Nike Zoom Kobe V

Originally Posted by burnout

e2b26c45650ae3ee64b9dc37755562cc7c0cfc91.jpg
eek.gif

How light are these? Anybody know... are they lighter than the IVs???

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by TXZ

Originally Posted by BP the owner

Good stuff Keon! I'm definitely going to put in work on these.

IMO Kobe V > Lebron VII
This Kobe vs. Lebron thing is this generation's Air Jordans vs. Barkley's signature kicks. I myself like to see a designer try to create the most lightweight shoe possible without sacrificing cushioning and fit, so I'm biased towards the Kobes. Which is not to say that AP wasn't thinking of those elements when designing the new Lebrons; it's just that Lebron is a big guy and needs the Air Max 360 cushioning. Plus, it makes the midsole glow which is a plus, aesthetically speaking. I just like the stripped-down, lean & mean Kobes more.

I want to see the Kobe V in an all black colorway like in that sample some guy posted awhile back (not like that black/graphite/blue shoe).

Fixed, let's just be honest here...no need for all the elaborate justification that you just gave.
OK so cliff notes for you:

Kobe vs. Lebron is like Air Jordans vs. Barkleys.
Kobe V > Lebron VII
I want an all-black Kobe V colorway.

Happy?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TXZ

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by TXZ

Originally Posted by BP the owner

Good stuff Keon! I'm definitely going to put in work on these.

IMO Kobe V > Lebron VII
This Kobe vs. Lebron thing is this generation's Air Jordans vs. Barkley's signature kicks. I myself like to see a designer try to create the most lightweight shoe possible without sacrificing cushioning and fit, so I'm biased towards the Kobes. Which is not to say that AP wasn't thinking of those elements when designing the new Lebrons; it's just that Lebron is a big guy and needs the Air Max 360 cushioning. Plus, it makes the midsole glow which is a plus, aesthetically speaking. I just like the stripped-down, lean & mean Kobes more.

I want to see the Kobe V in an all black colorway like in that sample some guy posted awhile back (not like that black/graphite/blue shoe).

Fixed, let's just be honest here...no need for all the elaborate justification that you just gave.
OK so cliff notes for you:

Kobe vs. Lebron is like Air Jordans vs. Barkleys.
Kobe V > Lebron VII
I want an all-black Kobe V colorway.

Happy?
eyes.gif
^WOAH
LEBRON IIs, IIIs, IVs, VIs, and VII are stylin on every Kobe but the KOBE IV, i mean you can rock the Lebron II, III, VI, and VII on or off court, the onlyKobe thats good to rock off court were the IVs and maybe the Vs, Lebron models compared to Kobes are more versatile wear wise in my opinion....

its one thing wearing them dude.... but do they perform well?....

look wise, i'll give you my honest opinion. and yeah I'm a Kobe fan.

ZK1 > lbj1... you cant tell me the design is appealing on the zoom generations... those look like JCpenny Nike shoes.
ZK2>< lbJ 2 ..... both really cant be worn with just any color jeans.... performance wise, i loved the zk2. my favorite balling shoe ever.
LBJ3>ZK3... look wise in a way. even tho the 3s were crazy stupid looking. Performance... it would go to the zk3. anyone will tell you that the lbj3s arenot comy at all to play in....

now....

the zk4 and the LBJ4..... i cant answer that.... MAAAANY different thoughts on the LBJIV... my favorite lebron. the zk4.... amazing.... Nike history rightthere... low top.

LBJ5... what can you really say?
the LBJvi... boot looking, comfy but always gave them back to the employee that let me try them on.

now the zk5 and the LBJ7... thats just too soon to tell.

the lbj7 is a good looking shoe... the reason why is b/c of the color selection. an all black pair would Rott on shelves till it turned green.
the ZK5 is a good looking shoe and lighter than the zk4.... the color selection is what makes it appealing as well. an all black ZK5 pair.... I'll let youguys answer that. but we know that it'll sell just cause its Kobe....

i compared them as if we were discussing model series. if I were to compare them by release, then it would be a slaughter on the lbj line.

AZG > kb I- generations were more comfy than the KB Is, KB Is wore out worse than hyperdunks
zl II > kb II- mesh toe, high ankle strap, great traction, light... best lebron performance-wise
zl III > kb III- kb iii had the worst traction ever... only found grip on the cleanest of clean courts. plus zl iii looked 3x better
zl iv < kb iv- although brons ivs were probably the most memorable of his line, the kb iv were classics

with all that said im still excited for the Vs...

Not a big Kobe guy to be honest....never been the best guy on or off the court personality/morals wise....anyways not a terrible shoe but every year they looksimilar

For Sale: NDS Air Trainer SC High White/White-University Blue, NDS Retro Air Jordan VI Low Black/Silver, NDS OG Air Jordan XVI Black/Red, DS OG Air Jordan XVIGingers, NDS Retro Air Jordan XI Low White/University Blue, DS Retro Air Jordan X Black/White, DS Melo 5.5 Black/University Blue (All Size 12)

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

burnout wrote:

eek.gif

it was said in the last page or two that they are
Disgustingly light. Imagine the IV with no bulk. No bulkiness around the collar, no bulkiness wrapping around your heel, nothing.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

burnout wrote:

eek.gif

Disgustingly light. Imagine the IV with no bulk. No bulkiness around the collar, no bulkiness wrapping around your heel, nothing.

eek.gif

smh.gif

Well in that case, I might have to buy 2 or 3 pairs.

i held out on buying zk4s but i'm thinking about getting the away gradients. do you guys think i should hold out for the zk5s?

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

burnout wrote:

eek.gif

eek.gif

smh.gif

Well in that case, I might have to buy 2 or 3 pairs.

Youre gonna feel like you got ripped off. They dont feel like shoes when you hold them
laugh.gif

how can some people say that lebron 1 zoom generations are good looking? and even better thtan the kobe 1?

roll.gif
indifferent.gif

haha I can't really say which one's better for me
I have numerous pairs of IVs, and I've seen the Vs up in person
atleast the Carpe Diem pair over the summer on campus
Performance wise it's all on personal preference
Marshmallow feel of lunar or the Bouncy feel of zoom
for me I've lately IV>Zoom BB1 Low
It's softer impact on my feet and knees than it is with the zooms
but the lunar is improved in the IV it seems to me atleast
I'm still on my first pair of inlines and they have yet to bottom out

but I'll definitely scoop 2 pairs release day of the V

Originally Posted by smurfdavid

The kobe IV's are better than the V's

In terms of what?
laugh.gif

We haven't even seen real live pictures yet, or tried them on.
From what we've seen so far, the V's are looking good from an eye's perspective.

I love the IV's, but I'm not ready to say they are better than the V's, simply on looks.

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

how can some people say that lebron 1 zoom generations are good looking? and even better thtan the kobe 1?

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
Seriously they are toss up for me. I had both.
333iwky.jpg
zoomkobeishoes7.jpg

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
i dont know but maybe people have different opinions about good looking shoes.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Intrigant

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
i dont know but maybe people have different opinions about good looking shoes.
indifferent.gif
exactly, and that was my opinion.
indifferent.gif

7. Olympic/USA
1231mp0.jpg

I hope he'll play for the world championships in turkey.
These will look awesome with the navy USA uni's.
(and hopefully, not with the same crap like they did with the ZK3s, released in GS sizes only
sick.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom