NT OFFICIAL SUSHI APPRECIATION THREAD

Sugarfish.

roll.gif
at California/spicy tuna rolls up here.

These American rolls are good no doubt but cmon fam
I've only heard good things about Sugarfish. Haven't gone because seems pricey as hell haha

Only sushi I **** with are CA rolls and spicy tuna rolls. I tried sashimi (sp?) a while back and idk how y'all do that stuff fam :x

They good but they like the chicken mcnuggets of the sushi world. which i aint mad at :lol:

acquired taste for sashimi/raw stuff i guess. idk, sushi itself is truly an art.

Looks like I should give uni another chance. It tasted rancid to me.
i think with uni, you need to try it at least 4-5 times before it starts tasting good. The first time was horrible, 2nd time was gross, 3rd time was ehhhh, 4th time was ok, 5th time was nice.

Thats what im saying lol im surprised at the favorable responses. Who tries something they didnt like 5 more times.

It couldve been the spot i was at though. Ill have to go to one of the better places and try it again.

Have you guys tried Toro sushi? It's basically Tuna belly and goes for $15 to $20 a piece.

I tried it at an upper class restaurant in Vegas and it game me a whole new appreciation for Sushi. At first bite, it feels like a raw steak, but then on the second and third chew, you start to feel the meat melting in your mouth, texture completely changes and almost feels like icecream. it was one of the best food experiences I have had.

Would definitely recommend at least once (Just make sure it's at a decent restaurant so that you get the best quality for the price).

View media item 1894390

California Rolls don't count do they?

Because right now, that is the only thing I would eat.

Maybe something with Salmon as well

Whats the next step up from California rolls? I want to get more into sushi but Its gotta be baby steps. I was not prepared for the taste of that seaweed.

Also, I've read several reports about "fake" sushi(not actually using the fish it says it contains etc). Does this limit you to only to the more upscale spots?

go with some cooked stuff first. unagi which is fresh water eel or anago which is sea eel. if you don't like raw fish it's gonna be hard.

California rolls is basically fake sushi, it has imitation crab that is actually made out of white fish or something.

If you don't like seaweed skip the rolls and go straight for nigiri/sashimi.

go with some cooked stuff first. unagi which is fresh water eel or anago which is sea eel. if you don't like raw fish it's gonna be hard.

California rolls is basically fake sushi, it has imitation crab that is actually made out of white fish or something.

I had sashimi for the first time a few months ago. It was good! Salmon I believe. I want to try more of it. Eel sounds interesting as well.

Along with the Boston and Philadelphia rolls the tataki roll and summer roll sound interesting too.

I need to find a good sushi buffet.

Last edited:
I tried to make my own spicy tuna rolls before. I suck at rolling. After a few failed attempts I put the leftover tuna, mayo, and rice in a bowl and beasted. I love tuna.

i think with uni, you need to try it at least 4-5 times before it starts tasting good. The first time was horrible, 2nd time was gross, 3rd time was ehhhh, 4th time was ok, 5th time was nice.

I think it's the same thing with raw fish.

I didn't like it either at first, but after like my fifth or sixth try it clicked :lol:

Seared Ahi Tuna on the edges and raw on the inside>>>>>

Local spot makes a seaweed salad with this on top. Flames

Anyone ever think about going to Japan to try blowfish aka the fish w/ the poison? Livin' life on the edge 
nerd.gif

Anyone ever think about going to Japan to try blowfish aka the fish w/ the poison? Livin' life on the edge :nerd:

Fugu is largely safe to consume when prepared by the right people.

The symptoms from ingesting a lethal dose of tetrodotoxin may include dizziness, exhaustion, headache, nausea, or difficulty breathing. The victim remains conscious but cannot speak or move. Breathing stops and asphyxiation follows.

:x tho

Last edited:
Yeah but the thought that a simple mistake could cost your life 
indifferent.gif
 Would still try though

Back
Top Bottom