NT Runners and Running Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks. Meanwhile you have "ballers" getting basketball Sigs in advance.

They need to get on their hustle and parlay relationships with ASICS, Nike, Adidas, Brooks, Saucony (so), etc.

i'm sure there are quite a few people that get seeded product in advance by all companies, maybe more heavy in the social media/lifestyle runners/running crews...i think depending on who the audience is would likely dictate how/if they get product, hardcore runners tend to be a much more loyal bunch, harder to sway so it might not be seen as necessary priority...

That sucks. Meanwhile you have "ballers" getting basketball Sigs in advance.

They need to get on their hustle and parlay relationships with ASICS, Nike, Adidas, Brooks, Saucony (so), etc.

Like I've read runners world reviews and feel like they're below Sole Review.

solereview reviews put runners world reviews to shame IMO. I think the reason shoe companies haven't started throwing shoes at solereivew is

1. Runners are loyal to their brands like tokes99 said, and
2. Solereview is brutally honest about a shoe.

If a shoe is great they say its great, but If it sucks they say it sucks all the way down to the workmanship of how the shoe is put together. They've disected shoes to reveal that new fangled cushioning set up was no more than extra foam, they call companies out on their marketing BS, and cutting corners...I don't think many shoe companies want to give their product away for it to get blasted especially by a site that is not so well known yet. However, as Solereview's popularity grows (which I hope it does) their hands may be forced.

I love their reviews, if free product is going to soften that (it will) I'd rather they not have relationships with the shoe companies

Winter runners, what socks do you wear to keep warm? I'm trying to avoid frost bite since it's been freezing here in Canada lately (-25C to -40C) 
mean.gif

Always been curious about those, Adidas was heavily advertising it a few years back but I don't think it took off from them.

If you do try them out, let us know if it works.

About 6 miles into my Zoom Pegasus 31 QS that my girl got me for my birthday. Loving it so far. 3M hits are a nice touch. Exposes a lot of details when the flash is exposed

Last edited:
Been hearing good things about these so I decided to pick up a pair on disco to go with my Asics. Took them out for a quick 3 mile run today and... [emoji]128525[/emoji]. Very impressed! Just the right amount of cushion, super light, could barely feel I had a shoe on. The only negative was there was a slight amount of heel slip on the right shoe, re laced around mile 1 and was good money the rest of the way.
View media item 1424316

My first fun run for the year and first ever color run. Didn't want to sacrifice any of my Flyknits so a pair of white volleys were just perfect.

Brahs, aware me.

Looking into a GPS watch since I'm starting up again. Ran a marathon in 2013 and just took since then off no running. Will be running another in Jan so I was looking for something to track my runs.

Nike+ GPS sport watch by tomtom intrigues me. Stays on the nike+ platform and can be had for under 100. I don't like carrying my phone on me during runs either. Thoughts/opinions?

Hey NT'ers.

I'm running the Rock N Roll SD Full Marathon this year at the end of May. The race benefits Leukemia & Lymphoma society.

I know a couple family members & friends who have been affected and have died from these diseases so I'm fund raising for a good cause.

Any donations from any of the NT crew members community would be appreciated.

Link here:

https://rocknrollsandiego2015.everydayhero.com/us/jonathan-s-race-for-a-cause

Last edited:
U guys ever have a problem w your nipples while running. Idk if mine are sensitive but sometimes the day after when my t shirt even rubs against it, its almost a burning feeling. I've tried bandaids but after sweating they fall off. Maybe it's the material of the shirts I'm wearing? Flame on if you want just looking for a solution

Also if anyone has a problem w sneezing uncontrollably after a long run I'd like to know. I've had this problem and it's affecting my runs

For me, it's allergies. And could be particles in your air ways.

As far as your other question, I'd Google for a solution. That has only happened to me once after a long run. It's the wind/temperature, material and your nipples.

Last edited:
I finished my first half marathon this morning and I am in PAIN!!!! But so glad I did it. I had the best playlist and was in the zone for the first 11 miles. Tohse last two miles were hell, my body did not want to cooperate but I finally crossed and thanked the man above. Afterwards went to brunch with a few friends and got hammered. Told the waitress I need fries immediately.

We were supposed to get medals for finishing but apparently they're held up in China, I'll post it once I get it in. Happy running fams!

I finished my first half marathon this morning and I am in PAIN!!!! But so glad I did it. I had the best playlist and was in the zone for the first 11 miles. Tohse last two miles were hell, my body did not want to cooperate but I finally crossed and thanked the man above. Afterwards went to brunch with a few friends and got hammered. Told the waitress I need fries immediately.

We were supposed to get medals for finishing but apparently they're held up in China, I'll post it once I get it in. Happy running fams!

Congrats!

U guys ever have a problem w your nipples while running. Idk if mine are sensitive but sometimes the day after when my t shirt even rubs against it, its almost a burning feeling. I've tried bandaids but after sweating they fall off. Maybe it's the material of the shirts I'm wearing? Flame on if you want just looking for a solution

How to Prevent Nipple Chafing

Last edited:

Nice! What was your time?

2nd fun run for the year locked in for the 22nd of March. 15.5km around the city. Should be good

Last edited:
Started running in the new Flyknit Lunar 3's. Did a quick review in the Lunar 3 thread and I am very impressed. Its early, but I think I already like them more than my Pegasus 30's.

Nice! What was your time?

2:14. I wasn't really focusing on a time goal. I was under 10 per mile until around mile 10 then i was like whatever.

LOL, is it straight to get hammered right after running a half marathon? Your body mustve been all bamboozled introducing alcohol to it after all that burn haha

It was all mimosas so it was fine for the most part. I wasn't like throwing back shots our anything

Ran the San Diego Half marathon today and set a new PR of 2:17:22

Another medal to the collection:

View media item 1438071

March is a busy month race wise for me. Got the San Diego Hot Chocolate 15K coming up in 2 weeks on the 22nd and then going up to run the Rock n Roll San Francisco half on the 29th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom