NT, Do I Have A Case??? Vol. Unlawful Termination?

OP, can you really not see how throwing your keys, phone and badge in the trash and then walking off the job could be seen as quitting?

Unless dude said "you're fired", technically you're not fired even though him requesting your keys, phone and badge implies just that.

That's why I initially said that he got the response out if you that he was looking for. Dude put you in a situation where on paper, you look like you were in the wrong (which you partially were). He was wrong too, but by getting you to walk off the job by pissing you off enough, he pretty much made it appear that you quit.

You might have a case for your employer creating a hostile work environment due to him physically stepping to you. But unlawful termination? Highly doubt it.

Nah, I've been chewed out plenty of times. I started getting mad when he was ******* on me about "if you didn't do this, you would have time to do that". Mainly because I bust my *** and he knows it. We got into our little spat, but we both let it go and decided to restart the meeting. When he stepped in my face, I backed off.
I guess to explain it further, we weren't yelling at the top of our lungs. We were having a disagreement over something he said about me. Not saying I was completely right or wrong, but you don't step to anyone's face barking because they didn't agree with you. The tossing of my badge and phone was pretty theatrical, but it doesn't mean I quit. It's not about keeping it real or whatever these clowns in here are getting at, it's completely about respect. And if you let a man do that to you just because he holds your paycheck, I feel sorry for the kid you have to teach how to be a man.

I'm in my early 20s so I'm not really bothered about getting fired, I wasn't gonna work there forever anyway. But this unemployment will definitely help so that I can look for a job I want instead of going with the first person to offer me one. The lady I talked to already told me I'm approved for it, I just have to talk to the labor board.
That's nothing...imagine having a old single black female as a director who has been divorced twice and in her last divorce her husband pretty much cleaned her out financially.

How that happened, I have no idea. 

But that **** messed her head up man, and it was like she had it out for men or something. 

So she had some serious issues, and she would bring all that emotional baggage to work. 

mean.gif

I had a situation similar, but she told me to go home, and **** you think I hesitated to leave?

I left work that day. But I made sure I went to her boss, who was the VP of Academic Affairs, and let her know what was going down, just to cover my back just in case she tried to say I walked off the job. 

I had witnesses too. 

OP, can you really not see how throwing your keys, phone and badge in the trash and then walking off the job could be seen as quitting?

Unless dude said "you're fired", technically you're not fired even though him requesting your keys, phone and badge implies just that.

That's why I initially said that he got the response out if you that he was looking for. Dude put you in a situation where on paper, you look like you were in the wrong (which you partially were). He was wrong too, but by getting you to walk off the job by pissing you off enough, he pretty much made it appear that you quit.

You might have a case for your employer creating a hostile work environment due to him physically stepping to you. But unlawful termination? Highly doubt it.

When somebody ask you for your badge, keys and phone that pretty much means they're terminating you. He never said I was fired exactly, but I also never said I quit regardless of what my actions indicated. I was told on the phone when I talked to my boss that I was terminated.

Nah, I've been chewed out plenty of times. I started getting mad when he was ******* on me about "if you didn't do this, you would have time to do that". Mainly because I bust my *** and he knows it. We got into our little spat, but we both let it go and decided to restart the meeting. When he stepped in my face, I backed off.
I guess to explain it further, we weren't yelling at the top of our lungs. We were having a disagreement over something he said about me. Not saying I was completely right or wrong, but you don't step to anyone's face barking because they didn't agree with you. The tossing of my badge and phone was pretty theatrical, but it doesn't mean I quit. It's not about keeping it real or whatever these clowns in here are getting at, it's completely about respect. And if you let a man do that to you just because he holds your paycheck, I feel sorry for the kid you have to teach how to be a man.

I'm in my early 20s so I'm not really bothered about getting fired, I wasn't gonna work there forever anyway. But this unemployment will definitely help so that I can look for a job I want instead of going with the first person to offer me one. The lady I talked to already told me I'm approved for it, I just have to talk to the labor board.
ur approved for unemployment because you qualify  such as wages in the year, but it doesnt mean your going to get unemployment which you probably will NOT because you quit.

Im sure your job will deny it once they get the letter from unemployment

Fact the facts buddy you quit, you specifically aid you threw your work items in the trash and walked out, in layman terms that mean you quit

That's nothing...imagine having a old single black female as a director who has been divorced twice and in her last divorce her husband pretty much cleaned her out financially.

How that happened, I have no idea. 

But that **** messed her head up man, and it was like she had it out for men or something. 

So she had some serious issues, and she would bring all that emotional baggage to work. 

:smh:

Damn, that blows kid. Glad you got out of that though. I had a few chicks like that at my old job, but they worked in other areas. Gotta be tough dealing with that everyday.

When somebody ask you for your badge, keys and phone that pretty much means they're terminating you. He never said I was fired exactly, but I also never said I quit regardless of what my actions indicated. I was told on the phone when I talked to my boss that I was terminated.
When did you talk to your boss?

The same way him asking you for you works items could mean your terminated and you throwing them in trash and walking out in his eyes could mean your quit. You see how that goes

Just because he asked for your badge etc doesnt mean he was firiing you even if he was, he could had asked for it for a variety of reasons and bosses in big companies dont fire people that way

Fact the facts buddy you quit, you specifically aid you threw your work items in the trash and walked out, in layman terms that mean you quit
so if he would of threw his work items in the trash at his house would that mean he quit the job also?

You handled the situation poorly. You got mad because the boss wanted to give you more work? You should have seen that as a challenge to win instead of being outraged.

You're not looking at things realistically though.  "Pretty much" isn't 100% and you acknowledge that by saying that "he never said I was fired exactly".

So to an employer, walking off the job after not being told you're fired looks like you're quitting.  Simple as that.  And I'm positive that there's some policy about that too, hence why you were later told that you were fired.   

Like I said, dude put you in a position to lose (although you're partially responsible).  Employers do this kind of underhanded **** all the time and it isn't fair at all.  But it also isn't illegal if you willingly walked off your job, regardless of what you thought your employment status was at that moment.  

You're not looking at things realistically though.  "Pretty much" isn't 100% and you acknowledge that by saying that "he never said I was fired exactly".

So to an employer, walking off the job after not being told you're fired looks like you're quitting.  Simple as that.  And I'm positive that there's some policy about that too, hence why you were later told that you were fired.   

Like I said, dude put you in a position to lose (although you're partially responsible).  Employers do this kind of underhanded **** all the time and it isn't fair at all.  But it also isn't illegal if you willingly walked off your job, regardless of what you thought your employment status was at that moment.  

When it happened I never said I quit and he never said I was fired. He asked for my items. When I talked to the boss on the phone a few days later, he said I was terminated. How does one go from thinking I quit, to terminating me, to saying I quit again.

Check your paperwork when you accepted the gig and see if they have an "At will" termination policy. I gives them the right to fire you for any reason.

You can still get unemployment. My wife got "fired" from a law firm when she called out the attorney for inappropriate comments. This clown tells her via text that "This isn't going to work out".  When you sign up for unemployment just state your contract/project ended...it is through a staffing agency after all.

When it happened I never said I quit and he never said I was fired. He asked for my items. When I talked to the boss on the phone a few days later, he said I was terminated. How does one go from thinking I quit, to terminating me, to saying I quit again.
Okay, here's a real life example.  I have a friend from my old job (who still works there) who walked off the job out of frustration.  They didn't fire her and never contemplated it.  Walking off doesn't always end with be fired.  It doesn't HAVE to.  But in your case it did, probably given the circumstances surrounding you walking off.

So in short, you threw your work supplies in the trash, walked off and buddy thought you quit.  You were then terminated from employment.  Why?  Because they thought you quit, which is probably why they're saying you quit. 
laugh.gif

Btw, "termination" doesn't necessarily mean "fired"--it just means you don't work there anymore.  I've had plenty of exit papers that have a "Reason for Termination" area that notes that it was a voluntary termination within the proper guidelines (giving proper notice of last work date).  

I seriously can't grasp how you cannot see this.  
laugh.gif

Okay, and? What does that have to do with anything I wrote.
laugh.gif
it means some one boss cant go around assuming some one quit
Of course they can.  Stop being dense.  So you're telling me that people can just dip out from their job and expect their employer to follow up with them to make sure they still want to work there before terminating employment?  You're delusional or trolling.  Probably both.  

Sounds like you have anger issues OP. 

If your boss asked you to flip the burgers and shake the fries, you do it. If it's too much, you respectfully let him know that you're struggling with the workload. Yelling at him or getting in an heated argument with your boss isn't going to help you in anyway.

Last edited:
Of course they can.  Stop being dense.  So you're telling me that people can just dip out from their job and expect their employer to follow up with them to make sure they still want to work there before terminating employment?  You're delusional or trolling.  Probably both.  
they suppose to fire him if they could but they didn't cause they're trying to mess up his unemployment by saying he quit

OMG . NO WONDER THEY FIRED U.

Quit and fired are direct result from your actions.

You threw your badge in the trash and walked off, and never came back to work so they assume you quit which you were fired over.

Voluntary job adbandoment. You left your job , no notice no verbal excuse and so they fired you because of that but in layman terms YOU QUIT (Voluntary separation)..

Your not getting unemployment give it ip

Back
Top Bottom