nike".

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further
Thanks for posting that interview.

Of course, the decision to release them as a regular release is not entirely up to Tinker Hatfield but preserving the value of what people paid in 2011 sounds like if it were up to him, the Power Laces release will be another very limited / very expensive release and that`ll be it.

Last edited:

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further
Thanks for posting that Interview.

Of course, the decision to release them as a regular release is not entirely up to Tinker Hatfield but "preserving the value of what people paid in 2011" sounds like if it were up to him, the Power Laces release will be another very limited / very expensive release and that`ll be it.
i agree with you, that it's probably going to be very limited.  but i could just dream that they will make it easier for everyone to get a pair.

Back
Top Bottom