NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Those M&P's look sweet.

Quick question and sorry if its been answered, which is best for home security? 9mm or 40mm? I know it could go either way but anyone that has shot both can give a quick pros vs cons?

The 9mm is the easiest of the 2

easier recoil ...

.40 cal is just a necked down 10mm , kicks harder/snappier than the 9mm

I'd go with the 9mm personally ... There are plenty of man stopping ammo rounds in 9mm

Nothing beats a pump for home defense purpose tho

is it just me or does anyone else notice .40 cal is waaaay too snappy. .45's have less recoil to me. 9mm all day.

If you ever shot a 10mm you'd understand why ..

10mm is a big bore gun.

Frank ,That P30 is sexy , but GAHDAMMIE @ the price of those mags :x:x .. the hell is up with that barrel tho?

Thanks. The barrel is long because it was part of the process to be able to bring the gun into and buy it legally in California.

It had to have a minimum 6" barrel and an OAL of 10.5" or something like that. Also, the magazine had to be blocked so it would only chamber one round each time. It's a reversible process since I converted it back to it's normal state after I took it home.

:x Cali laws are horrid ..

^^^ True, better than NY laws though. U have to pretty much be the pope to be able to legally carry in that state

As far as ammo, what would you guys recommend for target practice and home defense in 9mm? From what I see I know some choose diff ammo for each case. Also where is the best places online to buy?

loonyrobert- target ammo=the cheapest stuff that will reliably cycle through your gun, and meets your personal accuracy standards. I personally prefer the Wally world federal champion, or american eagle, usually of the 115 gr variety.

For self defense, it really depends on you and your gun. Above all it needs to work reliably. Speer Gold Dot 124+p, winchester ranger, remington golden sabers, even the old school Fed hi-shok is better than using your target ammo for SD. This link is a good place to start.

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm

Anyway gents, some new hardware. After this, i think im good. 2 rifles, 2 pistols, 2 shotguns; Im GTG. Traded my AR pistol and ended up with an LMT complete lower, keyhole upper with 14.5 bcm barrel and DD lite rail. Traded with an LEO from PG County SWAT, i bet that upper has bodies, literally...

The mossberg SPX 930 i found for a damn good deal locally. Can't wait to get out and try it out, and maybe try it with the eotech....but the sights it came with seem pretty damn good. disassembled and froglubed it last night. btw, this is the longest i've ever been held up by the background check, took almost 45 minutes for the damn thing to process.

i guess next i'll have to buy optics for all these damn things. Looking at 1-4x 30mm (maybe the Leatherwood CMR), maybe another eotech or a vortex SPARC for the shotty.

2012 im definitely trying to drop some money for training. Im trying to get signed up for a local 1 day pistol class at the end of october, and defintely at least weekend carbine course, and a low round shotgun course too.

10z4nbq.jpg

Last edited:
Any recommend me a good sig 9mm. My girl is gonna start shooting at the range next week and I think it would be a good start for something we can both comfortably shoot.

any of the classic sigs should be pretty good; p226, p228. I think ealito has a sig sp2022 and likes his, ive read good things about them. but maybe he can chime in with his experience.

Finally made my decision for my first handgun..I went with the Taurus 809c SS 9mm..Fits my hand perfectly and is very lightweight..Went with the stainless steel instead of the all black..Had it narrowed down to the Taurus, Bersa, and Ruger..I know Ruger has a longer history than the other two and I liked the Ruger's options in my price range, but I just couldn't find one that "felt" right to me..I actually liked one of the Bersa's the best, but according to the salesman it didn't have a either a lock or a safety (can't remember which one)..Couldn't do that because I have kids in the house and need it to be as safe as possible..So I went with the Taurus and couldn't be happier..Love the fact it came with a 13 rd. and 17 rd. magazine..Paid $420 after background, fees, and tax..

[COLOR=#red]Went to the Hi Caliber Gun show in Pasadena TX (Houston Area) and bought the magnificent M92 PAP Pistol. It's the newest AK-47 styled pistol. EXCELLENT quality...feels so solid, like a single block of metal. Comes with 2 30 round magazines that feel nothing less than classy. 7.62x39 is the business. I'll post a reference pic until I take pictures of mine.

BTW the barrel is pre-threaded, and she is ready for an underfolder stock and other accessories. This is going to make one hell of an SBR once I go through the process. As long as I keep it as is I can carry it concealed (in a low profile tactical knapsack) as a pistol, and it makes an excellent car gun if you ever need that extra firepower (which I highly doubt, just saying).

When I was in Afghanistan there was this mysterious Israeli guy that walked around with the Krink/Draco AK pistols and I was always intrigued by it. Now I have one of my own.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]
This is what the gun looks like with rails and the underfolding stock attached. Just think a compact piston SBR that can take all types of abuse, shoots a full-sized heavy hitting round, and can accept modern accessories. These are reportedly a lot more accurate than the reputation of AK-style weapons seem to have.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Ok maybe the second video is a little OD, but I'm going at least do the rails and the underfolder. [/COLOR]

:smokin

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]

Hinged dustcover doesn't feel flimsy at all like some AK's tend to feel. Like a quality AR that doesn't have a lot of lower to upper movement, it doesn't have a lot of wiggle when closed.

