NIKE RESTOCK 5/5/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
they changed the links for Kobes restock, people just searched for those shoes and added them before the tweet

You were in the restock thread a lot. Did you cop anything ?

got caught slipping. i was on point ever since they announced it. for some reason i wasnt thinking and was napping through the snakeskin release and since i sleep with one eye open, i heard the notification and had a bad feeling.... ran to my computer only to get lucky enough to nab a pair of fire red 5's like 30 minutes after the tweet. i got the captcha for the bred 11's and bred 13's probably 15 times during that time only to get the oos message after completing the captcha. i think these captcha bots are out here now.

You're not alone, bro. 
laugh.gif

As we talked in the other thread. At least you had a chance with Twitter. I have no chance unless I read it here. It's all good though.
it takes 10 minutes to make an account, follow nike, and turn on txt notification.

you will never get a restock if you don't have a twitter account. as much as it sucks, that's just now nike is doing releases. waiting for someone to post in a thread = automatic fail.
Oh I feel you. EVERYTHING nowadays is social media'ed 
laugh.gif

But I'm a little "older" school if that makes sense. I don't need every single shoe. I only collect 11's and 13's and even if I miss a release, I'm FAR from heart broken. I probably didn't have the money to spend on them anyways. But it's fun trying because if I do get a pair, I feel good and I feel like earned it. 

You're not alone, bro. 
laugh.gif

As we talked in the other thread. At least you had a chance with Twitter. I have no chance unless I read it here. It's all good though.
Bruh I'm barely on Twitter. I was skyping some girl when the restock dropped and I will hate her eternally for the pain this has caused me. I might need counseling.

Seriously though, I saw someone say "I got ____ from the restock" I said "WHAT RESTOCK", dude said "The one you just missed"

LMAO

YOU were the one saying unfair. I said it levels the playing field which it does.

i just dont believe in catering to the people who don't care to learn how to get releases - this is the same perspective that bot users have bruh... just an FYI
i completely understand what you are saying and it makes sense. but bots arent pm's. as much as they seem like they are the same honestly.

Found out a hour late lmao. I thought it was going to be announced since they said "stay tuned for a later date"

I'm always too late -- always too late.
I was watching since it was announced, stepped outside to fix a leaky hose, 30 mins later, I realized I missed it. lol

it takes 10 minutes to make an account, follow nike, and turn on txt notification.
Not happening. While I love Jordan's, and while I totally understand EVERYTHING is socialized media, I just ain't signing up for any of it. I've lurked here for a long time before signing up, which is how I got most of my info. If I miss the immediate "tweet" restocks, so be it. The planned ones people make threads about, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, I don't miss an ounce of sleep over these restocks. 

Last edited:
man that march restock was just a mess. Restock info leaked and on top of that shoes started popping up randomly but you couldnt add to cart so people already knew it was going down. 

YOU were the one saying unfair. I said it levels the playing field which it does.

i just dont believe in catering to the people who don't care to learn how to get releases - this is the same perspective that bot users have bruh... just an FYI

i completely understand what you are saying and it makes sense. but bots arent pm's. as much as they seem like they are the same honestly.

Look, I honestly have no beef with either BUT a pm is a different form of an automatic script therefore it is a bot. Just much easier to use, free, and easier to access.

I was watching since it was announced, stepped outside to fix a leaky hose, 30 mins later, I realized I missed it. lol
Always happens when we step out real quick, never happens when we're glued to the monitor. lol.

Bruh I'm barely on Twitter. I was skyping some girl when the restock dropped and I will hate her eternally for the pain this has caused me. I might need counseling.

Seriously though, I saw someone say "I got ____ from the restock" I said "WHAT RESTOCK", dude said "The one you just missed"

LMAO
I was off Sun and Mon. I came here this morning and saw the thread and went "Ah, I missed it" and laughed to myself. It's all good. Not a big deal at all. It's a shoe, back in my younger day before prioritizes, I was like a lot of people here. To each their own.

Cool Story: 

Successfully got through captcha and added the 2 numbers to prove I'm human all to receive an error message (add to cart) after completing said steps...  
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

I waited in the queue for about 45 minutes on the Steel X, Infrared VI, and Bred XIII. I just don't understand why neither actually added to cart after all of the time.

you will never get a restock if you don't have a twitter account. as much as it sucks, that's just now nike is doing releases. waiting for someone to post in a thread = automatic fail.
Oh I feel you. EVERYTHING nowadays is social media'ed :lol:

But I'm a little "older" school if that makes sense. I don't need every single shoe. I only collect 11's and 13's and even if I miss a release, I'm FAR from heart broken. I probably didn't have the money to spend on them anyways. But it's fun trying because if I do get a pair, I feel good and I feel like earned it. 

to each his own. I don't use my twitter account for anything other than notifications.

I just don't understand how you feel you earned it when then you post you just lurk the threads for info. doesn't sound like much to me.

When I tried for the Lows on NDC, I got to the captcha like 3 different times. On 3 different browsers, the captchas were just white boxes and I couldn't see anything. Just exited it out figured wasn't meant to be. Anyone else have that issue? Just curious if it was my computer or what not. 

I was off Sun and Mon. I came here this morning and saw the thread and went "Ah, I missed it" and laughed to myself. It's all good. Not a big deal at all. It's a shoe, back in my younger day before prioritizes, I was like a lot of people here. To each their own.
Yea, it is what it is. It's just a sneaker lol. I would've had to charge it to my credit card, anyways.

Look, I honestly have no beef with either BUT a pm is a different form of an automatic script therefore it is a bot. Just much easier to use, free, and easier to access.
yeah i hear ya. i just look at it as.... die hard must have sneakerheads shouldnt NECESSARILLY be put on the same playing field with joe schmoe "yeah i'd buy some j's i guess" who is at the right place at the right time. thats a very slippery slope though, i get it. thats not something we agree on, it is what it is. 

anywho....

Last edited:
to each his own. I don't use my twitter account for anything other than notifications.

I just don't understand how you feel you earned it when then you post you just lurk the threads for info. doesn't sound like much to me.
So if you have twitter, you earned it more? I'm lost. I mean earned it as far as getting it. Look, I see the love for sneakers around here, I really do. I have it as well. But this is a small hobby, that's it. And with that said, I would bet 95% of ALL my internet time, is at work. I'm never on a computer at home. I don't really care if Nike tweets out a release and I miss it. If I'm around for a scheduled restock, cool. If not, cool. Some of these cat's here let this **** run their lives. As you said, to each their own. 

Last edited:
Salty.  Was ready but Nike caught me at the worst possible time away from all computers.  Oh well, on to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom