NIKE AIR MAG 2015

Nike's gonna come through on the 21st. They won't pass up on world changing publicity, even if there is only 10 pairs in existence.

Honestly the more I think about it....i might have to concur with dc30 dc30 I just don't see these happening....

In order to get self lacing tech right....straight out the box....no look see samples...no real prototypes...on a large enough scale to satisfy the masses...we would have heard/seen something by now....

I mean damn they can't even keep up with quality control for Jordans but we are gonna get self laces sneakers????

I don't think Nike would take the chance putting out an inferior product at what most likely will be a crazy price point to justify the tech only for people to ***** and complain they don't work...

It took them 5 years to develop a sneaker that lights up and truth be told I haven't heard a lot of complaints which means they took the time to get it right...

I'm not sure what the patent date was/is for self lacing....but I just don't see them getting it right the first swing at the bat...

They may produce one...and auction it off...but if we are expected a release ala NDC...I don't see it

Hey I could be wrong...but it just seems like a stretch to me....

Again...I hope I'm wrong

I hope you're wrong too, but I kinda agree... Less then a week away and nothing. Fingers crossed but I think we might be disappointed.

Good point. Getting the power laces right (assuming they haven't yet), and preserving the value of the 2011 auction is probably more important than doing something just because of the date in the movie.

Plus the shoes were seemingly already available for retail for Doc to buy them... If Nike was doing a stunt, trying to be like the movie, then they should release them before the 21st so they'll be here for Marty McFly to put on when he gets here.

Last edited:
Next Toyota video is up on their site, promoting two vehicles that will be revealed on 10/21

That little video is great. The car should be the Toyota Mirai. It's their new Hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. The 21st is the official sale date. It's Toyota's nod to Mr. Fusion kind of. Here's some info
https://ssl.toyota.com/mirai/?&srch...General_E|Mirai+-+Pre+Order+7.20.15|Mirai_MLP

The truck is going to be a Tacoma recreation of Marty's 4x4. 3 of them were madr and will be on display. One in CA, one in Times Square NYC, and 1 in Dallas.

ayipapi ayipapi
31rwdyF.gif

I wrote the same thing in my reposting of that interview...5 years just to get the shoe right in terms of wearability, durability, materials, and a functioning, rechargeable light system. Power lacing would require fully reengineering the entire shoe. Materials would have to be different to accommodate for the continuous motor tension and friction of the laces and ankle strap. Too many changeable variables from the 2011 release to a fully functioning pair. And don't forget...the original props did have functioning lights so you can work off rough schematics of old tech. Power laces NEVER worked. Prop guys under the street set pulled them by hand. So Nike would be starting from scratch.

As for the patent...has anyone even actually read it? The patent from 2009 is for a "lighted" shoe only, detailing most likely what turned out to be the 2011 pair.

The later patent does indeed outline a "self fastening system for the upper" but all it is, are drawings and schematics. There is no tech involved in it whatsoever. No descriptions on how the system works, components, nothing. All a patent does is protect an idea and intended result of an idea. If engineering and tech is presented than that is protected as well. But by no means does it guarantee a final product. My stepson recently sought out InventHelp for a product. We had to draw a schematic, and give dimensions, have it reviewed by a patent board and then apply for and have the patent granted. But in analytically looking at the patent it looks like it's just an idea but no concrete details on anything function wise.

Some of you might be tired of reading my stuff, but hey, I'm hopeful too, but by really looking at what is out there I can't be too hopeful on it. Like superstarlord superstarlord I'm prob more interested in the things we know are actually going down next week.

Last edited:
They can`t miss that opportunity. They just can`t. Project is top secret, of course nothing has surfaced so far. The announcement for the 2011 auctions came out of nowhere. Random drop on 10/21 like the Red Octobers, that`s what`s going to happen.

...that`s my hope but I share most people`s scepticism. :frown:

i think this is such  HUGE opportunity too.  It could be such an awesome/epic collaboration if done correctly. Hopefully Nike seizes the opportunity or Marty and Doc might have to go back to correct them dropping the ball...LOL

A Mag release would be a huge thing no matter what the date was. It would be a cool detail and an easy way to market its release if they came out on 10/21/15, but really, it'd be huge no matter what.

Plus with the geniuses that work in Nike's marketing, they can make any random day two years from now feel as special.

Strange that Nike hasn't come out and denied their release (recently) or announced any other big BTTF news. Their affiliation with the movie franchise over the years and we are coming up to the most important date of the movie series and we got nothing from Nike. Surely they got something planned.

21st would be too late, in the movie the shoe was already in-hand on the 21st, if they drop somehow online it has to be few days earlier. If they drop instore somewhere on the 21st thats another story

Remember: Doc travelled beyond oct 21 a few times to see what happens to martin mcfly. He knew that martins sister marlene will be judged for 20 years.
Maybe he had some spare time and bought the shoes in january 2016. : )

You are absolutely correct, this would be possible. Maybe be brought the mags from the future back to the earlier future :smile:

hate to see Michael J Fox like that :frown:

It's definitely not how you'd like to see someone, especially someone who has been an entertainer to a lot of us growing up. Whether McFly, Michael P Keaton, or even Teen Wolf...but considering the time he's had it the general sharp decline a lot of people experience with Parkinson's...he's actually not doing so bad. There are people who are worse off who've had the disease for a far shorter period of time. My girl is a PT and she sees a lot of Parkinson's patients.

Strange that Nike hasn't come out and denied their release (recently) or announced any other big BTTF news. Their affiliation with the movie franchise over the years and we are coming up to the most important date of the movie series and we got nothing from Nike. Surely they got something planned.

When Jedi was in here, he mentioned that his Universal source confirmed that Nike has been trying to distance themselves from the BTTF franchise since the 2011 release. Take that for what it's worth. But even though Nike has done some themed shoes in the past, I'm not sure if they needed direct licensing from Universal on any of them. I could be wrong though. But I do think Nike likes to think of themselves as leaders, and not really riding side car on anyones coat tails. I think a lot of you guys are over estimating Nike's "capitalizing on nostalgia" factor. The people at Nike would rather splash with big news of a new tech shoe than a revamped movie prop. My opinion.

But I will say that this pic is dope AF...

Last edited:
I'll just have to wear these on 10/21, at least it was a direct reference from Nike with the hoverboard themed insole, as opposed to just a similar colorway

Last edited:
I would be lying if I didn't admit Marty's truck didn't influence my love for Toyota....and my current ride.

thumbs up for fellow tacoma owner :D

Yeah this is cool as well. It came before the "Statler Toyota" commercial posted above. Just sucks that no Tacoma version is going to be available for sale, just 3 demo versions.

yeah but you can mod a taco to look like it anyway if you had a mind to.

I just wish the tacoma was still as small as it was back then.

Back
Top Bottom