Bolt and long stroke piston assembly.

2u481vd.jpg

Bolt catch integrated into the safety. A convenient feature not found on all AK variants. Keeps the bolt locked in the rearward position.

If I remove that weld (the little glob) I can unscrew the thread protector to add compensators and or suppresor.

vhdb92.jpg

These magazines have a last round bolt hold open feature. A lot of firearms have this feature, but most AK's don't. This is really like a modernized AK with a lot of the features I appreciate.

The difference between a 77 grain 5.56 round and a 7.62x39 round. [/COLOR]

335fwd4.jpg

dope ak. what stock are you going to throw on there? the best part is the surplus ammo is so cheap if you don't mind shooting corrosive. corrosive yugo ammo is the best you can find.

[COLOR=#red]
dope ak. what stock are you going to throw on there? the best part is the surplus ammo is so cheap if you don't mind shooting corrosive. corrosive yugo ammo is the best you can find.

[COLOR=#red]Thanks man, I'm going to get an underfolding stock and add quad rails. I'll get the quad rails first as it doesn't require me to go through the ATF process. This weapon makes for the ULTIMATE SBR platform. Very small and compact yet powerful that is ultra reliable and doesn't require you to baby it. But yeah I love the price of 7.62x39 ammo. I will stick to the non corrosive type, but even they are still dirt cheap. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]iPad shown for size reference. Fits perfectly in a small, non-conspicuous knapsack with plenty of room left for spare mags and other items. Perfectly legal with a concealed carry license. [/COLOR]

EWD, have you been in combat or are you more of a support guy as a contractor? 

[COLOR=#red]I have never ever been in combat, I was national level intelligence (not military). I was in the field, but I never made contact like in a firefight or anything like that. Here's the thing though...we were well armed and well trained because we were considered a bigger target because of our capabilities. Plus we kind of stood out because we could wear whatever we wanted, no uniform or such with automatic weapons. [/COLOR]

EWD, have you been in combat or are you more of a support guy as a contractor? 
I have never ever been in combat, I was national level intelligence (not military). I was in the field, but I never made contact like in a firefight or anything like that. Here's the thing though...we were well armed and well trained because we were considered a bigger target because of our capabilities. Plus we kind of stood out because we could wear whatever we wanted, no uniform or such with automatic weapons.
I see..

I always found contractors somewhat interesting. Namely, how they fell into the job. 

Last edited:
EWD Draco SBR are the only AK variants that I like so I'm lowkey jelly :lol:

Keep us updated when you put the rail on it.

EWD Draco SBR are the only AK variants that I like so I'm lowkey jelly :lol:
Keep us updated when you put the rail on it.

[COLOR=#red]How's it going Sir? Check this, like yourself I consider myself more on the patriotic side...so for YEARS I stayed away from the Commie Deluxe, but I was always intrigued by them. Then I saw that even some of our own (well the ones that could anyway) would use AK's because they preferred them in certain situations. So I finally broke down and bought one. I tell you what brother, in the same way that I feel proud to own an M-16/AR-15/CAR-15 variant, I feel the notoriety effect when I hold the mini AK. Can't quite explain it any better than that. I will say though that its brilliance is in its utter simplicity. You can definitely tell they gave up a little refinement and accuracy for just plain ole functionality.

I'll be sure to update the progress. For now I need to get to the range and make myself decent with it. I'm still an AK virgin as of now.

Hey please PM me once you get settled in San Antonio. I'm not that far away in Houston, and I like visiting there, plus we have no real military base here, so I'll go up there to do some good ole tax free PX shopping from time to time.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]How's it going Sir? Check this, like yourself I consider myself more on the patriotic side...so for YEARS I stayed away from the Commie Deluxe, but I was always intrigued by them. Then I saw that even some of our own (well the ones that could anyway) would use AK's because they preferred them in certain situations. So I finally broke down and bought one. I tell you what brother, in the same way that I feel proud to own an M-16/AR-15/CAR-15 variant, I feel the notoriety effect when I hold the mini AK. Can't quite explain it any better than that. I will say though that its brilliance is in its utter simplicity. You can definitely tell they gave up a little refinement and accuracy for just plain ole functionality.
I'll be sure to update the progress. For now I need to get to the range and make myself decent with it. I'm still an AK virgin as of now.
Hey please PM me once you get settled in San Antonio. I'm not that far away in Houston, and I like visiting there, plus we have no real military base here, so I'll go up there to do some good ole tax free PX shopping from time to time.[/COLOR]

I'll be PMing you as soon as I get to San Antonio. But for the longest AKs did nothing for me, I don't know what it is but well placed rails, lights and optics just make certain long guns sexy . That's why modernized SBR Dracos and AKs catch my eye but the old school wood furniture is nice but do nothing for me. I guess I just love the Tacticool :lol:

Back
Top Bottom