Nike Basketball Signature 2015

If DL gets his own Nike sig then I should too. What has he done in the L besides win the skills competition? Same with Kyrie. I'm still tryna figure out why he's so popular. I can name 10 PGs better than him.

Paul George deserves a sig before Kyrie and Harden, in my opinion.

And depending on the price of the LeBron XII, I might jump ship to the KD line. Never thought I'd see the day where a shoe's retail price might scare me away. Might cop a colorway or a low, but that's it.

I'd be shocked if the KD7 was set at $140 again. It went up $10 last year so I expect $150. Speaking of the KD7 does has anyone heard anything?

If DL gets his own Nike sig then I should too. What has he done in the L besides win the skills competition? Same with Kyrie. I'm still tryna figure out why he's so popular. I can name 10 PGs better than him.

Unanimous rookie of the year, numerous game winning buckets, all-star this year...

What happened to "I don't want my shoes to cost more than $100"?

Unanimous rookie of the year, numerous game winning buckets, all-star this year...

Still not nearly enough to get his own sig IMO. Let him at least play a playoff game 1st. PG and Harden I'm good with. Harden has a popular gimmick and has been on a finals team. PG has been 1 game away from getting past the NBA champs the last 2 years & is a legit superstar in the L now.

Still not nearly enough to get his own sig IMO. Let him at least play a playoff game 1st. PG and Harden I'm good with. Harden has a popular gimmick and has been on a finals team. PG has been 1 game away from getting past the NBA champs the last 2 years & is a legit superstar in the L now.
I agree with you to a certain extent. You also have to take into consideration that most signature athletes are given their first sig without accomplishing anything. Just based on pure "forecast" as to what they can become. LeBron, KD, Melo, CP3 have all been given sigs way before they accomplished anything significant. Nike has been precautious with whom they give sigs to lately. At least all 3 have gotten the All-Star nod for at least 2 years in a row now, and their popularity is rising as well as their game. 

Harden is a good player to have a sig. His team is on the verge of being an annual contender. Has a unique look, plays a wing position, has charisma, and he is relatively young. He also is one of the best two guards in the league and plays in a pretty big market. I see why nike would give him a fair try plus hopefully his shoe is under 120 with some unique color options..

I agree with you to a certain extent. You also have to take into consideration that most signature athletes are given their first sig without accomplishing anything. Just based on pure "forecast" as to what they can become. LeBron, KD, Melo, CP3 have all been given sigs way before they accomplished anything significant. Nike has been precautious with whom they give sigs to lately. At least all 3 have gotten the All-Star nod for at least 2 years in a row now, and their popularity is rising as well as their game. 

The only thing about those others was Bron was a superstar before he got to the league. Melo was coming off winning the National Championship and dominating the NCAA. KD was a unstoppable scoring machine at Texas who was projected to be a superstar. CP the same but as a pure floor general PG. They've all lived up and are top 10 players now. DL is on his way, he just didn't have the buzz those others did coming out. Honestly off the top of my head I can't remember what collage DL went to.

Last edited:
I think Nike is simply banking on Kyrie's popularity as one who's able to pull-off flashy moves on the court. Sort of an overrated player. Just sort of. Sure, there are other guards out there in the league who are more consistent than Kyrie, but that's not really the point, I think, why Nike is willing to give the man his own sig. It all boils down to the hype in Kyrie's image.

And given that he's the latest ASG MVP, well...

I can't argue that. He is a popular player. I'm just not a fan of his game yet. A lot of flash and scoring and just a few weeks back he tied his career high in assist with 12. Starting PG and 12 assist is his high in 3 years? Not to mention the team has been brutally bad over that time. Not much help but still I expect more from a sig athlete. Especially in the East this year. Still pissed my Wizards are 1-2 against them this season. Smh

Last edited:
At the end of the day, that's really for Nike to decide. Business as usual. Stats won't be the deciding factor. Popularity will be.

If Nike is going to give anybody a sig Nike will have to profit and who shoes out of harden, PG and kyrie will be $$$

Hardens have my vote. I wanna see this Flyknit/Posite Frankenstein they've got cooking. The beard campaign sounds cool also.

Last edited:
What happened to "I don't want my shoes to cost more than $100"?

When he started to see them checks dude gave no damns no more

Honestly chill tho bro you really want his shoes going back to looking this cheap

View media item 828415
Idk bout yall but his shoes 1 - 3 looked hella cheap IMO

When it comes to Sigs it shouldnt matter what you have done, but what are you are capable of doing down the line, you are probably one of those who disputed KD and Lebron getting sig shoes as early as they did

Last edited:
When he started to see them checks dude gave no damns no more

Honestly chill tho bro you really want his shoes going back to looking this cheap

View media item 828415
Idk bout yall but his shoes 1 - 3 looked hella cheap IMO
When it comes to Sigs it shouldnt matter what you have done, but what are you are capable of doing down the line, you are probably one of those who disputed KD and Lebron getting sig shoes as early as they did

Not at all. I gave reasons why they got sigs but DL right now isn't as popular or good as them guys were coming out. You could give half the league a sig based off potential. Beal, Parsons, Carter Williams, Dragic, Thompson, I can go on and on with young players with potential. DL is a good player but isn't even the best player on his team. The players I named were stars before they hit the L. DL just got on the map.

I was arguing for kyrie and umm i meant like if they are capable of superstardom

Kyrie already on the cusp of superstardom and the other getting sigs are there too

Most of the players you mention have potential to be great but not superstars you get me

I feel you. Kyrie has the flash and is already a popular player. I personally am not a fan of his game but I can understand him getting his own sig. He was voted a starter in the ASG this year by the fans too.....even though we all know and AGREE John Wall should have started. Lol

Kyrie was 3 votes away from being unanimous rookie of year
Won the 3-pt contest
Was all-star MVP this year.

And if you don't like watching him play, there is something wrong with you. Period.

He's flashy but in all honesty I don't actively search for Cavs games. Lol. He's good but also a shoot first PG who makes no one around him better. There's other shoot first PGs that I'd rather watch. Westbrook and Rose when healthy being 2. To top that off what number is Kyrie if we're ranking PGs? 21 & 6 is ok but Dragic, Wall, Curry and DL numbers and teams are better to name a few. He's a middle of the road PG with flash.....like Rubio.

Last edited:
I guess your opinion is your opinion. But I just sounds to me like you're knocking the dude for not being a pure PG. Which to be is short sighted. He plays on a bad team, and his major role is to score.

Comparing him to Rubio is ******* ridiculous though. The dude is a beast. Was is HS, he was in college, he is now.

******* Rubio :smh: . Homeboy said Rubio :smh: Saying stuff like that makes it sound like you don't even watch basketball

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom