NT OFFICIAL SUSHI APPRECIATION THREAD

Yea its highly regulated requiring special schooling to be licensed to make it.

I gotta try this. I remember looking it up when I saw that Simpsons episode. Remember reading how it should leave a numbing sensation on your tongue.

latest

yo i been eating sushi for awhile and just now started getting into the shashimi

but the question i have is why does the place i get my sushi from put cream cheese in almost all they rolls? I just want rice in mines. is there some story behind the cream cheese?

and another question when it says smelt roe on the menu for sushi are they talking about the orange looking eggs or the actual roe?

Last edited:
yo i been eating sushi for awhile and just now started getting into the shashimi

but the question i have is why does the place i get my sushi from put cream cheese in almost all they rolls? I just want rice in mines. is there some story behind the cream cheese?

Usually it's only the "Philly Roll" that has cream cheese. Substitute it out on the others..

Buc-an-Roll$12.95
Spicy tuna, cream cheese, kompeel, topped w/tuna yellow tail, avocado & spicy mayo
Volcano Lava Special Roll$12.95
Krab, salmon, cream cheese, topped smelt roe w/avocado & baked w/spicy scallop & krab
Tempura Roll$8.95
Cream cheese, krab stick, asparagus, fried in tempura batter topped with eel sauce
Fresh Salmon Roll$10.95
Fresh salmon, scallion & cucumber topped with fresh salmon
California Roll$5.95
Krab stick, cucumber, avocado & smelt roe
Arizona$6.95
Yellow tail, smelt roe, scallion & cucumber
Screaming$10.95
Krab, shrimp, smelt roe, avocado, scallion, cucumber, wrapped w/salmon, baked & topped with spicy mayo & eel sauce. No rice.
Baba Roll$11.95
Shrimp tempura, cream cheese, asparagus, topped w/eel, steamed shrimp, avocado, eel sauce & spicy mayo
Three Sum$11.95
Spicy Scallop, Spicy Tuna & Spicy Krab, cream cheese, asparagus & avocado
Super Crunchy$10.95
Shrimp tempura, asparagus, cream cheese, spicy mayo, topped w/smoked salmon, eel sauce & tempura crunch
Tuna Garlic$11.95
Spicy tuna & asparagus topped w/seared tuna and garlic sauce
Philly$6.95
Smoked salmon, cream cheese & scallion
Spider Roll$12.95
Soft shell crab, avocado, asparagus & scallions, smelt roe, sesame seed with eel sauce
Tampa$5.95
Fish tempura, onion, spicy mayo & smelt roe
Mexican$6.95
Fried shrimp, avocado, spicy mayo & smelt roe
Eel Roll$6.95
Baked eel, avocado & eel sauce
Spicy Tuna Roll$9.95
Spicy tuna & avocado, topped with avocado spicy sauce
Sunny Tuna$9.95
Tuna, cream cheese, asparagus, krab meat, tempura fried, spicy mayo & eel sauce, no rice
Caribbean$11.95
Fried shrimp, cream cheese, asparagus, kompeel & smelt roe on top of spicy tuna
Florida Roll$9.95
Fish tempura, topped w/yellowtail & scallion
Rose Roll$12.95
Cream cheese, krab meat, tempura crunch, asparagus, avocado, rolled tuna w/ponzu sauce, eel sauce
Sexy Man$11.95
Eel, cream cheese, kompeel, asparagus, steamed shrimp. tempura fried with eel sauce
Rainbow Roll$10.95
California roll with assortment of fish on top
Volcano Roll$12.95
Baked conch dynamite on top of California roll
Tornado Roll$12.95
Baked scallop dynamite on top of California roll
Lobster Roll$15.95
Lobster tempura, avocado, lettuce, cucumber mayo, smelt roe and sesame seed with eel sauce
Crunchy Roll$12.95
Lightly fried roll of tuna, salmon, tilapia, cream cheese and scallion with spicy mayo and eel sauce
Clearwater Roll$12.95
Lightly fried roll of krab, shrimp, eel, smelt roe and cream cheese with eel sauce.
J.B. Tempura$9.95
Lightly fried roll of salmon, cream cheese, scallion with eel sauce
Spicy Krab Roll$9.95
Krab, avocado, tempura crunch, spicy mayo, smelt roe, sesame seed
Monster Roll$12.95
Fish tempura, avocado, cucumber, scallion, cream cheese, smelt roe, sesame, spicy krab, tempura crunch with spicy sauce & eel sauce
Salmon Tempura Roll$9.95
Salmon, krab, asparagus, scallion, lightly fried with eel sauce, no rice
Spicy Tuna Crunch$9.95
Tuna, asparagus, spicy sauce and tempura crunch
Rock-n-Roll$11.95
Shrimp tempura, cream cheese, asparagus, topped with eel, smoked salmon & avocado w/eel sauce

sorry for the wall of text but here is the menu almost every roll has cream cheese. tried to make the cream cheese bigger but I guess you see the point

Last edited:
Yeah. I'll pass on that spot serving cream cheese all willy nilly. Fortunately most NYC spots I've been to don't have a menu that looks like that.

Last edited:
Philly roll is my go to always. Love that stuff and double salmon with some sriracha. I hate the deep fried rolls though.

Last edited:
Buc-an-Roll$12.95
Spicy tuna, cream cheese, kompeel, topped w/tuna yellow tail, avocado & spicy mayo
Volcano Lava Special Roll$12.95
Krab, salmon, cream cheese, topped smelt roe w/avocado & baked w/spicy scallop & krab
Tempura Roll$8.95
Cream cheese, krab stick, asparagus, fried in tempura batter topped with eel sauce
Fresh Salmon Roll$10.95
Fresh salmon, scallion & cucumber topped with fresh salmon
California Roll$5.95
Krab stick, cucumber, avocado & smelt roe
Arizona$6.95
Yellow tail, smelt roe, scallion & cucumber
Screaming$10.95
Krab, shrimp, smelt roe, avocado, scallion, cucumber, wrapped w/salmon, baked & topped with spicy mayo & eel sauce. No rice.
Baba Roll$11.95
Shrimp tempura, cream cheese, asparagus, topped w/eel, steamed shrimp, avocado, eel sauce & spicy mayo
Three Sum$11.95
Spicy Scallop, Spicy Tuna & Spicy Krab, cream cheese, asparagus & avocado
Super Crunchy$10.95
Shrimp tempura, asparagus, cream cheese, spicy mayo, topped w/smoked salmon, eel sauce & tempura crunch
Tuna Garlic$11.95
Spicy tuna & asparagus topped w/seared tuna and garlic sauce
Philly$6.95
Smoked salmon, cream cheese & scallion
Spider Roll$12.95
Soft shell crab, avocado, asparagus & scallions, smelt roe, sesame seed with eel sauce
Tampa$5.95
Fish tempura, onion, spicy mayo & smelt roe
Mexican$6.95
Fried shrimp, avocado, spicy mayo & smelt roe
Eel Roll$6.95
Baked eel, avocado & eel sauce
Spicy Tuna Roll$9.95
Spicy tuna & avocado, topped with avocado spicy sauce
Sunny Tuna$9.95
Tuna, cream cheese, asparagus, krab meat, tempura fried, spicy mayo & eel sauce, no rice
Caribbean$11.95
Fried shrimp, cream cheese, asparagus, kompeel & smelt roe on top of spicy tuna
Florida Roll$9.95
Fish tempura, topped w/yellowtail & scallion
Rose Roll$12.95
Cream cheese, krab meat, tempura crunch, asparagus, avocado, rolled tuna w/ponzu sauce, eel sauce
Sexy Man$11.95
Eel, cream cheese, kompeel, asparagus, steamed shrimp. tempura fried with eel sauce
Rainbow Roll$10.95
California roll with assortment of fish on top
Volcano Roll$12.95
Baked conch dynamite on top of California roll
Tornado Roll$12.95
Baked scallop dynamite on top of California roll
Lobster Roll$15.95
Lobster tempura, avocado, lettuce, cucumber mayo, smelt roe and sesame seed with eel sauce
Crunchy Roll$12.95
Lightly fried roll of tuna, salmon, tilapia, cream cheese and scallion with spicy mayo and eel sauce
Clearwater Roll$12.95
Lightly fried roll of krab, shrimp, eel, smelt roe and cream cheese with eel sauce.
J.B. Tempura$9.95
Lightly fried roll of salmon, cream cheese, scallion with eel sauce
Spicy Krab Roll$9.95
Krab, avocado, tempura crunch, spicy mayo, smelt roe, sesame seed
Monster Roll$12.95
Fish tempura, avocado, cucumber, scallion, cream cheese, smelt roe, sesame, spicy krab, tempura crunch with spicy sauce & eel sauce
Salmon Tempura Roll$9.95
Salmon, krab, asparagus, scallion, lightly fried with eel sauce, no rice
Spicy Tuna Crunch$9.95
Tuna, asparagus, spicy sauce and tempura crunch
Rock-n-Roll$11.95
Shrimp tempura, cream cheese, asparagus, topped with eel, smoked salmon & avocado w/eel sauce

sorry for the wall of text but here is the menu almost every roll has cream cheese. tried to make the cream cheese bigger but I guess you see the point

blasphemy

like I'm trying to figure out if its a legit sushi place. cream cheese in a sushi roll just don't make sense to me.

like I'm trying to figure out if its a legit sushi place. cream cheese in a sushi roll just don't make sense to me.

If every roll they had was a variation of a philly roll then it would make sense. I'm not even a fan of philly rolls because the cream cheese doesn't taste good with sushi.

Man this thread got me craving some sashimi now 
frown.gif

No sushi pics, but I had a Sushirrito when I was in SF last year. Definitely recommend if you're trying to ease yourself into eating sushi. Spicy tuna nachos were bomb as well.

Apparently they have something similar out here in NYC but it's not as good.

Back
Top Bottom