NT, what is the biggest loss you've ever taken?

I basically made a business investment and it didn't go as planned. Mostly because of a incompetent partner. It could of been worst but, I'm looking at 30k right now. :rolleyes I can't complain because a business investment is always a risk and I knew this was a possibility. I'm ready to bounce back though. Anyone else ever been in the same predicament or have taken a big(ger) loss?

None that I can think of off the the top of my head.
I haven't really taken any big risks like that. Not sure if that's a good thing tho..

Gambling 500 bucks. Those hyips. I knew they were sketch and extremely volatile. But I gambled on getting in profit before it tanked. Stupid. But it didnt hurt.

Signed up for this life investment **** for my my aunt. Didnt listen and I was young, just wanted to help her. I pay like 230$ a month for like 10 years minimum. I payed like 9k so far and ots valued at 3500 or so after 3-4 years. Its not really an L since its still mine, its just that as I got older and learned about money, I want out and feel like its a waste of money and time.

What I learned and also continuing to slowly learn is to do everything yourself, and then maybe bring in or hire people once youre set in if you need help.

30k is a lot lol. For me to gamble on 30k I wouldve needed like 90k (bare min and if I was ballsy) to 150 in the bank already.

I basically made a business investment and it didn't go as planned. Mostly because of a incompetent partner. It could of been worst but, I'm looking at 30k right now.
eyes.gif
I can't complain because a business investment is always a risk and I knew this was a possibility. I'm ready to bounce back though. Anyone else ever been in the same predicament or have taken a big(ger) loss?
Making investments with @GOLD ST CAPITAL  huh?

In my life? At least 4K on loser friends and family members who I've tried to help..But it's ok, I feel like I've been blessed with good karma since I'm in a pretty OK position.

$500 on some sneakers smh **** paypal!!!
Same here bruh. Dude tried to get me for these foams I was about to sell him. Told me to do overnight shipping. By the time I figured out he tried to cheat me out the money, I canceled that ish. Never again. 
mean.gif

Same here bruh. Dude tried to get me for these foams I was about to sell him. Told me to do overnight shipping. By the time I figured out he tried to cheat me out the money, I canceled that ish. Never again. :smh:

Can you explain the overnight scam? I had a dude offer me $500 for a pair of shoes, $100 more than i was asking if i overnight shipped em. I know there's a scam involving that so i didnt bite.

Gonna go on a limb and say he calls his bank and claims it as an unauthorized charge?

I chose to go to community college with my friend instead of going to a 4-year university right after high school. Friend got a late letter of admissions and left, and I was stuck in community college for 5 years. I'm just about to transfer this coming fall. Feels Batman but I gotta keep it pushin'

Dropped $160 on some fake Jordan 7 Flints.  Dude went ghost and of course I didn't get a refund.  

I sold them to a homie for $40 but still.

Last edited:
I chose to go to community college with my friend instead of going to a 4-year university right after high school. Friend got a late letter of admissions and left, and I was stuck in community college for 5 years. I'm just about to transfer this coming fall. Feels Batman but I gotta keep it pushin'
community college for FIVE years? i thought community colleges offer 2 year programs, how does that even work? taking 2 credits a semester? 

community college for FIVE years? i thought community colleges offer 2 year programs, how does that even work? taking 2 credits a semester? 

Either that, or son has been failing 101 classes on repeat.

are you just not smart or do you half butt it?

Last edited:
no offense, but you might have failed out of a 4 year university considering you're still at a community.

you saved $$$ and were on cruise control, you won :smokin

Lol what a waste of time.....

Were you working full time the whole time or something?

Can you explain the overnight scam? I had a dude offer me $500 for a pair of shoes, $100 more than i was asking if i overnight shipped em. I know there's a scam involving that so i didnt bite.

Gonna go on a limb and say he calls his bank and claims it as an unauthorized charge?

I posted the weatherman foams on eBay, just looking for maybe 350. So this guy hmu on there, giving me his number and telling me to text him. After a couple of convos, he offered me 400. Me being a college student, I was all for it. He told me if I did overnight, he'd throw an extra hundred in there. So the next day it says that he put 500 in my PayPal like he said he would before I shipped them. Later on that night, after I shipped them off, I looked on my PayPal account and it says it's not on there. So in the morning I talked to PayPal officials and they called it a fraud. What was supposed to net me 500 ended up costing me big time.

I posted the weatherman foams on eBay, just looking for maybe 350. So this guy hmu on there, giving me his number and telling me to text him. After a couple of convos, he offered me 400. Me being a college student, I was all for it. He told me if I did overnight, he'd throw an extra hundred in there. So the next day it says that he put 500 in my PayPal like he said he would before I shipped them. Later on that night, after I shipped them off, I looked on my PayPal account and it says it's not on there. So in the morning I talked to PayPal officials and they called it a fraud. What was supposed to net me 500 ended up costing me big time.

Sorry for your loss, but, this story is hilarious :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom