NIKE AIR MAG 2015

these are going to be impossible to get if it's a nike.com quickstrike release with a twitter link to the US NIKE PAGE... canadians can't order jordans off that site and i wonder if it's going to the same deal with the AIR MAGS with powerlacing. i just hope i have at least a chanace of getting them.    any body know anything new regarding the number of pairs they're going to release?

If that were to happen they would probably do the nike online raffle for them

I was thinking the raffle experiments were probably for these too. Maybe not but it would make sense

Last edited:
I think that they would do another ebay auction for these especially since people from 2011 have priority, but if they do drop on ndc it will either be surprise drop like ovos or jeezy 2s or most likely the raffle

WAY TOO MANY OF THOSE ^^^ .... I WAS WATCHING BACK TO THE FUTURE THE OTHER DAY WHEN IT RANDOMLY CAME ON TV TOO :smokin

The shoe—based on the movie theory—is suppose to be released exactly one month from today, but yet, we still have not seen one leak. This leads one to believe that an Air Mag will not be released on Oct 21. Hopefully, Nike will release something special in order to suffice and honor the iconic date, though as of now it does not seem likely.

Last edited:
24b13er.jpg

:wow:

Wonder who owns those.
Last I saw there was a pair in the possession of a prop house display in CA I think, so genreally speaking these come from private collectors or prop houses. According to Tinker he said he recalls 6 total pairs being produced for the film. 1 pair had holes in the bottom so the prop guys could pull the "power laces" on and the rest were probably "hero" pairs (pairs with better quality and detail used for closer detailed shots) and "stunt" pairs. Most likely with no lights and slightly different materials. This pair looks like a non lighted hero pair. MJF had battery packs in his pockets (watch the movie closely you can see them) with a cable that ran up his pant leg to power the Mag lights. The description mentions nothing of a battery cable or the previous existence of one. I could be wrong about this pair, but if you watch Nike's mini documentary on the 2011 release, Tinker shows a Mag in the case and you can see the flat grey cable wound up at the collar of the shoe.

Interesting reading...and better pics of the battery pack I mentioned

http://sneakernews.com/2008/07/14/nike-mag-marty-mcflys-back-to-the-future-ii-prototype/

Last edited:
Last I saw there was a pair in the possession of a prop house display in CA I think, so genreally speaking these come from private collectors or prop houses. According to Tinker he said he recalls 6 total pairs being produced for the film. 1 pair had holes in the bottom so the prop guys could pull the "power laces" on and the rest were probably "hero" pairs (pairs with better quality and detail used for closer detailed shots) and "stunt" pairs. Most likely with no lights and slightly different materials. This pair looks like a non lighted hero pair. MJF had battery packs in his pockets (watch the movie closely you can see them) with a cable that ran up his pant leg to power the Mag lights. The description mentions nothing of a battery cable or the previous existence of one. I could be wrong about this pair, but if you watch Nike's mini documentary on the 2011 release, Tinker shows a Mag in the case and you can see the flat grey cable wound up at the collar of the shoe.

Interesting reading...and better pics of the battery pack I mentioned

http://sneakernews.com/2008/07/14/nike-mag-marty-mcflys-back-to-the-future-ii-prototype/

This is what needs to be on niketalk more often. Great read. Facts.

I think these will be an unannounced drop.  If they were going to be lottery, the OVOs were going to be lottery.  The amount of people who would sit on them in their carts with the lottery would be too high.

If you look at the date on that particular article, it says 2008, so alllll of that was written 3 years before the 2011 auctions (although they were 5 years in development if ya'll remember Tinker and Tiffany speaking about how the project originally came about). So it predates all the silly hype and nonsense that we see in this thread and on social media on a daily basis, hence the non speculative, fact filled article. Back then nobody thought these would drop ever.

Now what is funniest to me, is that I'll post something, as fact laden as I can provide...and a few guys will read and comment, and sometimes it's the same guys who have been posting in here...awesome. Then you'll get a new jack jump in here, totally disregard or flat out not read previous pages of info, and drop their $.02 that just exacerbates the nonsense permeating the (non)release of this shoe.

Last edited:

If you look at the date on that particular article, it says 2008, so alllll of that was written 3 years before the 2011 auctions (although they were 5 years in development if ya'll remember Tinker and Tiffany speaking about how the project originally came about). So it predates all the silly hype and nonsense that we see in this thread and on social media on a daily basis, hence the non speculative, fact filled article. Back then nobody thought these would drop ever.

Now what is funniest to me, is that I'll post something, as fact laden as I can provide...and a few guys will read and comment, and sometimes it's the same guys who have been posting in here...awesome. Then you'll get a new jack jump in here, totally disregard or flat out not read previous pages of info, and drop their $.02 that just exacerbates the nonsense permeating the (non)release of this shoe.

Yup thats about right. Its all fine and good to say what you will was gonna happen but at the end of the day facts are facts

Cool read. I just read a book saying how they created three different Deloreans - a detailed one for close shots, a less detailed one for far shots, and one cut up for the interior shots. Kinda cool the Mags were treated with similar detail (since they were a relatively smaller part of the movie compared to the Delorean)

Cool read. I just read a book saying how they created three different Deloreans - a detailed one for close shots, a less detailed one for far shots, and one cut up for the interior shots. Kinda cool the Mags were treated with similar detail (since they were a relatively smaller part of the movie compared to the Delorean)
Generally speaking all movie props, like the Ghostbusters proton packs, etc...have "hero" versions which are as you said the most detailed and best built. Then less detailed "stunt" versions.

Back
Top Bottom