NIKE RESTOCK 5/5/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the restock, wasnt even around my phone or computer. After looking at previous posts I wouldnt have cooked anyway, especially wearing a 10.5.

Nike's captcha and checkout system have become a problem. Sometimes with captcha I get stuck at the fourth image after selecting it. It is a good a "fix" to make things more "fair", but I think Nike should do away with it, it is messin **** up.

I dont know if I believe people having bots that can do the captcha, if so then damn haha

Last edited:
Wait, dudes are saying that using a previous link to the SAME shoe is an "unfair advantage" ?
:lol:
Even if you don't know the link, it isn't hard to find.
Because, you know, the INTERNET.

Again, i dont see how using the OLD link is an unfair advantage. Nike does this probably to give people an advantage. Its not exactly brain surgery to know to try the old link. Kind of ridiculous to say that using an old link gives people an unfair advantage. At the end of the day, a lot of people want these things to fall in theur laps and it doesnt work that way. Changing things that already make sense for those people is like swimming up river.

And u can leave pm's out of this. Those arent an unfair advantage when everyone can do it.

biased much?

Page monitors are an advantage to those that know about them and until the last few months, they WERE NOT common knowledge. Creating a new link definitely levels the playing field more.
With the last restock, dudes with page monitors were able to sit back and add damn near every shoe they wanted before the nike tweet went out. Dudes had the prelude 1-7s and checked out.

Like others stated...I don't think "bots" are what caused the majority of things being scooped up so quickly...

I made a post for the last restock posing a picture of me having 10+ tabs open for various shoes, and a user made a comment "ever heard of a page monitor?".  I actually hadn't...still trying to learn how to get shoes in this new age.

So, did my research on what they were, downloaded Chrome, and installed the page monitor.  Set them up for the Fears (Vs and IVs), 88s, and Bred 1s.  Was sitting here on NT after the nightshade re-release, and it started to chime.  Instantly opened the Fear V link, went through CAPCHA, and was in my cart relatively quickly.

If that's an unfair advantage...well...I guess I'm guilty.  If Nike would have changed the link, I would have missed out.  I didn't notice the notification on my phone until at least 60-90 seconds after I was adding the Fear Vs to my cart (it could have come right after, but was focused on the stupid stained glass lol).  

And Nike HAS started to thwart some bot users...that RSVPers site had 100 ISPS (according to their Twitter) blocked due usage.  Grated, they are on a larger scale than the average Joe using one, but at least it's something.  Is is completely fixed...no...but with them starting to crack down on the ATC users, and adding CAPCHA, at least they are TRYING after their statement of "commitment to fairness", when in all reality, they weren't doing a whole lot to stop people.

Wait, dudes are saying that using a previous link to the SAME shoe is an "unfair advantage" ?
:lol:

completely missed the point but I guess its the internet and the point isn't always there.

Luck was definitely on your side if you copped using nike's tweet. I wish i went for a more common size but it is what it is.

I'll forget this restock even happened by the next release. 
laugh.gif

Definitely not, the black/red XI's restocked last night and those dropped Christmas 2012.

I'm sure more Gamma's will pop up.
Hasn't it been like, 5 restocks for the Gammas already?

Every chance I get I fail lol, even though I came back in the sneaker game late and missed a lot of restocks.

I missed it because I have absolutely no social media accounts at all.

I check here once in a while but I don't live and die by kicks like some of you guys. 
laugh.gif
 Not to mention I'm off Mondays and when I'm off, I am NEVER on a computer or my phone unless I'm texting or making a call. 

Definitely not, the black/red XI's restocked last night and those dropped Christmas 2012.

I'm sure more Gamma's will pop up.

Every chance I get I fail lol, even though I came back in the sneaker game late and missed a lot of restocks.

You need a rerelease. Restocks are so hit or miss it's not even funny.

I dont know how you didnt get them off the last restock. I was able to add them to cart 15 minutes after nike tweeted the link. 

I understand where old links and page monitors etc carry an advantage.
But the advantage isn't unfair, as everyone can get ahold of those tools.
I stopped with page monitor awhile back bc it annoyed the hell outta me.
But I see how the page monitor works excellently on an old link.
This time around, the old link and Twitter was all I needed.

I dont know how you didnt get them off the last restock. I was able to add them to cart 15 minutes after nike tweeted the link. 
Found out a hour late lmao. I thought it was going to be announced since they said "stay tuned for a later date"

I'm always too late -- always too late.

call it an advantage all you want. just don't call it unfair. i'm not biased, i just dont believe in catering to the people who don't care to learn how to get releases. but i understand where you are coming from.

Last edited:
call it an advantage all you want. just don't call it unfair. i'm not biased. i just dont believe in catering to the people who don't care to learn how to get releases.
You were in the restock thread a lot. Did you cop anything ?

laugh.gif

That wasn't the case last time, people actually kept their mouth shut

Found out a hour late lmao. I thought it was going to be announced since they said "stay tuned for a later date"

You're not alone, bro. 
laugh.gif

As we talked in the other thread. At least you had a chance with Twitter. I have no chance unless I read it here. It's all good though.

call it an advantage all you want. just don't call it unfair. i'm not biased, i just dont believe in catering to the people who don't care to learn how to get releases.

YOU were the one saying unfair. I said it levels the playing field which it does.

i just dont believe in catering to the people who don't care to learn how to get releases - this is the same perspective that bot users have bruh... just an FYI

Last edited:

You're not alone, bro. :lol:

As we talked in the other thread. At least you had a chance with Twitter. I have no chance unless I read it here. It's all good though.

you will never get a restock if you don't have a twitter account. as much as it sucks, that's just now nike is doing releases. waiting for someone to post in a thread = automatic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom