NT, what's that little white circle on the bottom of people's fingernails?? (PIC)

Why do people have those white circles on bottom of their fingernails??
I see a lot of people that have these on their fingernails but I don't have it.
Pic below:

i have that, but its in the middle..been wondering *++ it is
laugh.gif

If you don't have it, it means your not from this planet. J/K, I've wondered this myself but never actually googled it.

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Why do people have those white circles on bottom of their fingernails??
I see a lot of people that have these on their fingernails but I don't have it.
Pic below:

What is this object being held?

The white half-moon at the base of the nail is called the Lunula and is the leading edge of the Matrix where the nail plate cells are 'born'. The longer the lunula, the thicker the nail plate. One can usualy see the Lunula on the thumbs, forefingers, middle fingers and a little bit on the ring finger, but rarely on the pinkie finger. If you do not see the Lunula on your nails, it just means that your nail plate is thinner because of reduced nail plate cell production. This is always genetic and doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with your nails.

Everybody that posted just checked their nails lol, I only have it on my thumbs, jus noticed my nails need to be cut brb

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

The white half-moon at the base of the nail is called the Lunula and is the leading edge of the Matrix where the nail plate cells are 'born'. The longer the lunula, the thicker the nail plate. One can usualy see the Lunula on the thumbs, forefingers, middle fingers and a little bit on the ring finger, but rarely on the pinkie finger. If you do not see the Lunula on your nails, it just means that your nail plate is thinner because of reduced nail plate cell production. This is always genetic and doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with your nails.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

It means you have weak nails
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Just checked don't have any.

Yall a bunch of mutants with useless attributes.
get outta here with that. im jockin on ya with my thick fingernails
roll.gif

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by AudaciousAudrey

Wait what? Is this a real question?

Im sayin...this is thread worthy?
ask Jeeves
Don't post if you don't like the thread......

Thanks to all the real answers though...

Back
Top Bottom