NT Runners and Running Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe NYC has those groups too, I think almost all Niketowns try to do group runs.

I've posted this before but Active.com is a good place to start looking for what is going on in your area.

Tons of groups. My homie runs with WRU (We Run Uptown) which does runs every Monday I believe.

The bottom of my left foot (same foot I broke last year bt a different spot) hurts on the bottom (imagine where your middle toe "meets" your actual foot) and I have the strangest callus there which isnt on my other foot. Was gonna hit the treadmill today but opted to do spin for my cardio. Just runners pains or that callus is a hint of something? My foot broke in an entirely different spot (Jones fracture of the 5th metatarsal which is the outside bone).

That is tough because of a prior injury so your body might be compensating or something and any advice here might just further the problem. I think you may want to check with a physician to be sure. Or at least go to a running designated store to have your foot mapped and they can recommend a shoe that works and prevents that problem. They'd at least know if that is a common problem or due to the prior injury.

I usually get callus from improper fit on the shoes but I am not sure that is the case with you.

I run with a group called Movers and Pacers here in ATL. We do sprints Tuesdays, 3 mi run Wednesdays, and flagship run Sundays with 1.5 and 3.5 mi options. They're on FB and IG

I run with a group called Movers and Pacers here in ATL. We do sprints Tuesdays, 3 mi run Wednesdays, and flagship run Sundays with 1.5 and 3.5 mi options. They're on FB and IG
When I move back to the ATL I'm gonna join it. Saw 'yall run a few weeks ago by Atlantic Station.

Thanks!

Anyone long distance runners here who have to pop blisters during mid run? Painful! I had two golf ball size blisters next to my ankle, both feet. Not sure if its the shoes or my running style. 

Interesting! I remember Jason Lester switched from Nike to HOKA ONE ONE recently (?). I'll admit HOKA ONE ONEs look like shape-ups, but I've read so many good reviews on them.

Anyhow... I saw this in the Zoom FK Thread
Lol those were on discount a year ago. I had to return my pair because I didn't know how their sizing was, would have kept them had Kanye wore them sooner haha.

Since the Lebron 2K14 you had to play the game I wonder what you have to do here. Meet certain goals with the fuelband/Nike+?lol

Hahaha Nike make people get off their lazy butts and go run a specified distance then they can purchase. I like it

I think THIS WOULD AWESOME!...
for Nike to include incentives (giftcards, NDC codes, free shirts, free gear, etc..) for reaching specific milestones on the Nike+! :nthat:

Help our small Instagram community grow by hashtagging your runs/run summaries with [COLOR=#red]#NTrunning[/COLOR] :smile:

Last edited:
WELL DAMB! The Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare SOLD OUT on the first day of registration! The 10K sold out too, but the 1/2 is still open at 80%...

Ya, they sell out FAST these days even at their prices! $330 for a 1/2 and 10K?!

I'll be on top of it when the Avengers or Rebel Challenge becomes available on the first day! The Rebel Challenge'll probably +$400! :wow: :smh:

Last edited:
Started picking up running a week or two ago. Been trying for a mile a day trying to build up my stamina. Running in some old Prestos. Not a good idea :lol:

Gotta grab actual running shoes. Looking at lunar glide 6s or zoom Pegasus 31

I really like my Peg 30's. The 31's are a lot more responsive.

If I like the Pegs, what Asics would be the equivalent? I keep hearing Nike is mediocre in the running world. Would rather try different brands myself. My knees do hurt a mile or two into an outdoor run. I also need to work on my stride and make it longer. Friend said my stride looks too short.

I think Asic Gel Cumulus are their Neutral shoe. Saucony Ride 7 and Brooks Ghost would be worth a try too.

Just finished my first ultra this past weekend in Asia! 

135km (83 miles) covering two days. Worst part was we had to carry our own sleeping bags/clothes/food for the entire run/walk.I wasn't prepared for that added weight. The running high towards the finish line felt pretty awesome. Keep running NT!

Nice. Congrats. I'd love to do one of those one of these days. Got to scratch off a Mud Run or Spartan Race off of my list first though.

I run too fast - get gassed quickly

Run too slow - don't feel like I'm making any cardio gains

ohwell.gif

Any suggestions/tips? I used to run 3-4 times a week but stopped. Kinda felt discouraged after running so much and felt like I didn't make any progress

Something is always better than nothing. Keep at it, or do interval trainig. Run fast, slow down when youre gassed, then go again. Youre gonna have timo just push yourself, or run with a friend who is a better runner who can push you. Maybe find a run club.

80 miles in 2 days? AND carrying gear?! What the hell kinda shape are you in? :lol:

Just finished my first ultra this past weekend in Asia! 

135km (83 miles) covering two days. Worst part was we had to carry our own sleeping bags/clothes/food for the entire run/walk.I wasn't prepared for that added weight. The running high towards the finish line felt pretty awesome. Keep running NT!

Congrats! What an accomplishment?! I just try to log 100 per MONTH! 83mi in two days is absolutely INSANE! [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

:\

Any suggestions/tips? I used to run 3-4 times a week but stopped. Kinda felt discouraged after running so much and felt like I didn't make any progress

I don't see you on #NTrunning, bro! :frown:

Anyhow, try to set a monthly distance goal and build up. With time, you'll see progress. Also, you have to consider rest and dieting.

Average shape and trained for about 3 months.... the 2nd day was mostly a slow slow slow jog or face past walk. Pretty much dead during the 2nd day.

Yeah, I agree with the interval training. That helps a lot. Or try running different trails, different times of the day, join a running group or sign up for a race so you have something to aim for.

Quote:

ohwell.gif

I don't see you on #NTrunning, bro!
frown.gif

Anyhow, try to set a monthly distance goal and build up. With time, you'll see progress. Also, you have to consider rest and dieting.
Embarrassed to post my milage on #NTrunning
embarassed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom